Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should have pulled the trigger
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marcus21

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Should have pulled the trigger Reply with quote

New England got Aquib Talib and a 7th for a 4th round pick.....We should maid that move! I realize he is suspended, but he would be activated right after our bye week. He would have been a HUGE upgrade to our secondary, and we prolly could have signed him for an extension for cheap! This move would have turned our 4th round pick to a starter. We are so limited in picks we cant afford to miss on any!!! I realize its a done deal now, but I really wish we would have pulled the trigger and took a chance!!!!! Thoughts?
mike23md

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would have left us with a 2nd, 3rd, 2 5th's, and a 6th. Not much value to build on there in that draft pool.

Plus the character thing added to Hall makes it really difficult to bring in Talib.

Play with what we got and lets see who hits the market after Hall.

Needs:
SS
CB
RT
ILB

And most of these needs tend to be starting caliber. So if there is not much to hit the market we have to rely on the draft. So we need all the picks we can get to get the best value out of the draft.

I am glad we didnt go after him and give away picks. If it was for a 5th straight up. Would have done it.

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wholeheartedly agree with Mike23md. It was not worth the cost, especially for a trouble maker off the field like Talib. There is no way as a coach or owner, whatever you could trust him.

I think it says a lot that we have his old hC Morris on our staff and we didn't pick him up.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I wholeheartedly agree with Mike23md. It was not worth the cost, especially for a trouble maker off the field like Talib. There is no way as a coach or owner, whatever you could trust him.

I think it says a lot that we have his old hC Morris on our staff and we didn't pick him up.

Yep and 30 other teams passed him too !
MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't think we need another knucklehead DB. We should continue to scout and develop our own players instead of trying to recycle others garbage.
Dashing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is right ! how can you guys stand here and bring up some BS about our picks do you not know we need a CB any way ? a good one? .

Talib has shut down CB potential and is 26 and would be 27 years old we would of only lost a more early pick and just traded a later one.

Talib loves Raheem and Im sure would of stayed here. His price is very cheap considering how good he really is we needed him.

Now what do you guys wanna do wait for FA and hope we sign a CB? please we will sign probably some nickle dime type of guy I can already see it. Or hope to god we have a 2nd round CB but even so we could of gotten Talib and a safety in the 2nd .
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:

Talib loves Raheem and Im sure would of stayed here. His price is very cheap considering how good he really is we needed him.
It seems The feeling might not be mutual. Guys who are idiots off the field like Talib and Tanard Jackson are a big reason why Raheem got canned in Tampa.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talib is more loyal to the trees than his own career.

David Amerson will right this secondary's wrongs.
Just wait.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:

Just wait.
thats true. He will probably be available for us in round 2. He's had a down year, as as Eric Reid who were both thought to be top 15 picks before the season. Now, they may be there for us in round 2. I still have a feeling both players show enough in all the activities after the college football season to be 1st round picks though. I can't imagine a team like the steelers passing on either guy if they are there when they select. They have the same defensive problems we do.

Marcus21

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:

Just wait.
thats true. He will probably be available for us in round 2. He's had a down year, as as Eric Reid who were both thought to be top 15 picks before the season. Now, they may be there for us in round 2. I still have a feeling both players show enough in all the activities after the college football season to be 1st round picks though. I can't imagine a team like the steelers passing on either guy if they are there when they select. They have the same defensive problems we do.

Amerson has been horrible this year.......hes a tweener and will prolly play safety in the NFL...Elam or Jefferson in the second unless we can get Byrd in FA then I would take the best corner on the board!

There is no point in debating the reason I wanted Talib because he a Patriot now. So I will leave that one alone.
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:

Just wait.

Pleasedraft Amerson!!!!! Its my name!!!!!! Cool

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with marcus though,wish we would have got talib Sad

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
FosterTheSkins

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
I really don't think we need another knucklehead DB. We should continue to scout and develop our own players instead of trying to recycle others garbage.

Exactly. Not being able to develop players is the one of the main reasons the Skins have struggled for the past decade.
Better run better run faster than RG3.
footy_29

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked myself this question too.

However, in discussing SoS's 2011 redraft, he has the Redskins selecting Justin Houston who he believes has the higher ceiling because of his athleticism (debatable). One of the reasons I said it made sense to go with Kerrigan was because of his history compared to Houston's.

Let me elaborate...

In my view, Sleepy Fred and Trent received their first warning before the 2011 draft - seems logical considering the timing of the lockout - and if they didn't, I wouldn't be surprised if the FO had some notions. Justin Houston has a similar history to Trent and Sleepy Fred, in relation to their drug use.

At some point, you have to go with the 'professional athlete' - the player with leadership, work ethic and talent. Orakpo, Kerrigan and Fletcher are all such players, although we all know Fletch has reached a steep decline. Clearly there are others added by this FO, however the point remains, which is: with the exception of short-term fixes, this FO is prioritizing 'character' players.

When it comes to Talib, why waste the pick on a player who will not be here for long. With his issues, he is not slated to remain with the team in the long-term, so why bother with the experiment? Sure, you may get a talent for cheap, but this player is a worse locker room injection than D.Hall ever was.

I am glad they passed on him. Still very concerned about the unit, but there are other ways to fix it. Teams have had some late success drafting corners of late, if the resources are dedicated to this task, I do not see why it cannot be done in the next couple of drafts in conjunction with free agent additions.
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We already have a secondary full of morons with Hall, Meriweather, and Tanard, why throw another into the mix?

chauboy wrote:
Then there was 1 group of girls that were just standing against of wall, the group being hot, just texting. Just intimidating.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: