Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you rather....Suck for Luck or Play for Tannehill
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xXxHOUSEDxXx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think after today it's pretty clear we should have Sucked for Luck.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:

Just stop.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
xXxHOUSEDxXx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:
xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:

Just stop.

Do you want me to stop because the truth hurts? You've made several posts in this thread, none of which have made any sense.

Last edited by xXxHOUSEDxXx on Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
MDolphins2399

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:

Yeah Tannehill was awful today... Andrew Luck tore apart our secondary and proved to be everything everyone thought he would be. Why are you so obsessed with seeing your team play like crap in order to get better draft picks?

Tannehill was outplayed by Luck it was obvious, but he did not play all that poorly, room for improvement? Yes. Is he getting better weekly? Yes. He has far exceeded my first year expectations and we didn't have to tank to get him. The Colts tanking last year disgusted me. Yes this team still has a lot to improve but you do not improve by playing for good draft choices.

Colts outplayed us today, we may both make the playoffs though. I don't know that we are a playoff team yet but in a few years we look like w may be, and QB is no longer a glaring need for us.

Man up. You never tank for the purpose of a better draft choice, it's childish and classless.
xXxHOUSEDxXx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MDolphins2399 wrote:
xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:

Yeah Tannehill was awful today... Andrew Luck tore apart our secondary and proved to be everything everyone thought he would be. Why are you so obsessed with seeing your team play like crap in order to get better draft picks?

I don't think Tannehill was awful today. I just think it's clear Luck is that much better than him. And for someone to come in here saying Luck wasn't even the best QB prospect in this class is asinine, asiten, asieleven...(Stephen A. Smith voice)

I was probably rooting harder for the Dolphins to win than anyone today. That loss hurts. I like the direction of this team. However, I'd like the direction of this team much, much better with Luck under center. And if you disagree with that statement than you're simply wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:
dolphan9954 wrote:
xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:

Just stop.

Do you want me to stop because the truth hurts? You've made several posts in this thread, none of which have made any sense.

What truth? Luck had a great game. He had only 12 yards more than Tannehill's best game. It was a great performance, but let's not act like the Dolphins defense came to play. He got away with two passes that Smith should have picked, and one of those a touchdown that Smith should've deflected. While I think Luck played great, I also think the Dolphins just flat played bad. Besides Vernon, Wake, and Soliai there isn't one player that even played average today.

What makes Luck the miles better prospect than RG3? You're famous for making these statements, but show me some evidence.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not like the Dolphins were even close to getting Luck either. To "Suck for Luck" you have to at least be close to getting the pick. That movement was by fans who simply don't understand the workings of a TEAM. You don't lose games on purpose, and if you do you lose your veteran players. The same veteran players that are a huge reason why the Dolphins are 4-4 and not 0-8.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
xXxHOUSEDxXx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:
xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:
dolphan9954 wrote:
xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:

Just stop.

let's not act like the Dolphins defense came to play.

The Dolphins defense NEVER play well against teams who spread us out and throw the ball. We get torched by teams like that consistently and have for years.

dolphan9954 wrote:
What makes Luck the miles better prospect than RG3? You're famous for making these statements, but show me some evidence.

Because literally every single person who ranks prospects ranked Luck ahead of RG3.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:
It's not like the Dolphins were even close to getting Luck either. To "Suck for Luck" you have to at least be close to getting the pick. That movement was by fans who simply don't understand the workings of a TEAM. You don't lose games on purpose, and if you do you lose your veteran players. The same veteran players that are a huge reason why the Dolphins are 4-4 and not 0-8.

Who said that the Dolphins should have lost games on purpose? All I said was that after every loss last year I didn't care because it put us in the hunt for Luck.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:
dolphan9954 wrote:
xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:
dolphan9954 wrote:
xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:

Just stop.

let's not act like the Dolphins defense came to play.

The Dolphins defense NEVER play well against teams who spread us out and throw the ball. We get torched by teams like that consistently and have for years.

dolphan9954 wrote:

Because literally every single person who ranks prospects ranked Luck ahead of RG3.

Because he is a safer prospect. RG3 was considered by most to have more talent, but be a wildcard because of his college offense.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:
dolphan9954 wrote:

Who said that the Dolphins should have lost games on purpose? All I said was that after every loss last year I didn't care because it put us in the hunt for Luck.

Well if Miami should've "Sucked for Luck" how else does a team that finished 7-9 get in position for the number 1 pick?

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
xXxHOUSEDxXx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:
Because he is a safer prospect. RG3 was considered by most to have more talent, but be a wildcard because of his college offense.

You're so far off-base with this. If you honestly and truly think that RG3 was considered a better prospect than Luck prior to the draft then I don't know what to tell you other than you're flat out wrong. Would you to have an argument with me trying to convince me the sky is purple next? Because it's blue bro.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:
dolphan9954 wrote:

You're so far off-base with this. If you honestly and truly think that RG3 was considered a better prospect than Luck prior to the draft then I don't know what to tell you other than you're flat out wrong. Would you to have an argument with me trying to convince me the sky is purple next? Because it's blue bro.

You realize that most people sad it was a crapshoot between the two quarterbacks right? Most said "you can't go wrong with either."

I could careless if you don't agree with me, but your argument is off base. Have you spoken with NFL scouts about them? Or are you just basing your opinion off of Mel Kiper, Todd McShay, and Skip Bayless?

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
xXxHOUSEDxXx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:
xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:
dolphan9954 wrote:

You realize that most people sad it was a crapshoot between the two quarterbacks right? Most said "you can't go wrong with either."

I could careless if you don't agree with me, but your argument is off base. Have you spoken with NFL scouts about them? Or are you just basing your opinion off of Mel Kiper, Todd McShay, and Skip Bayless?

There are thousands and thousands of opinions from people like the two of us to guys like Kiper, McShay, etc. Everyone said Luck is the better prospect. No, I have not spoken to any NFL scouts, but neither have you. Of the thousands and thousands of opinions that can be found online, it's clear that Luck was the consensus better prospect. Unless the 32 NFL General Managers all had a different opinion than everyone else in the world, then I can only assume they felt the same way. Oh, and the fact that Luck went #1 confirms that at least one GM thought Luck was the better prospect.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tannehil played a damn good game today. Yeah, Luck played better, but he also had better targets to throw to and he threw the ball a LOT more times. Give Tannehill that many attempted with a great seam TE and a future HoF in Wayne and see how he does.

That right there is Catrinel Menghia, hottest woman who ever lived, soon to be Catrinel Alexander if she isn't careful.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: