Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you rather....Suck for Luck or Play for Tannehill
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:
Warpticon wrote:
xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:
I was the biggest proponent of Suck for Luck and still think if you have a shot at getting the best QB prospect in a decade you do it. Tannehill has played well so far, but the sample size is small. Not only that, but he's already injured so he could turn out to be injury prone. Nobody knows anything at this point. All I know is right now I'd still take my chances with Luck over Tannehill.

He wasn't even the best QB prospect in his own draft.

Said nobody ever.

Me sir. More upside for RG3 and less safe. I was the leader of the trade up movement.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
xXxHOUSEDxXx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:
xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:
Warpticon wrote:
xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:
I was the biggest proponent of Suck for Luck and still think if you have a shot at getting the best QB prospect in a decade you do it. Tannehill has played well so far, but the sample size is small. Not only that, but he's already injured so he could turn out to be injury prone. Nobody knows anything at this point. All I know is right now I'd still take my chances with Luck over Tannehill.

He wasn't even the best QB prospect in his own draft.

Said nobody ever.

Me sir. More upside for RG3 and less safe. I was the leader of the trade up movement.

RG3 absolutely had more upside than Luck, but he wasn't a better prospect. Gerald McCoy was also a better prospect than JPP but JPP had more upside. He went on to fulfill his upside and obviously be a better player, but that's all hindsight. Luck was a better prospect than RG3 with RG3 having more upside.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well many saw Luck as next Manning/Brady, and many argue that they are the best QB's ever. So not the popular opinion necessarily.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
xXxHOUSEDxXx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:
Well many saw Luck as next Manning/Brady, and many argue that they are the best QB's ever. So not the popular opinion necessarily.

I am so confused right now.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:
dolphan9954 wrote:

I am so confused right now.

Why?

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
xXxHOUSEDxXx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you're saying isn't making sense.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suck for Luck.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been pleasantly surprised by Tannehill. I thought he'd be a bust. I still wish we had Luck
cddolphin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was never a support of Suck for Luck. Been pleasantly surprised about Tannehill, was expecting another John Beck, it's what I'm used to.
skatewood2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did jump on the "Suck for Luck" bandwagon, but I never truly rooted for us to win. Come game day I just could not do it. Now half way thru the season I decided that I did not want Luck anymore as I was completely on the RGIII bandwagon and truly supported the Fins taking him no matter what and I still to this day think that was the best option. But I would not change anything as I am extremely happy with RT17 and think he will lead us for years to come. Things always work out for a reason.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was never on the "Suck for Luck" wagon. I will not root for my team to lose. I honestly think that all 3 QBs are going to be elite in their respective ways. I would have liked Luck but with winning turned me into watching film on Tannehill and I think is up their with Luck. He is a quick learner and has a short memory. The way he commands the huddle and leads the 10 other guys on the field is something we have missed for awhile now.

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
Dolphin Dave

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a decade of suckage I was willing to suck one more year to get Luck. Kind of look at it like a bad tooth. It hurts day after day but pulling it out without novacane is gonna hurt worse but the long term releaf is worth it. It's worked out with Tannehill but if someone would have taken him before us or he turned out to be another bust, we would all be wishing for that trip to the dentist right now.

frankmoore wrote:
The hero doesn't always ride off into the sunset with the girl, sometimes he ends up on the wrong end of the lightsaber.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the 6-3 we went down the stretch was pretty important for this team and their confidence in each other. Probably more valuable than the difference between Luck and Tannehill. But it's way too early for that kind of hindsight. Give it at least a full season before we declare one QB as being just as good as the other. Honestly, my biggest fear last year was that we would finish with like 3 or 4 wins and finish 3rd in the race for two QB's. But I'm OK with coming on strong the way we did last year, because I think it set us up for success this season.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
I think the 6-3 we went down the stretch was pretty important for this team and their confidence in each other. Probably more valuable than the difference between Luck and Tannehill. But it's way too early for that kind of hindsight. Give it at least a full season before we declare one QB as being just as good as the other. Honestly, my biggest fear last year was that we would finish with like 3 or 4 wins and finish 3rd in the race for two QB's. But I'm OK with coming on strong the way we did last year, because I think it set us up for success this season.

This is pretty much how I see it. I think intentionally creating a culture of losing is a dangerous proposition. Losing begets losing.
Tetsuya_Ryuji

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could not root for us to lose either, was hoping we would trade up for RG3, wanted him more than Luck. I was 100% against drafting Tanny and for now am eating my words, we'll see how this and next season pan out, we won't know anything until mid-way through next season at least.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: