Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you rather....Suck for Luck or Play for Tannehill
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Would you rather....Suck for Luck or Play for Tannehill Reply with quote

Would you rather have lost out our games last year and secured the first overall pick in order to take Andrew Luck or would you rather have played hard all season and taken Ryan Tannehill, like we did?

Lots of fans joined in the SUCK FOR LUCK campaign last year, while others wanted us to play hard and play the cards dealt.

I'm wondering, with the success that Tannehill has had, how many "Suck For Luck" folks are glad we ended up with Tannehill and how many people regret not landing Luck.

I'm happy with what happened. I also think folding on purpose is a cowards way out. I also think its no guarantee at finding the best player when you have the #1 overall pick. Throw in the larger salary and I am thrilled with getting Tannehill and passing on Luck. How about you?
patdt13

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a Suck 4 Luck supporter, but I'm happy we got RT17.

Xbox Live GT: With The Tide
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't post last season, but I am always for a team trying to win games. I feel that the effort the players gave at the end of the season and fighting to win games has only helped this season. Players knew what it took to win and have built on that. You never want to develop a losing culture.....

As far as the QBs....I think I would have been satisfied with either....RT seems to have landed in the ideal situation for his development....not many rookies get a chance to work with several of their former coaches....
Manic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still support the suck for luck, as it made the most sense. It just so happened that it worked out with tanny and i will continue to support him for as long as he is a dolphin.

so yes if i had to do it all over again i would still be for sucking for luck

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was the biggest proponent of Suck for Luck and still think if you have a shot at getting the best QB prospect in a decade you do it. Tannehill has played well so far, but the sample size is small. Not only that, but he's already injured so he could turn out to be injury prone. Nobody knows anything at this point. All I know is right now I'd still take my chances with Luck over Tannehill.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never root for my team to lose no matter what so i am happy with the way things turned out. Dont get me wrong i like luck but just dont like that mentality. If i recall people this summer were even saying bust for barkley instead of drafting tannehill this year.
Fender

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was against sucking for Luck, he is overrated because he could get hurt.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hindsight is 20/20, always.

I was someone who wanted Andrew Luck last draft. But I'm glad we landed Ryan Tannehill and he seems to be the real deal.

At the same time, what if we had tried a bit harder last year and lost out on Tannehill, getting stuck with Brandon Weeden or someone else?

Nacho Simulation Football League
Warpticon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:
I was the biggest proponent of Suck for Luck and still think if you have a shot at getting the best QB prospect in a decade you do it. Tannehill has played well so far, but the sample size is small. Not only that, but he's already injured so he could turn out to be injury prone. Nobody knows anything at this point. All I know is right now I'd still take my chances with Luck over Tannehill.

He wasn't even the best QB prospect in his own draft.
xXxHOUSEDxXx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:

Said nobody ever.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked Griffin more than Luck. He was just as smart, more accurate, and had a stronger arm, with crazy legs. Knock on him was the fact he was probably going to be injury prone.

With the knowledge we have today, I would take Tanny. But I was all for suck for Luck.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was not in favor of sucking for luck. But I was in favor of drafting Tannehill and we may have "lucked out" in landing him at #8. for those who still wished we had gotten Luck, honestly answer these questions and see if your opinion isn't swayed:

1) Has Luck outperformed Tannehill given the talent of the supporting cast? Specifically, what would Tannehill's numbers be with Reggie Wayne, TY Hilton, and the rookie TEs?

2) Is there less pressure on Tannehill going forward? Sometimes players like Luck, RG3, and Cam have so much pressure on them, it affects their productivity years down the road. RT17 was not expected to do much (relatively speaking) and I think flying below radar a little has served him well. The whole world pronounced him a reach at #8, and I'm glad it happened that way.

3) Who's woman is hotter? We will be treated to endless pictures of Mrs. Tannehill for the forseeable future. And I'm not sure Luck's lady is in the same league as Lauren. Now if he really puts his mind to it, he should have no problem. But as of right now we simply don't know. Brady's success is arguably due in large part to his association with Gizelle. Can we expect a similar "boost" for RT17?
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not have changed anything based on what I know now. I would still suck for Luck because not only would we have gotten Luck but we would have been the first pick of the following rounds (assuming noone equalled our record).
IrishDolfan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:

I think that is a statement made with the help of hindsight.

Irish Dolfan
FF member #1205

Profanity is the one language known by all programmers!
phinmun

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The day I accept losses to division rivals for the sake of draft picks is the day I am analyzing this stuff WAY too much and will need to be told to just sit back and enjoy being a fan for whatever that amounts to.

I always want players to play well, to stay healthy and to accomplish their mission. SO long as that is to win games, then I want to see that happen.

I was happy with how the season ended last year and would've been happy if we pulled the trigger on Tannehill or a trade up to get either one of the other two QBs. If we gave away our next 3 1st round picks for Andrew Luck I would've considered it a bargain. If we traded out entire draft for Andrew Luck I would've considered it a bargain.

That happens in April though, not in December. In December I am in fan mode and I am rooting for the team to win.

I also would've pulled the trigger on Brady Quinn though so maybe I'm stupid. What that really tells me though is that good offensive minds can usually spot over-rated or un-fit prospects and that I should trust them more. I think Philbin knew that Tannehill was the guy by watching tape and listening to what Sherman and others who were around him said.

It was a collective effort to draft Tannehill made by guys who I trust and who I think should be given control seeing so long as they are in the positions they are. There's no sense trying to baby the installation of a program. If we're hiring the guy, we might as well draft the players he likes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: