Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fattlipp's Mock Version 1.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fattlipp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Fattlipp's Mock Version 1.0 Reply with quote

We lose to SF in NFC Championship..just sayin

Franchise and Trade Jennings to Miami for a 2nd.
Trade Finley to Atlanta for a 3rd

Restructure Woodson
Resign EDS/Waldon/Shields/Jones/Crabtree/Boykin

Cut/Release : Driver/Benson/Zombo/Francois/White/Saturday

1(29) Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame - He runs a 4.77 and falls to us, He can play all 4 LB spots.
2(18-Jennings) DeAndre Hopkins*, WR, Clemson - Gives us a deep threat that is also productive.
2(29) Joseph Fauria, TE, UCLA - An all around TE that instantly replaces Finley.
3(26-Finley) Daniel McCullers*, DT, Tennessee - Mountain of a man to replace Picket in 2014.
3(29) Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia - Falls a bit because of off field issues, but is a player.
4(29) Mario Benavides, C, Louisville - Competes w/ EDS for the starting gig.
4(comp for Flynn) Marcus Lattimore*, RB, South Carolina - Worth a gamble here if he enters the draft.
5(29) Cameron Marshall, RB, Arizona State - Double up , One will emerge.
6(29) James Hurst*, OT, North Carolina - Has some upside.
7(29) Denard Robinson, QB, Michigan - Can help us at WR/RB and 3rd string QB.
Kenrik

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there's the "youll never know" but I'm 99% sure Te'o will not fall below 15th or even 10. Go to a lot of mocks and almost every team that has a need at LB wants this guy. Besides some freak pass rushers he should be the first defensive player taken.

I like the fact you drafted a wr early with the loss of Greg

Now way does Finley fetch us a 3rd. Hes got the most drops in the league and Rodgers hardly throws it his way anymore. He still is a mismatch for defenses but that alone won't get a 3rd.

Love Rambo

Center is a must got pick with Mario

I don't like your theory of one will emerge...

Stay away from Robinson. Can't throw and makes horrible decisions. The role you want him to fill is already taken by Cobb which is 10 times better. Our WR MUST be able to run crisp routes which I don't ever see Robinson doing.
blankman0021

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too bad of a Mock. I can't speak on the prospects much yet, but I'd say that they trades look good on paper but will never happen in real life.

At this point Jennings might be writing his way to a hometown discount deal with GB. Who wants a 30 year old WR who missed 3 games a year ago, and has missed the majority of the season so far (and who is still a few weeks out from playing again). If that doesn't warrent a short-term prove it deal from the pack I'm not sure that anybody bites on the tag and trade. This is a game of what have you done for me lately, and Greg hasn't been carrying the team on his back lately.

The Finley situation is an interesting one. And I could see him being traded still...but it's hard to give up on the guy. He has SO MUCH talent if he could just put it all together. I for one just think he needs a few more targets a game, just like the running game needs a few more carries. So what if he drops 1, if he catches the other 5 he still have 50+ yards. And to be honest, Nelson has more drops this year than Finley. I don't see ATL swinging that deal though, they're in a better position to draft a TE at the end of rd1.

Lattimore is good in theory. But is he going to come back the same back? Better question yet...how healthy will he be when he comes to the NFL and takes bigger hits than he does not. Something doesnt add up with him, even though he had amazing upside. Feel bad for the kid.

Te'o makes Bishop's contract pretty pointless. Like the kid, but I don't think we'll have the firepower to move up to draft him, and don't think he'll be there in the 20s barring a really bad combine. Plus, we are 2 deep at MLB right now with Bishop and Smith. It'll be hard to add another into that Mix when we've already paid Hawk and Bishop. Both have performed when healthy.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This mock turns our offense from great to average real quick. Better hope those two skill position picks catch on quick or you have an offense of Nelson, Jones, Cobb, Boykin, DJ Williams and Alex Green. Not a fan.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
This mock turns our offense from great to average real quick. Better hope those two skill position picks catch on quick or you have an offense of Nelson, Jones, Cobb, Boykin, DJ Williams and Alex Green. Not a fan.

which is what we have at the moment.

except

Hopkins/Fauria/Marshall/Lattimore > Finley
blankman0021

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fattlipp wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:

which is what we have at the moment.

except

Hopkins/Fauria/Marshall/Lattimore > Finley

Yes, but Jennings > Hopkins, Finley > Fauria, and only one of Marshall/Lattimore will probably be in at a time. Id rather keep Jennings and Finley and draft a higher round RB.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
spilltray

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Finley is tradeable with his contract. 1 year and a VERY high number for a TE who hasn't lived up to that kind of pay is something no team wants to take on.

Not really a fan of T'eo, especially if he does fall because of lack of speed. He wouldn't supplant either Hawk or Bishop. I also don't think there is ANY chance he could play "all 4" LB positions. He's not an edge rusher at all. He could play all 3 in most 4-3 schemes, but in a 3-4 he is an ILB only.

I like Hopkins. I think he could be a solid WR for GB.

I'm lukewarm on Fauria. I've only seen 2-3 UCLA games and think he's a ways off. late 3/4 I'd like him alot better than 2nd round.

McCullers is 6'8". He might be 360 but I don't really see him as a NT prospect. DE, sure but I don't think he can get low enough to be that sort of anchor in the middle.

The tale on Rambo will be in the interviews. I have a feeling either some team loves him and drafts him higher or he slides even farther. No way to really know which way that's going to go until draft day.

Benavides is a decent C prospect for this slot. I don't see a ton of upside, but he should at least be an OK C.

Not really a fan of Lattimore, especially coming off that injury. I guess if he clears medical its an OK value at that point, I just don't have high hopes.

Not a fan of the "throw a bunch of crap at the wall and hope something sticks" method here. I also generally don't like RBs who are committee RBs at the college level. As a late prospect I like Marshall, just not in this scenario.

I haven't seen Hurst play at all this season so I'm going to withhold comment.

Hate Robinson as a NFL prospect. I think he'd be years off as a WR/RB and don't think he has near the arm skills (not strength) to be any sort of NFL QB. Also the only way QBs can even HOPE to transition to other positions is if they embrace it. I don't know that you could convince Robinson that he's just not going to be a QB.

Overall I get the concept just not a fan of all of them
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

denard will get drafted in the 3rd or earlier. someone's gonna be intrigued and have an itchy trigger finger. happens all the time with these types of players.

El Ramster on the amazing work
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
Not a fan of the "throw a bunch of crap at the wall and hope something sticks" method here.

It's gotta beat the "throw a little bit of crap at the wall and hope something sticks" method we seem to be using. If you want crap to stick you most likely NEED to throw a lot of it. We've only invested a 3rd and a 6th in the last five years on RBs. The chances of you hitting on a good RB with that little investment is slim. IF the front office really thinks we need to get a legit RB (I honestly don't think they do) then they either need to invest higher picks or more picks to increase that likelihood. Since its's unlilely they will invest earlier picks the "throw a bunch of crap at the wall and hope something sticks" method is a legit option.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
Terranimal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well lattimore is a non option. he will be out for at least a year and most likely redshirt from the reports I've read....
justo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manti Te'o-Why are we trying to get a 3-4 ILB in the first round when we have two solid starters already...
Hopkins-I don't really see Hopkins as a fit in Green Bay. More of a Chargers vertical guy.
Fauria-Me gusta. Seen a lot of this guy out here and he makes Brett Hundley's life a lot easier.
McCullers-Reminds me a lot of Poe last year. Not in the good way.
Rambo-Me gusta.
Benavides-I'm not even sure this dude gets drafted to be honest. Why we cutting Saturday? Safety net if nothing else for EDS.
Lattimore-No comment. I don't think he's going to go pro but if I'm him I touch bread before I get called "the best that never was"
Marshall-Had him in my last mock. Me gusta.
Hurst-Haven't seen him play TBH.
Robinson-Someone is going to take him as a slot WR way too early. You ever heard of Armanti Edwards?
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: