Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OG Larry Warford [Kentucky]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: OG Larry Warford [Kentucky] Reply with quote

In what appears to be an elite OG class [Warmack, Jones, Cooper] where does Warford fit into the picture?

What is his value?

Who does he compare to in the NFL?

Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late 2nd-early 3rd rounder IMO…reminds me of a shorter Louis Vasquez type…very powerful at the POA and can bully people in the run game…underrated pass pro skills as well…would be all for seeing him as a Bear…only thing I would say is I think he would be even better 10-15lbs lighter.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think's he's underated and is a borderline 1st rounder. Should go early 2nd.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I've been watching a lot of tape on this guy. Can someone tell me the stark differences between Larry Warford and Chance Warmack as prospects, other than one plays for a College team who just won a second straight National Championship and the other lined up for Kentucky? Both can move the furniture, both are solid in pass-pro, both can get to the second level and lay linebackers out in the run game. I think Warford is being undersold here...
DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
So, I've been watching a lot of tape on this guy. Can someone tell me the stark differences between Larry Warford and Chance Warmack as prospects, other than one plays for a College team who just won a second straight National Championship and the other lined up for Kentucky? Both can move the furniture, both are solid in pass-pro, both can get to the second level and lay linebackers out in the run game. I think Warford is being undersold here...
Chance is a much better athlete. Better long speed and better in space. He's also dominated the best of the best.
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:

This. Larry's a much better value in the second than Chance in the first. Ultimately i believe the depth of this class will cause the guys in the first to slide later than they should go kinda like DeCastro did. Whoever gets Warford is getting a mauler though.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
Chance is a much better athlete. Better long speed and better in space. He's also dominated the best of the best.

Warford is rated as a borderline 2nd/3rd round prospect and Warmack is being talked up as a top 10 prospect. Warmack is the better prospect, but it's way closer than that and Warford is the value pick if he stays around that level once you factor in positional value. He's a three-time All SEC team selection, pretty impressive playing playing in a conference full of talented lineman and pass-rushers. This year he was voted as an All-American, rated at over 90% for his blocking assignments and didn't give up a single sack all year.
swolfdab

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry Warford is an absolute horse inside, he just isn't the athlete Chance Warmack is.

The thing that really separates the two is how light on his feet Warmack is as compared to Warford. Warmack, I think, carries his weight better than Warford does, and that allows for more of a versatile approach when talking next level effectiveness. Warford is going to be a very good value for somebody looking for a guard in the 2nd or 3rd round though.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swolfdab wrote:
Larry Warford is an absolute horse inside, he just isn't the athlete Chance Warmack is.

The thing that really separates the two is how light on his feet Warmack is as compared to Warford. Warmack, I think, carries his weight better than Warford does, and that allows for more of a versatile approach when talking next level effectiveness. Warford is going to be a very good value for somebody looking for a guard in the 2nd or 3rd round though.

This really is it. Warmack is a far better puller and is far better on the second level than Warford is. Though both are oxen at the POA in the running game.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
DaMike wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:

Warford is rated as a borderline 2nd/3rd round prospect and Warmack is being talked up as a top 10 prospect. Warmack is the better prospect, but it's way closer than that and Warford is the value pick if he stays around that level once you factor in positional value. He's a three-time All SEC team selection, pretty impressive playing playing in a conference full of talented lineman and pass-rushers. This year he was voted as an All-American, rated at over 90% for his blocking assignments and didn't give up a single sack all year.

Chance has a better head for the game right now - maybe altogether. Both have great aggression, Warmack is far more in touch with when it's appropriate to get extremely aggressive and when it's not. I'd say he also has superior balance than Warford does right now (and I'm a Warford fan). But Larry ends up on the ground a bit more than you'd like.

I don't think the Louis Vasquez comparison is quite right considering that Vasquez has next to no run-blocking technique coming into the league (he came out of Texas Tech's pure-spread offense that used screen passes and draws as a run game).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
swolfdab wrote:

This really is it. Warmack is a far better puller and is far better on the second level than Warford is. Though both are oxen at the POA in the running game.

Not disagreeing with the assessment, but Let's say Warmack goes top 15 and Warford goes at the end of the 2nd - who offers the better value?
DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
DaMike wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:

Yes Warford would be better value in your scenario but I doubt Warmack would go top 10.
swolfdab

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
Not disagreeing with the assessment, but Let's say Warmack goes top 15 and Warford goes at the end of the 2nd - who offers the better value?

Good question.

Warmack is still the better prospect, so unless somebody completely loses their mind and takes him in the top 5, I have to say Warmack is still the better value. Teams understand that one position interior lineman are nearly a dime a dozen in the league, so if you're not Steve Hutchinson, Mike Iupati, or Chance Warmack, (sure-fire pro-bowl caliber players) you just don't take one in the top 20.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think Warford could play left guard? I personally do not see the feet for it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freakout wrote:
Do you think Warford could play left guard? I personally do not see the feet for it.

Those types of questions are hard to assess when the player has played one position his whole career. I personally think the transition wouldn't be much of a problem for him though. He is obviously more comfortable moving to his left, but who is to say he can't move to his right just as well? The transition between guard spots is a less complicated one than a switch between tackle spots. Or a switch from guard to tackle.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: