Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Team needs week 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Team needs week 9 Reply with quote

Not sure we even need this thread, MODS feel free to lock it up. But for arguments sake I'll start it.

1. GM - Competent and understands the value of a QB please
2. HG - Competent
3. OC - Competent, maybe even a little unpredictable
4. DC - Attack...period. Remember the Titans...YOU BLITZ ALL NIGHT
5. Would this list be complete without....QB

6. Heart for everyone.
7. Cut Daniels, add some depth on the Oline.
8. Did I mention competence?
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After Pioli cuz he brought everyone here, I don't know weather to rank HC or QB 2nd...

1.GM

While Romeo is easily the worst HC in the league, Cassel is also the worst starting QB in the league. While Romeo is terribad at just about everything, he's not really to blame for THIS MANY TO's, is he? If we simply turn the ball over like an average team, then we compete and probly win some of these games, but I have no idea which ones or how many. If we have an average coach, but still turn the ball over like this we likely win the Ravens game and that's it. Neither one alone could take a team with this many good players and make them an all-time stinker of a team, but together they have achieved the unthinkable.

2.QB
3.HC

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Chiefs93

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: after last nights mess Reply with quote

I say

1 GM
2 HC A good coach can get a bad qb going look at the 49ers
3 QB
4 OC
5 DC
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously there is more than one position we need to look at to improve this team. I believe there are some KC fans out there who believe this team is more than a HC/QB change away from being a legit contender....that those other positions must also be addressed before success.

My question to you is....The core of this team were contenders with Todd Haley as HC (who isn't the best) and clearly would've been the class of the division with better QB play, what's stopping this team from being contenders with a competent QB and a HC who puts his players in position to be successful? the OL? the DL with a change in scheme? the WR's outside Bowe suck? Belcher? Routt? Berry with a role change and another offseason?

Personnel/coaching wise, what is worse than the last two years? CB,HC,DC, and are we calling OC a wash? So if we can get the QB/HC in place (which I'm not confident we won't somehow screw it up with who we hire/fire) but if we do, even a coach of Haley's caliber, with a good rookie QB, I'm confident that will outweigh CB and bring back that winning attitude and fire that most of our key players have had these last two years. That's as the roster stands now....keeping Bowe/Albert will also be key.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Obviously there is more than one position we need to look at to improve this team. I believe there are some KC fans out there who believe this team is more than a HC/QB change away from being a legit contender....that those other positions must also be addressed before success.

My question to you is....The core of this team were contenders with Todd Haley as HC (who isn't the best) and clearly would've been the class of the division with better QB play, what's stopping this team from being contenders with a competent QB and a HC who puts his players in position to be successful? the OL? the DL with a change in scheme? the WR's outside Bowe suck? Belcher? Routt? Berry with a role change and another offseason?

Personnel/coaching wise, what is worse than the last two years? CB,HC,DC, and are we calling OC a wash? So if we can get the QB/HC in place (which I'm not confident we won't somehow screw it up with who we hire/fire) but if we do, even a coach of Haley's caliber, with a good rookie QB, I'm confident that will outweigh CB and bring back that winning attitude and fire that most of our key players have had these last two years. That's as the roster stands now....keeping Bowe/Albert will also be key.

see the bolded...

now read this please... NO - THEY WEREN'T CONTENDERS and NO THEY WOULDN'T BE THE CLASS OF THE DIVISION!! The whole thing was a fraud! Seriously dude..
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming you're being sarcastic, but I can't be sure.

Obviously they did contend for the division both years...that's fact not my opinion. Did it with the worst QB play from any team in the division. Even Tebow being limited as a passer brought more to the table to win games than any Chiefs QB but Orton. How would a good QB not have separated them from the other 3 teams these past two years?

If you were being serious, i'm guessing you meant they were not contenders beyond the division and you would be correct. Whatever side of the fence you're on, none of us can be completely sure one way or the other until we see a new QB with our offense/WR's and see our D in a new system.

Mikek163

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB
CB
ILB
TE
WR #2
OLINE
DLINE
SAFETY
HC
GM
OC
DC

Did I miss anything?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
QB
CB
ILB
TE
WR #2
OLINE
DLINE
SAFETY
HC
GM
OC
DC

Did I miss anything?

WR #1 because we're losing bowe right?

In all honesty I think we need to upgrade

QB
S
CB #2
G/C depth
TE

And perhaps a scheme change on defense. Pressuring the quarterback is key. Why not try an attacking 3-4? We couldn't be much worse then we are now.
simonwayne

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Team needs week 9 Reply with quote

1. HC - An experienced HC with a winning record. Who was the last HC we had success with that wasn't experienced and/or didn't have a winning record? Hank Stram in the 60's? Pioli fired Haley because we lacked "consistency" and now Crennel consistently has our team playing like ****. I see people suggest candidates for us that would be first time head coaches and shake my head. I don't want to waste time with a rookie HC having speed bumps anymore.

2. QB - No brainer in the 1st round for us this year.

3. OC - Our offense has been so terrible. Awful play calling, underutilizing our guys, etc..

4. GM - Two failed HC hires, and one failed QB project that has setback our franchise. A bad pick in Tyson Jackson (3rd overall...), so far a bad pick with Baldwin, a few other bad picks. Hasn't done that good in FA. You can't waste a lot of money on guys like Cassel and Tyson Jackson and then in FA go after no one significant with 26M in cap space.

5. DC - Will become a need as soon as we get a new HC.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Team needs week 9 Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
1. HC - An experienced HC with a winning record. Who was the last HC we had success with that wasn't experienced and/or didn't have a winning record? Hank Stram in the 60's? Pioli fired Haley because we lacked "consistency" and now Crennel consistently has our team playing like ****. I see people suggest candidates for us that would be first time head coaches and shake my head. I don't want to waste time with a rookie HC having speed bumps anymore.

2. QB - No brainer in the 1st round for us this year.

3. OC - Our offense has been so terrible. Awful play calling, underutilizing our guys, etc..

4. GM - Two failed HC hires, and one failed QB project that has setback our franchise. A bad pick in Tyson Jackson (3rd overall...), so far a bad pick with Baldwin, a few other bad picks. Hasn't done that good in FA. You can't waste a lot of money on guys like Cassel and Tyson Jackson and then in FA go after no one significant with 26M in cap space.

5. DC - Will become a need as soon as we get a new HC.

Aside from Coughlin, most of the coaches who have won a SB in the last decade were in their first HC spot.

We shouldn't be afraid of getting a rookie HC, we just need a good one. Also, there's probably a very small chance of us actually getting Cowher anyway, and Gruden and Billick are questionable in their "Success" IMO.

Andy Reid might be our best shot at getting a known commodity, at least a good one anyways.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
I'm assuming you're being sarcastic, but I can't be sure.

Obviously they did contend for the division both years...that's fact not my opinion. Did it with the worst QB play from any team in the division. Even Tebow being limited as a passer brought more to the table to win games than any Chiefs QB but Orton. How would a good QB not have separated them from the other 3 teams these past two years?

If you were being serious, i'm guessing you meant they were not contenders beyond the division and you would be correct. Whatever side of the fence you're on, none of us can be completely sure one way or the other until we see a new QB with our offense/WR's and see our D in a new system.

when I say "contenders" I'm speaking reference to a SB run, so yes I'm speaking beyond division titles. I don't think we were contenders - we were frauds and got exposed even before the Ravens playoff game (Oakland game to finish the season) and we weren't the class of the division. SD was easily the class of the division after a slow start.

This team was weak. Let's use scoring margin here to show team strength:

Chiefs:

Points for 366
Points against 326
Margin +40

Chargers:

Points for 441
Points against 319
Margin +122

and for reference we'll include Oakland:

Points for 410
Points against 371
Margin +39

SD was much stronger than both KC and Oak!

While I certainly agree the FO, Coaching Staff, and QB are the worst of the problems - they wont fix everything wrong here. We are not some contender mix that just needs to add water and poof - dominant team - and we weren't as good as our records were in 2010 or even the 7-9 in 2011.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do realize I said we would've been the class of the division WITH a good QB? Obviously with said QB, our margins go up quite a bit depending on the QB. We all know how much offense Cassel left on the field.

In response to your last paragraph about just adding water and "poof"...like I said earlier, we just don't know either way until we see the D in a new scheme and a new QB with these WR's. I would obviously lean more towards the positive side...since those two things can make a substantial difference (3 with a decent HC). If you change those 3 things in a positive manner and that just gets us back to a 7-10 win type team, that would be really hard to swallow.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: