Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 9 Other Games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
samgurl775


Joined: 09 Oct 2009
Posts: 11414
Location: Lake Tahoe, NV
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaZX6R wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Really wish the Chiefs would fire Crennel so he can come back to New England
Me too!
I think we'd all be on board for this to happen.
_________________

Troy Brown wrote:
But thing is, you're like half-girl. You like sports and seemingly think logically.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 45456
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaZX6R wrote:
Wow.....


Todd Blackledge is the last drafted QB (by the Chiefs) to win a game for the Chiefs.........
Yup. The Chiefs have never, in their entire 50+ year history, drafted a successful QB.
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 45456
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich Ohrnberger starting for the Cardinals.

My condolences to Cardinals fans.

also, wistfully watching Randall Cobb do serious work. This kid would look so good in a Pats uni.
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 22304
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boring group of 1 PM games today. Miami/Indianapolis might be the most interesting matchup
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NextBigThing


Joined: 26 Oct 2009
Posts: 20447
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green and Thomas on the same field is fun to watch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 45456
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bills once again giving up 6 YPC on the ground.

They could easily end up as the worst run defense of the modern era.
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 22304
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Bills once again giving up 6 YPC on the ground.

They could easily end up as the worst run defense of the modern era.


There's really no excuse for being that bad, given some of the players they have.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 22304
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tennessee is just dreadful.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 45456
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Bills once again giving up 6 YPC on the ground.

They could easily end up as the worst run defense of the modern era.


There's really no excuse for being that bad, given some of the players they have.
Dave Wannstedt is a pretty good excuse.
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
homerjay24


Joined: 05 Dec 2007
Posts: 1062
Location: Fitchburg, MA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chicago has a rushing TD, passing TD, blocked punt for TD, and an INT for a TD all in the 1st quarter.

28 points on 54 total yards. Laughing
_________________
2012 Adopt-A-Patriot: Wes Welker
WES WELKER IS OBSOLETE IN THIS OFFENSE
Stats:
Rec: 100 (3rd in NFL)
Yds: 1,172 (9th in NFL)
TDs: 4
Stickin' it in Bill's face one game at a time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 22304
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Bills once again giving up 6 YPC on the ground.

They could easily end up as the worst run defense of the modern era.


There's really no excuse for being that bad, given some of the players they have.
Dave Wannstedt is a pretty good excuse.


Wannstedt isn't terrible as a DC, probably middle of the road.

Their bigger problem is how bad their LB's are. They seemed to have bought into the idea that LB's don't really matter much in a 4-3 - or that you can get by with mediocre-to-bad LB's if you have top DL.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 45456
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randall Cobb is an outstanding football player. As I've said elsewhere, he deserves to be in the same conversation as Percy Harvin.
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 45456
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Bills once again giving up 6 YPC on the ground.

They could easily end up as the worst run defense of the modern era.


There's really no excuse for being that bad, given some of the players they have.
Dave Wannstedt is a pretty good excuse.


Wannstedt isn't terrible as a DC, probably middle of the road.

Their bigger problem is how bad their LB's are. They seemed to have bought into the idea that LB's don't really matter much in a 4-3 - or that you can get by with mediocre-to-bad LB's if you have top DL.
From what I've seen, Wannstedt's scheme seems predicated on bringing their linemen upfield on practically every down. Given how often they find themselves in nickel and dime packages, that's practically asking to get gouged.
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
24isthelaw


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 7559
Location: Where the Patriots are
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Randall Cobb is an outstanding football player. As I've said elsewhere, he deserves to be in the same conversation as Percy Harvin.



The Cardinals are absolutely begging GB to run the ball. No down linemen on 3rd and 1?
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 22304
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Bills once again giving up 6 YPC on the ground.

They could easily end up as the worst run defense of the modern era.


There's really no excuse for being that bad, given some of the players they have.
Dave Wannstedt is a pretty good excuse.


Wannstedt isn't terrible as a DC, probably middle of the road.

Their bigger problem is how bad their LB's are. They seemed to have bought into the idea that LB's don't really matter much in a 4-3 - or that you can get by with mediocre-to-bad LB's if you have top DL.
From what I've seen, Wannstedt's scheme seems completely predicated on bringing their linemen upfield on practically every down. Given how often they find themselves in nickel and dime packages, that's practically asking to get gouged.


I think you hit the nail on the head there. A lot of the Bills' run defense issues is a result of them running so much nickel and dime and getting shredded when teams run against those personnel groupings.

It could be that the game has passed Wannstedt by a bit and he can't adjust to the new spread schemes. I think it's probably more personnel based though. They really need a guy like Mayo who is a strong run defender but also able to stay on the field in nickel/dime.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group