Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tebow To Be Traded
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mile High

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Tebow To Be Traded Reply with quote

ESPN is reporting that Tebow will be traded at the end of the season.

Just a short year ago we traded: Our 7th and Tebow for the Jets 4th and 6th round picks.

There is no doubt that Tebow's value has gone down considerably. I think we could easily get him for a late 6th or late 7th round pick.

The realistic answer is that because Elway seems to dislike Tebow and because of that there is absolutely no way we bring him back.

Plus once Manning retires Elway might not want the pressure from Tebow on Osweiler stunting his growth and potentially ruining his future.

With that said. I would still take Tebow back. At the least McCoy is the only OC who has proven any ability to work with Tebow. We could get Tebow in the game on ways that the Jets never could. I also am unsure about Osweiler and think that Tebow sitting behind Manning could do wonders.

All just thoughts...

Jamison. mad props on this amazing Sig!!!
broncos67

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely not. What would the purpose of having him even be? We run an actual offense now, not a Tebow offense. I like Tebow, but it's just not happening. It's not worth it. They have Brock as the QBOTF.

Thanks, Tzimisce
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God no keep him far away from Denver as possible.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What those guys said. One thing that wouldn't surprise me is this; if Mike McCoy gets as many HC interviews as he did last year, he will probably get a job this year. He has shown the ability to call plays to win games with 3 completely different QB's.

If he were to go to a team with a bad QB, paired with the fact that there isn't a lot of talent at the QB position in this draft, I could see him asking his new front office to offer a low pick for Tebow. But who knows, maybe McCoy doesn't want to be tied to him either.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tebow to Jacksonville for a 7th rounder is the only deal I could see.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't trade a bag of chips for him. If he's a free agent then offer him a year on minimum wage and let him fight Hanie for the 3rd string job.
Cutler06

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see trading a conditional pick (on how many pass attempts he makes)....if and only if he agrees to a position change...still think he'd be a very good H-back/FB type.

Also, HAVE to leave the circus in NY...where it belongs...

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elway isn't even going to entertain the idea of bringing him back. The circus left town and we have three real QBs now.

Elway even said, "There are Broncos fans and there are Tebow fans and my responsibility is to the Broncos fans."

The fact that I have to explain this to other Broncos fans demonstrates why Tebow will not be coming back here.

The only possible place for Tebow to go is to Jacksonville and that would be only to sell tickets. Shalid Kahn wanted him last year precisely for that reason but the football professionals on his coaching staff and in his front office talked him out of it. If they are able to do it again, Tebow might be out of the NFL entirely.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
Mile High

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really surprised by all of your responses. Tebow took a 1-4 Bronco team, and was 7-4 as a starter and won a playoff game. He had success here.

We are good now because of Manning. Its crazy how quickly everyone forgets. Just 2 years ago we were a 4 win team. Last year we won 7 games BECAUSE OF TEBOW whether he was a gimmick or not doesn't change the facts.

I know we all want Peyton to be our QB forever. But when he leaves we need to face the facts. There are only 3 or 4 Peytons in the world. Odds are we don't get one. So I'll take the unconventional guy who wins.

AAA I know that Elway doesn't like him and that that is main reason why odds are this will never happen (I addressed that in my initial post)

I just wanted to see the reactions of evryone.

Jamison. mad props on this amazing Sig!!!
AKRNA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mile High wrote:
I'm really surprised by all of your responses. Tebow took a 1-4 Bronco team, and was 7-4 as a starter and won a playoff game. He had success here.

We are good now because of Manning. Its crazy how quickly everyone forgets. Just 2 years ago we were a 4 win team. Last year we won 7 games BECAUSE OF TEBOW whether he was a gimmick or not doesn't change the facts.

I know we all want Peyton to be our QB forever. But when he leaves we need to face the facts. There are only 3 or 4 Peytons in the world. Odds are we don't get one. So I'll take the unconventional guy who wins.

AAA I know that Elway doesn't like him and that that is main reason why odds are this will never happen (I addressed that in my initial post)

I just wanted to see the reactions of evryone.

As to the bolded MH thats where the disagreement comes in. The "he just wins" didn't really affect the Pats last year did it?

I know quite a few fans who'd say we won in spite of him.

Anyway, thats all old news. The circus has left town, hopefully never to return.
MileHighNuck

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to have him back, however I would prefer he go somewhere he could play. Manning isn't gonna be around much longer, but long enough to cut into Tebows physical prime.

Don't understand the hate, guy busted his butt for this team. Tebow never complained, gave all his praise to his teammates + coaches. The captains really liked him, never seen Champ so amped on the sidelines as he was watching TT do his thing. Was never put in a great position, but did his best. Can't hate on the guy for that.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one hates him, his circus of followers however yes.

The idea that Denver "did" Tebow wrong is humorous. God forbid we actually go out and improve by far our worst position. Only time Tebow will ever be back in Denver is to call in plays to whomever he backs up he's not going to be back on this team ever. Period. And frankly he doesn't deserve to be.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MileHighNuck wrote:
I would love to have him back, however I would prefer he go somewhere he could play. Manning isn't gonna be around much longer, but long enough to cut into Tebows physical prime.

Don't understand the hate, guy busted his butt for this team. Tebow never complained, gave all his praise to his teammates + coaches. The captains really liked him, never seen Champ so amped on the sidelines as he was watching TT do his thing. Was never put in a great position, but did his best. Can't hate on the guy for that.

Quote:
When you have expectations to do things that are great, and then you do it, it feels real. Last year, nobody expected us to do anything. And then we started 1-4; we had a quarterback who had limited throwing ability, unconventional offense, whatever it may be. . . . But now you’ve got a great quarterback that’s done a lot of things in this league. It just feels good.”
- Champ Bailey

You can read the rest of the article on:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/14/champ-bailey-it-feels-good-to-have-a-great-quarterback-in-denver/

Yeah Champ loved Tebow!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doom92 wrote:
MileHighNuck wrote:

Quote:
When you have expectations to do things that are great, and then you do it, it feels real. Last year, nobody expected us to do anything. And then we started 1-4; we had a quarterback who had limited throwing ability, unconventional offense, whatever it may be. . . . But now you’ve got a great quarterback that’s done a lot of things in this league. It just feels good.”
- Champ Bailey

You can read the rest of the article on:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/14/champ-bailey-it-feels-good-to-have-a-great-quarterback-in-denver/

Yeah Champ loved Tebow!

.........was that supposed to prove otherwise?? All he said was the expectations were low last year, usually a product of a terrible year prior and a poor start. When you have PM, yea you're expected to win. Reading too much into stuff and graspin at straws if you think otherwise.
copeland

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is reasonably true to say that Tebow, with all his intangibles given full respect, quite simply doesn't have the skills to make it in the NFL as a long term QB. I know there are people out there that think that is Blasphemy, especially after the 2011 season. Depending on your perspective(he won the games for us, or we won in spite of him), determines your opinion.
if you take away the fandom, the hoopla(sp), the soft spot a guy has for him because of the 2011 season, or even just the fact he was a Bronco, and break down the player for what he is, there is no way you bring him back to Denver. Simple as that, IMO.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: