Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I was wrong thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
jonnyj20 wrote:
I wanted us to trade the farm to go up and get Alan Branch. I also was in love w/ Taylor Mays. But I think the biggest "I was wrong" was that I wanted us to draft Chris Williams over Ryan Clady Brick wall
I partially blame UK for that one.

Yeh UK loved his Vanderbilt Alumni didn't he? I remember him loving Earl Bennett too. Who was the guy around here that used to used exclamation marks for everything? He tried to convince UK that Devin Thomas was going to be an an elite WR ...

Oh yeah... The guy wrote everything in bold or CAPS cause "he had bad eye sight". Well it's probably true that he had bad eye sight if he thought Devin Thomas would be an all-pro. I remember arguing with him over that one many times.

jonnyj20 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Really doubt Alex Smith would get KC to 2nd place.

Alex Smith + Andy Reid + better health = KC 2nd in our division.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:
jonnyj20 wrote:
I wanted us to trade the farm to go up and get Alan Branch. I also was in love w/ Taylor Mays. But I think the biggest "I was wrong" was that I wanted us to draft Chris Williams over Ryan Clady Brick wall

Yeh UK loved his Vanderbilt Alumni didn't he? I remember him loving Earl Bennett too. Who was the guy around here that used to used exclamation marks for everything? He tried to convince UK that Devin Thomas was going to be an an elite WR ...
I know who your talking about, can't remember the name Laughing

Surprised no one has admitted they were wrong about Tebow, of course the ones that were wrong left though.

I hated Von Miller at first, not because of the pick or drafting him but because he was a dirty player but that's passed over with time.

Dirty player?

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
by Joe_is_the_best
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:
jonnyj20 wrote:

Surprised no one has admitted they were wrong about Tebow, of course the ones that were wrong left though.

I hated Von Miller at first, not because of the pick or drafting him but because he was a dirty player but that's passed over with time.

Dirty player?
He broke Colorado's Rodney Stewart's leg with a dirty tackle and posted the picture of it as his twitter background. It was pretty classless but he grew up and matured since then.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:
jonnyj20 wrote:

Dirty player?

Maybe he is thinking of Nick Fairley? He was certainly a dirty player. Don't remember anything about Von being dirty.

jonnyj20 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Really doubt Alex Smith would get KC to 2nd place.

Alex Smith + Andy Reid + better health = KC 2nd in our division.
PGeorge2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I was wrong once... Turns out I was mistaken..

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
PredomntlyOrnge

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was dead wrong on Brandon Stokley/Andre Caldwell. I thought Stokely would strictly be in training camp to help bring along the young guys and transition for Manning. I thought Caldwell would be a deep threat and have about 500 yards/5 touchdowns.

Slightly different as far as being wrong, but I was really worried when we cut Paxton and went with Brewer as long snapper. Havent even heard his name, which pretty much means he is totally getting the job done.
hibdib31

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PGeorge2 wrote:
I thought I was wrong once... Turns out I was mistaken..

Stay thirsty, my friend.

Joe_is_the_best

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Knowshon would have a good year.

I predicted half a season of rust for Peyton, turns out all he needed was 5 quarters.

I didn't make too many predictions. I guess that was a mistake too Laughing
broncos67

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrong on Moreno and McDaniels especially. I was huge fans of theirs...obviously that was ill-founded...Oh year, Ayers too. And I said i didn't think Stokes would make the team and it would be Jason Hill of all people to make it over him.

Oh how wrong one can be.

Thanks, Tzimisce
b_rent87

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a dream two weeks before the draft we would select Von I also wanted Dareus.

I still don't like Rahim Moore.

I also liked Knowshow, being a UGA fan.

Props to Jamison on the sig
Winder23

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:
jonnyj20 wrote:

Oh yeah... The guy wrote everything in bold or CAPS cause "he had bad eye sight". Well it's probably true that he had bad eye sight if he thought Devin Thomas would be an all-pro. I remember arguing with him over that one many times.
I wanna say his name was BroncosfanSD or something like that. He and UK and Lomax used to get into some good arguments. I do remember him being all over Devin Thomas.

I was wrong about McDaniles, Robert Ayers, Darcel McBath, Von Miller, Kyle Orton and that bum - Quinn Embarassed . That is just to name a few.
mke1010

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I was wrong on Moreno. I thought he would have a solid year and bounce back strong.
2. I was wrong on Unrein. I thought he was a below average player> He has proven to be a solid rotational player on a good Dline.
3. I was wrong on Bunkley. Was upset when we let him go. Turned out to be a great move by the front office.

Great thread btw.
PackAtBroncos07

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wrong about Tebow. His throwing motion and accuracy will just not work in this league.

I was wrong about Moreno. Can't believe he a diva RB.

I was wrong about Urein. Who? I never talked about him but I thought he would blow from day one. Yet I see glimpses of him holding his own out there.

And you guys are thinking of Broncosfand again.
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't like Knowshon at all but since we drafted him, I hoped on that bandwagon thinking he would be great, nope! I really believed Mayock's words about Ayers, I was wrong there. I remember I thought J. Thomas might put up huge numbers his rookie year, still waiting..haha I didn't like DT when we drafted him, that has changed a lot. I wanted us to get Rivers really badly. The worst was thinking McDaniels would be great.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
germ-x

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been wrong tons. Back when i first started posting i was way too optimistic and basically defended what i wanted to happen as opposed to actually doing any kind of evaluation.

Here are some of those misses....

- The entire 2009 class. It's funny thinking back because i honestly thought that all of them were going to be good or useful in some way. Just to name a few. I thought Moreno was going to be a good player for a long time, not a star, but a well rounded RB capable of rushing for 1,000 yards and being impactful in the receiving game. I thought Robert Ayers could be an elite OLB or DE. I was on board with the Alphonso Smith trade. I thought he was going to be an elite nickel CB with terrific ball skills. I also thought Darcel McBath would turn into a ball hawking FS. Oh, i also loved Tom Brandstater.

- I would say i have been wrong about Chris Harris. Not that i thought he was trash, but i thought he was just an average player that played smart, couldn't line up on the outside, and would be a player Denver would always be looking to replace. He has shown he can hold up on the outside, while also being terrific in the nickel.

- I wouldn't say i have been completely wrong on Moore, but in his sophomore year he has been a good safety, i thought he would only be mediocre. Hopefully that doesn't still happen.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: