Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I was wrong thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More often than not I've been right. I didn't think the world would end today. I said it was a mistake to hire Mac. I said Kyle Orton was a mental midget who would fold under pressure. I said Elway could run a NFL franchise and wasn't just going to be a figure-head. I said Xanders was only yes-man who had no business in a NFL front office. I said that a fierce pass rush and an elite QB are the keys to success in the model NFL. And look I was right.

That said, I've been wrong on a few occasions and I'm the first to admit as such. The (rare) occasions on which I've been wrong include:

-Thinking it was a mistake to draft Von over Dareus in 2011.

-Thinking Matt Russell, who came here from New England to be another yes-man for Mac, could be a competent front office talent evaluator. Awful as he was under Mac and good as he's been under Elway still leave me guessing; did Mac make him look bad or is Elway making him look good? But he's not part of a team that is screwing up anymore so whatever credit he gets I guess he deserves. I still don't think he is any better than any other average DPP we could hire. But he's not the total incompetent that I said he was so I guess I was wrong.

-Thinking that Tim Tebow could find a way to carve out a niche in the NFL and make positive, long-term contributions to a team.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
elliot878

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wrong about Moreno???? Or he's proving me wrong the last few weeks...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
1234567 wrote:
brassglobos wrote:

YTBD, Tim Tebow. I think the dude has earned a shot to start, at least for 8-10 games. Sad to say that may never happen.

I think he will, just not at QB. Here is my prediction for TT. After the Jets dump/trade him, Tim Tebow will eventually end up a New England Patriot. He's the perfect Bill Belichick type of player, and with Tom Brady, there is no quarterback controversy to have to deal with. They will convert him into some type of hybrid RB/TE/Wildcat jack-of-all-trades player. And it will be successful because Belichick ALWAYS finds a way to maximize his players. He'll turn Tebow into a diverse, legitimate weapon, and then everyone will talk about what a genius BB is, and "why didn't anyone else think of that before?" Mad

I'm not so sure about that. He'd essentially be taking touches from Gronk/Hernandez. I don't see that happening.

We have 6 TEs signed do we really need another?
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
-Thinking that Tim Tebow could find a way to carve out a niche in the NFL and make positive, long-term contributions to a team.

I wouldnt eat crow on this yet. I'd wait to see him on a team that isnt the jets that want him.
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
elliot878

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

I wouldnt eat crow on this yet. I'd wait to see him on a team that isnt the jets that want him.

Before that can happen the guy needs to drop the "I'm a quarterback, my dream since I was a kid was to be an NFL QB." Unfortunately for him, he's not capable of that. He would be a good weapon as a H-Back maybe 8-10 touches a game. Until he realizes and accepts that that is how he can best help his future NFL teams, he wont be a success in this league.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: