Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I was wrong thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:
I think a lot people were wrong about John Fox just favouring veterans. Just look at the playing time he has given to our young players from both of his and Elway's draft classes. Nobody can deny that with the Denver Broncos, the best players play and that is a testament to our Head Coach who has no ego whatsoever.
To me there is an argument for this. I still think he shows some favoritism however, there are obvious times where he had no choice because A) The veteran there was putrid and to start him would be asinine or B) The Vet was injured.

Remember now, the only reason Wolfe has started is because of injuries.

To whom? Jason Hunter was splitting time with the 1's with Wolfe in Training Camp, so there is no way of knowing who Fox would have chosen to start.

Which young player has Fox not played because he favoured a worse player that is a veteran?

MUFC OK
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:
I think a lot people were wrong about John Fox just favouring veterans. Just look at the playing time he has given to our young players from both of his and Elway's draft classes. Nobody can deny that with the Denver Broncos, the best players play and that is a testament to our Head Coach who has no ego whatsoever.
To me there is an argument for this. I still think he shows some favoritism however, there are obvious times where he had no choice because A) The veteran there was putrid and to start him would be asinine or B) The Vet was injured.

Remember now, the only reason Wolfe has started is because of injuries.

To whom? Jason Hunter was splitting time with the 1's with Wolfe in Training Camp, so there is no way of knowing who Fox would have chosen to start.

Which young player has Fox not played because he favoured a worse player that is a veteran?
Nate Irving > Joe Mays
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
Nate Irving > Joe Mays

Reports are that Irving struggled picking up the playbook, which never helps as a MLB. We moved him to SLB because he couldn't beat Mays out in Training Camp.

The fact Danny Trevathan has seen a lot of snaps in our Nickel shows that Fox isn't shy in playing young LB's that are ready to play.

MUFC OK
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
Nate Irving > Joe Mays

Reports are that Irving struggled picking up the playbook, which never helps as a MLB. We moved him to SLB because he couldn't beat Mays out in Training Camp.

The fact Danny Trevathan has seen a lot of snaps in our Nickel shows that Fox isn't shy in playing young LB's that are ready to play.
Something in the back of mind has been if he or Woodyard could add mass and play MLB and the other just stays at WLB but that goes against both player's strengths. If that were to happen though, Trevathan would probably be the one to do it. He's better against the run.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
Nate Irving > Joe Mays

Something in the back of mind has been if he or Woodyard could add mass and play MLB and the other just stays at WLB but that goes against both player's strengths. If that were to happen though, Trevathan would probably be the one to do it. He's better against the run.

Trevathan tackles anyone: the running back, the running back coming out of the backfield, the tight end, the wide receiver, the quarterback, the guy running the nacho cart, your mom. He is a tackling machine.
brassglobos

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow I was wrong about Jay Cutler. I got into many heated debates defending him. At this point, I've accepted the fact that "he is who he is." I still think he can lead a team to a SB. My fault is that I was at Vandy while he was the QB. Probably a little too much koolaid.

Arrow I was wrong about Von. Like most, I wanted Marcel. I was suspicious that he would turn out like Gholston. Needless to say, my suspicions were smashed.

Arrow I was wrong about Chad Jackson. I thought he would have been awesome with Cutler.

Arrow I was wrong about Darcel McBath.

YTBD, Tim Tebow. I think the dude has earned a shot to start, at least for 8-10 games. Sad to say that may never happen.
On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 5:15 pm, simonwayne wrote:
Chiefs are taking this division. Mark my words fellas

On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 2:57 pm, simonwayne wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised to see KC 2-0 Denver this year
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW Darcel McBath currently plays for San Fran. He could of been a good player for us just injuries really hindered his playing time and experience.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow I wanted Marcel over Miller.

Arrow I didn't think Mcgahee was worth bringing in.

Arrow Was ready to write Raheem Moore off.

Arrow Had COMPLETELY written Knowshon off. This one is still in "maybe" territory for me. He's had a good stretch of games; now lets see if he can stay healthy.

Arrow Most important one of all. I was completely, totally, abysmally wrong about John Elway going after Peyton Manning. I had serious doubts about the move, but look where we're at now. I still think Elway made a total - out of himself with the way he refused to support Tebow during our miracle run last year. That was just asinine. But PFM and Von Miller might be the best two individual moves we've made since Shanny drafted Terrell Davis.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An I was wrong thread? Such humility in this forum.
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was all for Dareus, and obviously I love Von, so I'm glad I was wrong there.

I thought Knowshon was going to be phenomenal...eh.

Thanks, Tzimisce

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brassglobos wrote:

YTBD, Tim Tebow. I think the dude has earned a shot to start, at least for 8-10 games. Sad to say that may never happen.

I think he will, just not at QB. Here is my prediction for TT. After the Jets dump/trade him, Tim Tebow will eventually end up a New England Patriot. He's the perfect Bill Belichick type of player, and with Tom Brady, there is no quarterback controversy to have to deal with. They will convert him into some type of hybrid RB/TE/Wildcat jack-of-all-trades player. And it will be successful because Belichick ALWAYS finds a way to maximize his players. He'll turn Tebow into a diverse, legitimate weapon, and then everyone will talk about what a genius BB is, and "why didn't anyone else think of that before?" Mad

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1234567 wrote:
brassglobos wrote:

I think he will, just not at QB. Here is my prediction for TT. After the Jets dump/trade him, Tim Tebow will eventually end up a New England Patriot. He's the perfect Bill Belichick type of player, and with Tom Brady, there is no quarterback controversy to have to deal with. They will convert him into some type of hybrid RB/TE/Wildcat jack-of-all-trades player. And it will be successful because Belichick ALWAYS finds a way to maximize his players. He'll turn Tebow into a diverse, legitimate weapon, and then everyone will talk about what a genius BB is, and "why didn't anyone else think of that before?" Mad

I'm not so sure about that. He'd essentially be taking touches from Gronk/Hernandez. I don't see that happening.

Thanks, Tzimisce
brassglobos

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1234567 wrote:
brassglobos wrote:

TT still wants to play QB. The only way that happens is if nobody wants him as a QB. Plenty of teams wouldn't mind him as the role that you just described.
On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 5:15 pm, simonwayne wrote:
Chiefs are taking this division. Mark my words fellas

On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 2:57 pm, simonwayne wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised to see KC 2-0 Denver this year

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
1234567 wrote:
brassglobos wrote:

I'm not so sure about that. He'd essentially be taking touches from Gronk/Hernandez. I don't see that happening.

I'm not suggesting they're gonna turn him into a straight up tight end, I'm saying they will make him some type of all around hybrid. Even if you take the TE type role completely out of it, there are still several ways to use a guy like Tebow, and BB and company will totally figure them out.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brassglobos wrote:
1234567 wrote:
brassglobos wrote:

TT still wants to play QB. The only way that happens is if nobody wants him as a QB. Plenty of teams wouldn't mind him as the role that you just described.

That's just it though. No one does want him as a QB. Maybe Jacksonville? I think he'll get one more opportunity to be a quarterback somewhere, but if that doesn't work out, he's gonna have to change. When that day happens, I really do think he ends up doing it for the Pats.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: