Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bucs trade CB Aqib Talib and 7th round pick to Pats for 4th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TomRalph

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Well, Marion was before my time, too, but evidently he was the best safety to play for the team until Lawyer Milloy.

Who? Just kidding

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola
rabbisson

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Well, Marion was before my time, too, but evidently he was the best safety to play for the team until Lawyer Milloy.

Who? Just kidding

Awesome safety who played a key role on the team for seven years, including the 2001 and 2003 Super Bowls.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

Who? Just kidding

Awesome safety who played a key role on the team for seven years, including the 2001 and 2003 Super Bowls.

Milloy was cut before opening day in 2003, resulting in Antwan Harris getting abused by the Bills and Tom Jackson crying that Belichick had lost the team.
tonyto3690

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

Who? Just kidding

I missed until I quoted. He states just kidding in pointless small font (why even make a size that small??)

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

Who? Just kidding

*blink*
rabbisson

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

Who? Just kidding

Milloy was cut before opening day in 2003, resulting in Antwan Harris getting abused by the Bills and Tom Jackson crying that Belichick had lost the team.

Whoops, my bad.

I always liked Lawyer though Sad.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

rabbisson

tonyto3690 wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

Who? Just kidding

I missed until I quoted. He states just kidding in pointless small font (why even make a size that small??)

He literally just said that he started following the team in 2007, it was a reasonable mistake to make Laughing.

Iggles wrote:

Billy Spikes

mcmurtry86 wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

Who? Just kidding

*blink*

Tom Brady Tribute
Sciz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys. I saw somebody post about this Vrabel guy. Who is he?
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

Who? Just kidding

Whoops, my bad.

I always liked Lawyer though Sad.

His longevity was impressive. I thought he looked a bit washed up in Buffalo in the mid 2000's. That he was able to start 16 games for Seattle in 2010 and not be an embarrassment is impressive. He only missed 7 games to injury in 15 seasons which is just astounding. Starting 213 games at SS over 15 years (10+ games in 14 of 15 seasons) is also ridiculous for a guy who was for much of his career a hard hitting and physical player

Certainly one of the best pure strong safeties of the last 25 years and a guy that all Patriots fans should know about. He's definitely worth consideration for the Pats HOF
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="mcmurtry86"][quote="TomRalph"]
mcmurtry86 wrote:
I'll never understand why some people make such a big deal (or care at all) about the number that is on a player's jersey.

I also don't understand how a number can look "better" than another.

A number is just a number though. The average NFL team dresses what, 60-65 guys throughout the course of the year? Given the number restrictions and retired numbers, jersey numbers get recycled very quickly. I've probably seen some of these numbers worn by 20+ guys in my time as a Pats fan.

I can see rare exceptions when you're talking about a guy like Brady, or in other local sports Orr, Bourque, Williams, Yaztresmski, Bird etc. Guys who are literally the best ever or close to it and are icons in the city for an entire generation. But they get their numbers retired anyway.

But when you're talking about guys who spend 3 or 4 years (or fewer) with the team? Who cares?

To each their own. But if I thought a number "looked bad" because some player I disliked or a player who sucked wore it for a year or two, well there wouldn't be many numbers left.

I don't "care", in the sense that it doesn't make a difference to me, but I do think that some numbers are simply more aesthetically pleasing than others. For example, Hernandez "looks better" in his sleek college number than he does in the clunky #85.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
tonyto3690 wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

Who? Just kidding

He literally just said that he started following the team in 2007, it was a reasonable mistake to make Laughing.

I guess it's just me, but I'd think that even "new" Patriots fans would know about the key players of the Belichick Super Bowl era. Given his status on the 2001 team as well as the highly publicized and much talked about 2003 situation, it's difficult to comprehend someone not knowing Milloy or Ted Johnson or Ty Law or David Patten etc. Not that I begrudge newer fans for not knowing, it's just very very surprising.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:

I don't "care", in the sense that it doesn't make a difference to me, but I do think that some numbers are simply more aesthetically pleasing than others. For example, Hernandez "looks better" in his sleek college number than he does in the clunky #85.

How is a number sleek? Serious question. Just the shape of a "5" compared to a "1"?
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of Milloy, you think there's any chance if him being hired as DBs coach, or is that bridge burnt beyond repair?

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Speaking of Milloy, you think there's any chance if him being hired as DBs coach, or is that bridge burnt beyond repair?

Beyond burnt.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: