Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bucs trade CB Aqib Talib and 7th round pick to Pats for 4th
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 41344
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Bucs trade CB Aqib Talib and 7th round pick to Pats for 4th Reply with quote

Quote:
#Patriots traded for Bucs CB Aqib Talib.


http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/264097308050866176

***Update***
Quote:
As i first reported that the #Buccaneers traded CB Aqib Talib to the #Patriots, I'm hearing the trade is for a conditional draft pick.


http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/264098573170380800

Quote:
Aqib Talib is suspended for one more game after breaking the league's policy on performing enhancing drugs after taking Adderall.


http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/264099043054088192
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute


Last edited by Billy Spikes on Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 14947
Location: Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But he's suspended, right?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
bkobow05


Joined: 16 Dec 2005
Posts: 49273
Location: Milwaukee, WI (PB87 on the RAD sig!)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw it. Wow. Wonder what they gave up.
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frank-O


Joined: 20 Jun 2012
Posts: 1246
Location: Wisconsin - Cheeseland
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw this on ESPN. Good signing for NE, what's the starting lineup at CB look like for them?

Is Ras-I Dowling getting any playing time?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titansNvolsR#1


Joined: 26 Nov 2005
Posts: 12379
Location: Kuwait City
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over/Under 6th round?

I'm going 7th rounder.
_________________
My Student wrote:
Give your girlfriend my number, Mr. Garrett. I may be 12, but she deserves a real man. Not someone that gives homework in Math and Science the same night.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bkobow05


Joined: 16 Dec 2005
Posts: 49273
Location: Milwaukee, WI (PB87 on the RAD sig!)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank-O wrote:
Is Ras-I Dowling getting any playing time?
Placed on IR again, IIRC.
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 49307
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank-O wrote:
Just saw this on ESPN. Good signing for NE, what's the starting lineup at CB look like for them?

Is Ras-I Dowling getting any playing time?


Right now it's Alfonzo Dennard [7th round rookie] and Kyle Arrington [worst CB in NFL] starting, with Marquice Cole covering the slot.

Dennard has played well enough to hold onto a starting role. So this move would likely allow the team to keep Devin McCourty [by far the best DB on the team] at safety, with Dennard and Talib at corner.
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
Status: Emergent
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
reckless123


Joined: 02 Jun 2011
Posts: 13103
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He got traded to the right team. Although other than his suspension hes been clean, Belichick will keep him in check.
_________________


"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 41344
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
As i first reported that the #Buccaneers traded CB Aqib Talib to the #Patriots, I'm hearing the trade is for a conditional draft pick.


http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/264098573170380800

Quote:
Aqib Talib is suspended for one more game after breaking the league's policy on performing enhancing drugs after taking Adderall.


http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/264099043054088192
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBando


Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 7577
Location: Tampa Bay
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
Over/Under 6th round?

I'm going 7th rounder.
I have hope. Lions gave up a 5th for Thomas.
_________________
Adopt-A-Buc Mason Foster

garbage
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TGShabba


Joined: 20 Oct 2010
Posts: 516
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Gregory and Chung both come back healthy after the bye it will be interesting to see what the final lineup is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 27281
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
He got traded to the right team. Although other than his suspension hes been clean, Belichick will keep him in check.


He's been clean aside from this drug wise......

Arrest wise? Laughing
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frank-O


Joined: 20 Jun 2012
Posts: 1246
Location: Wisconsin - Cheeseland
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Frank-O wrote:
Just saw this on ESPN. Good signing for NE, what's the starting lineup at CB look like for them?

Is Ras-I Dowling getting any playing time?


Right now it's Alfonzo Dennard [7th round rookie] and Kyle Arrington [worst CB in NFL] starting, with Marquice Cole covering the slot.

Dennard has played well enough to hold onto a starting role. So this move would likely allow the team to keep Devin McCourty [by far the best DB on the team] at safety, with Dennard and Talib at corner.

I knew Fonz was getting some pt for you guys, looks like he's doing pretty good and is a steal!

Unfortunate about Ras, hope he gets a chance to shine.. Just not against us... in the Superbowl Wink
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninerfanwheelz


Joined: 01 Apr 2009
Posts: 11875
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
Over/Under 6th round?

I'm going 7th rounder.


2016 7th rounder most likely
_________________

Deadpulse on the sig

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
How does it end? Hopefully it's a guy snake cause girls don't poop.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eggybucsfan31


Joined: 27 Feb 2008
Posts: 7561
Location: Westerly RI
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
Over/Under 6th round?

I'm going 7th rounder.


I'd rather lose him for nothing.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group