Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bucs trade CB Aqib Talib and 7th round pick to Pats for 4th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nihc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Not sure why when the Pats make moves like this, people get excited.

People stated they were geniuses when they traded low picks for Haynesworth and Chad....how did that work out?

This is relatively low risk so its no big deal, but lets hold off before saying this was a smart move just because its the Pats.
This was my first thought when I heard the trade. People gunna be peein they pants "ZOMG BB IZ BEST GM EVAR!!!!!!@11#!! STEEL!!!!" and then Talib will get arrested 8 more times and will get cut and nobody will say a word. If a team like the Dolphins/Bills/Cardinals/Raiders ect made this exact same trade those same people would say "TROLOLOLOL, They is so desperation it aint even bee funny."

I'm not sure how this deal can possibly be labeled as bad for the Pats, even if Talib doesn't pan out. We addressed our biggest area of weakness with the best talent on the market. If we got torched in the playoffs people would say, "they should have been more aggressive at the deadline." I'll give up a 4th for a better chance to win this year 10/10 times.

2014 Adopt-a-Patriot - Dominique Easley
Tackles: 0 | Sacks: 0 | QB Hits: 0 | TFL: 0 | Fumble Recoveries: 0
Pats4ever

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people are missing the point. This is not about whether it's a good move if another team made it. Because no other team is in the same situation as New England. Nor is it about the fact that people are tired of hearing Patriots front office being clever again.

This is about Patriots anno 2012. The 2012 Patriots are extremely depleted in the secondary this year. With Rasi recently being placed on IR, the Patriots are very thin in the secondary. Therefore, any help in the secondary will be much needed. Talib has some upside, but if he does not pan out, little damage will be done..
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nihc wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

People stated they were geniuses when they traded low picks for Haynesworth and Chad....how did that work out?

This is relatively low risk so its no big deal, but lets hold off before saying this was a smart move just because its the Pats.
This was my first thought when I heard the trade. People gunna be peein they pants "ZOMG BB IZ BEST GM EVAR!!!!!!@11#!! STEEL!!!!" and then Talib will get arrested 8 more times and will get cut and nobody will say a word. If a team like the Dolphins/Bills/Cardinals/Raiders ect made this exact same trade those same people would say "TROLOLOLOL, They is so desperation it aint even bee funny."

I'm not sure how this deal can possibly be labeled as bad for the Pats, even if Talib doesn't pan out. We addressed our biggest area of weakness with the best talent on the market. If we got torched in the playoffs people would say, "they should have been more aggressive at the deadline." I'll give up a 4th for a better chance to win this year 10/10 times.
I am not saying that it is only Patriots fans, or that this is a sure fired failure, but the media outlets will react like I said. Nobody said much after they predicted the Patriots to be perfect with Fat Al and Ocho, when they flopped in NE not 1 word was said. But they were the mini-dreamteam when those moves were made. Just saying, if a lesser known GM makes this move they would get called out as reaching or desperate.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
[img]@AlbertBreer
Patriots traded their 2013 fifth-rounder for Haynesworth, their 2013 sixth-rounder for Chad. 4th & 7th to Tampa, so only 1st, 2nd, 3rd left.[/img]
Probably gonna trade back a bunch of times and recoup all of those.
Laughing

Either that or it means BB really doesn't like next year's draft class.
I know Bill's good, but I highly doubt he's putting a ton of effort into scouting next year's draft class. Considering there's this thing called coaching and all.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, the stats is like 20% of all 4th round picks become starters

#JDI
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
[img]@AlbertBreer
Patriots traded their 2013 fifth-rounder for Haynesworth, their 2013 sixth-rounder for Chad. 4th & 7th to Tampa, so only 1st, 2nd, 3rd left.[/img]
Probably gonna trade back a bunch of times and recoup all of those.
Laughing

Either that or it means BB really doesn't like next year's draft class.
I know Bill's good, but I highly doubt he's putting a ton of effort into scouting next year's draft class. Considering there's this thing called coaching and all.
Belichick [and, I'm sure, most coaches] takes the following year's expected draft class into consideration when plotting moves up and down the draft board during any given year's draft. If that weren't the case, nobody would ever trade for future picks.

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.

Last edited by Tzimisce on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Talib have bad metrics last year? Add the off field, and It's a solid deal for Bucs.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Did Talib have bad metrics last year? Add the off field, and It's a solid deal for Bucs.

He was like top 12 last year. He's sucked this year.
Nefarious Bill

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nihc wrote:
BBando wrote:
Nefarious Bill wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Because considering past success with the likes of Rodney Harrison, Corey Dillon, and Randy Moss, we have at least broke even with deals such as this one.
How have you broke even if he hasn't played for you yet?

Because even if the deal turns out bad, our track record with troubled vets would still be good.

Thanks. I thought my point was pretty clear. The worst gaffe I can think of is Adalius Thomas but at least he was effective in 07.
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nihc wrote:
BBando wrote:
Nefarious Bill wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Because considering past success with the likes of Rodney Harrison, Corey Dillon, and Randy Moss, we have at least broke even with deals such as this one.

Because even if the deal turns out bad, our track record with troubled vets would still be good.

And supposed low-character draft picks - Aaron Hernandez, Brandon Spikes, Ryan Mallett, Alfonzo Dennard (although probably too early to tell)
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like this move for both teams.

The Patriots, who in my mind are more of a "win-now" team, acquire a still young CB that has the ability to be one of the better players at his position. They give up a mid-rounder (that holds no current value to them) for an immediate upgrade and a guy that has a chance to resurrect his career.

The Bucs on the other hand get rid of a headache and actually get back more than I was anticipating for a guy that hasn't proven he can stay on the field. Talib is a really big gambler, which hurt the Bucs and will likely hurt the Pats at times. The team was clearly fed up with Talib and got nice compensation for a player they no longer wanted.
Harper41

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
Nihc wrote:
BBando wrote:
Nefarious Bill wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

And supposed low-character draft picks - Aaron Hernandez, Brandon Spikes, Ryan Mallett, Alfonzo Dennard (although probably too early to tell)

Aaron Hernandez and Brandon Spikes weren't "low character" players at UF. Spikes was a potential first round pick until his miserable 40 time and the only thing Hernandez did was get caught using a certain substance once.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
adam9

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Low risk deal for the Pats and a deal the Bucs need to make. Good on both sides IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Talib better then Sterling Moore and Kyle Arrington?

If you answered yes, then it's a good deal for New England. It's that easy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nihc wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Im not saying its a bad move at all.

Im saying that I dont know why people praise every trade they make like its gold, but since Randy Moss, its been anything but.

Wasnt meant to dog the move itself at all....just questioning why people say things like "Well since it was the Pats, it was a good move"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: