Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ye' Ole Irrelevant Thread Of Random Shiz 27
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill check it out.

Sciz wrote:
Oh great, apparently embedded videos still affect what show up in list of recommended videos on YouTube. It suggested this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zSqYfvYDPA

I just woke me neighbors up laughing, I think. The title alone.
Richter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish someone would tell Mike Mayock that the phrase "rubbing guys out" when describing the run blocking proficiency of a team doesn't sound very good.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn it, the pizza talk got the better of me & I just got one. it does not taste nearly as good as I hoped.
Richter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Damn it, the pizza talk got the better of me & I just got one. it does not taste nearly as good as I hoped.

When I hopefully retire in the next few years, there's a good chance I try my hand at pizza, because there is no good pizza out west here, and my first real job was working at a pizzeria. I'd love to open a little high-end pizza shop with hand pulled mozzarella and gourmet ingredients.
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also,
http://www.wisn.com/news/south-east-wisconsin/milwaukee/Police-officer-clown-brawl-outside-City-Hall/-/10148890/17453944/-/o9luubz/-/index.html
Laughing
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich, who do you have? Ravens or Pitt?

Game is at home and Flacco is playing the Pitt D. Ravens lost to a Big less team of the Steelers back in 2010.
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Ravens. I think they're the superior team plain and simple, then without Ben, who has been playing lights out this year, I lean even more towards the Ravens.

Obviously a Steelers/Pittsburgh game could always go either way.

ELRammy
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Really, really don't like this week, so I'm going light on picks. I'll take Atlanta and Denver as money line favorites to tack onto my parlays, Cincinnati -3, Tampa -1 and the over (47.5), Green Bay -3 and the over (52) and the Houston-Jacksonville under (41.5). No dogs that stand out this week, sadly.

Throw in the San Diego-Denver over (4Cool, while you're at it.

I feel best about the Packers line. Then probably the Bucs, which I've got at a pick'em. Might as well take them at -2, though, for the plus money. Cincinatti scares me.

You don't like the Saints moneyline?

ELRammy
Richter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaZX6R wrote:
Rich, who do you have? Ravens or Pitt?

Game is at home and Flacco is playing the Pitt D. Ravens lost to a Big less team of the Steelers back in 2010.

Not making a pick on that game. Don't like the line. It's not high enough to take Pittsburgh unless you think they'll win outright, but it's not low enough that I'd feel comfortable with the Ravens if I was taking them to win. It seems like a no-brainer to take the Ravens, but I get the nagging sense they lose this game, or come darn close to losing if they manage to escape. But then, I go back to the fact that the Steelers don't do anything particularly well on offense, aside from having Roethlisberger run around sandlot-style and chuck the ball downfield to one of the receivers or Heath Miller. And with Antonio Brown out again, I have a hard time seeing Leftwich do much against a depleted Ravens' defense, unless Mike Wallace goes off or one of the running backs manages to break out a little bit. So, I don't like either side, I don't like the line and I don't like the game, hence I'm staying away. Gun to my head, I'm taking the Ravens money line and the over at 40, since I think the Ravens approach the 30s, but that's not a pick, and definitely not any form of advice.
Richter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy Brown wrote:
Richter wrote:
Really, really don't like this week, so I'm going light on picks. I'll take Atlanta and Denver as money line favorites to tack onto my parlays, Cincinnati -3, Tampa -1 and the over (47.5), Green Bay -3 and the over (52) and the Houston-Jacksonville under (41.5). No dogs that stand out this week, sadly.

Throw in the San Diego-Denver over (48), while you're at it.

I feel best about the Packers line. Then probably the Bucs, which I've got at a pick'em. Might as well take them at -2, though, for the plus money. Cincinatti scares me.

You don't like the Saints moneyline?

No, that Saints game is a trap. Scares me for some reason. Also, I don't feel great about the Packers with Matthews and Woodson out, and Megatron starting to heat up, but I still think the Lions stink, and that defense could get shredded. I didn't even bet most of these games, I'm staying away for the most part this week.
Richter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, Baltimore isn't as good as you think, and they're not a superior team to Pittsburgh. They actually have the exact same offensive yardage statistics, but Pittsburgh's defense is better. Baltimore's defense is nearly as bad as the Patriots', and is actually worse yardage-wise. If Roethlisberger was playing, I'd be on the Steelers.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, Baltimore's home/road splits on offense are miles apart. They are a way, way better offensive team at home than on the road. Which, now that I think about it, probably points to the under. Hate this game, just hate it. Total stay away.

Last edited by Richter on Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just put money on the Packers line, afraid it's going to move towards them by game time.

ELRammy
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Also, Baltimore isn't as good as you think, and they're not a superior team to Pittsburgh. They actually have the exact same offensive yardage statistics, but Pittsburgh's defense is better. Baltimore's defense is nearly as bad as the Patriots', and is actually worse yardage-wise. If Roethlisberger was playing, I'd be on the Steelers.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, Baltimore's home/road splits on offense are miles apart. They are a way, way better offensive team at home than on the road.

Guess I'm still stung by losing money when I bet on the Steelers when they choked against the Titans. And Raiders.

ELRammy
Richter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy Brown wrote:
I just put money on the Packers line, afraid it's going to move towards them by game time.
Towards the Packers? Maybe a half point. The line feels all wrong, but the Packers seem vulnerable due to health issues. McCarthy is 5-1 as Packers coach after the bye, though, and 4-1 with Rodgers.
Richter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy Brown wrote:
Richter wrote:

Oh, and I forgot to mention, Baltimore's home/road splits on offense are miles apart. They are a way, way better offensive team at home than on the road.

Guess I'm still stung by losing money when I bet on the Steelers when they choked against the Titans. And Raiders.

If you subscribe to DVOA as a relevant stat (and I do), look at this: 27.2% at home, -17.8% on the road for the Ravens' offense. Huge, huge disparity, and the one quality opponent they've faced on the road, they got absolutely pasted by (Houston).

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 61 of 99

Jump to: