Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ye' Ole Irrelevant Thread Of Random Shiz 27
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pats#1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody catch the end of the Nets vs Celts game....almost snapped my remote control in half.

Missed free throw...followed by awful call...followed by two missed free throws.

Doesn't get any worse than that.

Adopt-a-Patriot:

Alfonzo "The Drunken Master" Dennard[/size]
Richter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Bills and the under looks good. Glad to see my instincts are still on target, even if they didn't make me any money aside from the little second half wager I placed.
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

c'mon, this clearly is mccmurty

Troy Brown

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOSTESS IS GOING OUT OF BUSINESS?

ELRammy
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oil rig explosion off the Louisiana Coast

Yeah, we can totally afford to keep using fossil fuels.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, when it rains it pours. On the rare occasion I have a bad day, everything that can go wrong does go wrong. Exterior forces cause mass layoffs of almost every entry leveler from this past summer, including myself - only girl who was saved is the owners niece. Exterior forces abruptly causing a huge fuss with the biddie. Exterior forces seriously f'ing over one of my good friends. The grass is always greener, gotta focus on & be thankful for what you do have, BUT it is crazy how everything can strike within a matter of hours. 3 totally unrelated, big/important problems for me, all requiring urgent attention. Just great.

#ExtremelyFrustrated
Richter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it's time to start your career as a professional gambler.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am anticipating finding another job being a major hassle, the majority of graduates I know are still on the hunt. So we will see. Thats an option.
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
I am anticipating finding another job being a major hassle, the majority of graduates I know are still on the hunt. So we will see. Thats an option.

It sucks.

Deadpulse on the sig
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:

What's your field of expertise/study if you don't mind me asking?

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

What's your field of expertise/study if you don't mind me asking?

Studied pol sci and gov, and had been planning on grad school since before college, but I got talked into doing some interviews; I have a big interest finance (particularly investment vehicles, probably would have studied it if I could go back in time) & some personal experience with it, and to my surprise got a dec. entry level job offer as an FA, so I went with it. It was OK, a lot of hours. I'm going to explore a bunch of different options now though, we will see how it goes. Time to start calling the old connections. Crying or Very sad

Ideally, O will pick John Kerry for some random thing, and I'll go HAM to get onto one of those campaigns. NBT lives and breathes that stuff.

It is tough for graduates right now because so many employers expect real experience by graduation. The only people I know with decent jobs are all in accounting or banking, and 1 in consulting; and all had several summers of internship experience. So, if you are someone who was a freshman in college and not totally sure what direction you wanted to go in, you are a step behind at the moment. And that's if they're lucky; I know several people with great experience who are still unemployed.
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:

Studied pol sci and gov, and had been planning on grad school since before college, but I got talked into doing some interviews; I have a big interest finance (particularly investment vehicles, probably would have studied it if I could go back in time) & some personal experience with it, and to my surprise got a dec. entry level job offer as an FA, so I went with it. It was OK, a lot of hours. I'm going to explore a bunch of different options now though, we will see how it goes. Time to start calling the old connections. Crying or Very sad

Ideally, O will pick John Kerry for some random thing, and I'll go HAM to get onto one of those campaigns. NBT lives and breathes that stuff.

It is tough for graduates right now because so many employers expect real experience by graduation. The only people I know with decent jobs are all in accounting or banking, and 1 in consulting; and all had several summers of internship experience. So, if you are someone who was a freshman in college and not totally sure what direction you wanted to go in, you are a step behind at the moment. And that's if they're lucky; I know several people with great experience who are still unemployed.

Been there too man. It sucks. You come across as a pretty smart dude, just keep grinding and don't leave any stone unturned. Good luck.

Younger guys on this forum (ie. HS or undergrads), this is some seriously important advice right here. You cannot get a desirable job today without a loaded resume. After your freshman year in college, every summer spent not working, and in a setting relevant to your studies, is a black mark on your resume.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Wink Do not think I am alone in this boat on this forum either.

It isn't like everybody has internship experience though. The vast majority of graduates are in the same boat 90s grads were in - they have a degree which shows discipline and basic knowledge of a subject, a bit of work experience in some capacity to show they will not be fish out of water in the working world, and thats about it. They are still looking to be trained by wherever they go.

Back in the day, there were just opportunities, and also less expectations. I hope our generation isn't some lost generation in the work force.It is very odd how huge of a difference there between a 7.8 unemployment and 4.8. It is only a 3 in every 100 people on paper difference, but it feels shockingly different.

Last edited by NextBigThing on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
finn54

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I graduated in July and spent about 3 months unemployed before getting a graduate job (auditor). I don't think you necessarily need to have worked tons of jobs, but you need things to talk about (interests, responsibilities etc). Just appear bright/switched on, and be able to talk about specific reasons as to why that company and job.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 50 of 99

Jump to: