Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ye' Ole Irrelevant Thread Of Random Shiz 27
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sciz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats used an unbalanced line on the 3rd and 1 with 1:42 remaining in the first. Don't remember seeing that too much.

Fells Cannon Solder Thomas Wendell Connolly Hernandez
Donut

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Donut wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Donut wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
will.i.am might be the worst musician in history. I sincerely think this is a distinct possibility.

Worst musician that's not a rapper, country artist or Maroon 5?
no, just the worst musician, period.

Lil Wayne has that title locked down. Or even Lil B or some other garbage rappers.
Li'l Wayne is not a musician.

People and he thinks he is. W/ his horrid music and then his guitar playing crap.
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Donut wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
will.i.am might be the worst musician in history. I sincerely think this is a distinct possibility.

Worst musician that's not a rapper, country artist or Maroon 5?
no, just the worst musician, period.

Lil Wayne has that title locked down. Or even Lil B or some other garbage rappers.

Or all rappers. Though rappers aren't really musicians these days.

You can't say the guys like Pharrell aren't. It takes skill to do what a lot of guys can do to beats ect...

I don't know who or what Pharrell is, but rappers aren't musicians and haven't been for a few decades now.

He's a pretty popular producer, he was a composer for last year's Oscars, and he raps and sings a lot of artist's choruses.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

How many rec. did SM have in his time to get those #s? Did he ever average 19 ypc while catching near 70 balls & 17 TDs? Mr. Green\

No, but he did average 17.8 ypc in a year when he had 84 catches and 10 TD's

He also led the league in TD's with 12 on 44 catches and 1002 yards in 1979. His 1979-1981 seasons are IMO the greatest 3 seasons ever by a Patriots WR.

In 13 seasons with the Pats, only once did his YPC dip below 16.2. Moss only had 4 seasons above 16.0 (excluding this year). His first 3 years and 2005.

None of this is to take anything away from Moss, who was obviously one of the greatest WR's of all time. But Stanley Morgan was ridiculous and one of the best big play guys of the modern era. Had he played in today's NFL and with good QB's, he would be right up there with Rice, Moss, etc in the all time great discussion.

I'm more familiar with morgan than many might think, but I think it is quite clear to all that Randy Moss's 2007 season is not only the best season by a Patriots receiver ever, but the best season by a receiver period. 1500 yards and 23 touchdowns, a half dozen long pass interference penalties, 3 more touchdowns called back for offensive holding or some silly call. #s dont tell the full tale of "level of play". No receiver in NFL history has been so dominant throughout the course of an entire season. Calvin had 8 touchdowns through 4 games last year, but than only scored 8 over his final 12 games as coverage adjusted. Coverage adjusted to Moss too, and it really made no difference. Rice 23 td season is discounted for many reasons. There is an argument to be made that Moss more unguardable/more dangerous in his 1998 campaign, but in 2007, he was all around better, though he has lost several steps horizontally.

Obviously, I've seen more off Moss than Morgan (who has one of the coolest names ever. he & Irving Fryar had to have the coolest sound names of any wide out combo ever). But from what I've seen, he doesn't really compare with Moss, Owens, Rice, or the best receivers of our generation. He could fly, had great body control, and good hands - quite a deep threat, but it doesn't seem like he was ever asked to do much else.

His 76 touchdowns in his day is equivalent to ~130ish nowadays, & my father always said Morgan's 1979 and 1986 seasons were the best he'd seen by a Patriot outside of Randy. Fryar had some good seasons, as did Troy Brown and Terry Glenn, but nobody really compares to Moss.

MAYBE Randy's 2003 season/first few weeks of 2004. His last year at 100% physically before he started to get a tad stiff in his breaks; really ran every route just flawlessly. Constant double & triple teams, a very average qb, still drops 111 catches for 1600+ and 17 td. The tape of Moss that season & how he just regularly abused double teams is almost laughable; his was hilariously dominant.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an idiot who shot his own ball sack w. his 9mm.

Video was shown on Tosh.
Sciz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaZX6R wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
https://twitter.com/CoachVrabel50/status/274354160156147712

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A86zp7NCAAAZmCL.jpg

Is this an old pic or current one?

24isthelaw

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:

I don't know who or what Pharrell is, but rappers aren't musicians and haven't been for a few decades now.

Pharrell is a producer, and part of a producing duo called the Neptunes who are rather well known. He makes beats for musicians to use, and has had a few appearances as a rapper in famous songs. His style is very minimalist, for ex. the beat in the song "Drop It Like It's Hot" is his.

I don't know what kind of music you listen to, and whether or not you have any tolerance for rap. Personally, I enjoy the songs he produces. Nothing groundbeaking, but fun to dance or bob your head to.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I KNEW YOU WERE TROUBS WHEN YOU WALKED INNNNNNNNNN"

-best rapper alive
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy Brown

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol

Quote:
Conan O'Brien ‏@ConanOBrien

What do I do? Just got a phone call asking me to QB the Jets this weekend.

ELRammy
patssoxcelts

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farcry 3 on PC so dope.
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn. A KC player shot his gf, then drove to the team facility and killed himself.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaZX6R wrote:
Damn. A KC player shot his gf, then drove to the team facility and killed himself.
I'm pretty sure the 2012 Chiefs have just cemented their status as the most star-crossed team in league history. Wow.

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
NinjaZX6R wrote:
I'm pretty sure the 2012 Chiefs have just cemented their status as the most star-crossed team in league history. Wow.

Yeah. I'm not sure how you play that game tomorrow at home. Apparently the player shot himself in front of Romo.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaZX6R wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
NinjaZX6R wrote:

Yeah. I'm not sure how you play that game tomorrow at home. Apparently the player shot himself in front of Romo.

Fing Romo ruins everything.
finn54

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy stuff going down with KC: A player committed suicide inside the stadium this morning. Maybe the game will be cancelled?

Also, someone want to make a new irrelevant thread?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99
Page 99 of 99

Jump to: