Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gameday Thread: Bye Week Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who was the Player of the Week for week 8?
A. Chris Givens: 1 placement of ball in proper endzone
77%
 77%  [ 7 ]
B. All of the Above
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stlblackshirt wrote:
Hilarious GDT. I always wondered how long it takes you to prepare one of these.

In the 2nd half, the future of the Rams comes down to one guy: Brian Quick. Yes he's a project and he comes from a simple offense but with the issues in the red zone, how the heck can he not be a guy to run fades? One of the best WR coaches in the NFL is teaching him so you wonder if it's a motivation thing or if Sam has no confidence in him (like when he hung Sam out to dry in the NE game with that terrible effort). If he develops, the need for a 1st round WR becomes less than the need for safeties and linemen.

Potentially, this draft is better than last years draft. Deep in WR, OL and S - all 3 of great need. I would love to see Snead trade down with one of the 1st rounders and pick up an extra pick(s) in the 2nd/3rd.

Thanks man, it depends on how well the creative juices are flowing. Sometimes it takes 2 days, sometimes it takes 20 minutes. The Packers one only took me about 30 minutes, despite how lengthy it was, but it was wayyyy better than the original one, which was taking me 2 days. The lengthy part is trying to find pictures. I'd say this one took me about an hour.

I really hope Quick is the guy that can develop into a #1 receiver. He showed great athleticism last week, and that catch he made made me go "that's why we drafted this guy!" But then his lack of effort towards the end made me go "why did we draft this guy?" It's a paradox. However, I will say this...I've never seen a 2nd rounder get this much attention. I'm really surprised people are on his case more than Pead, whom was replaced by someone taken 200 picks after him. Honestly, with the way Pettis has been improving, I wouldn't be surprised if he grabs the reigns and becomes that red zone target we have all been looking for. WR is a spot that requires experience to get good at. Not everyone can be like Randy Moss, Fitz, TO, Chad Johnson, Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, etc. How long did it take Brandon Lloyd to get good? Anthony Bryant? Vincent Jackson? Wes Welker? The list goes on and on, especially for those receivers taken later in the draft. Even though Quick was taken pretty early, he's still a prospect. Also, look at the bright side, Justin Blackmon isn't exactly making noise right now, and he was taken in the top 10. Michael Crabtree was a top 10 talent as well, and only recently was he looking like a #1 receiver for the 9ers. It's tough to say right now what Quick's future will be like, but I don't think we need to worry about it too much at the moment. Maybe during year 3 we can start sounding the alarm though...

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramsfan28 wrote:
If it were right tackle, I would like Dallas Thomas in the second, or maybe someone like Oday Abushi in the 3rd. I agree though, if Warmack is there, the Rams need to draft him.

I like Thomas because he can play OG or RT. Good versatility.

Right now, I'd like to see us get at least 1 play-maker in the 1st...i.e. a big time WR and a big time S or LB.

I don't think we have to go OL in the 1st. If we do, I'm hoping we trade down(assuming we finish with both our 1sts inside the top 18 picks) and take Chance Warmack if they believe he'll fall into the 20s like so many great OGs do.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramsfan28 wrote:
I'm really surprised people are on his case more than Pead, whom was replaced by someone taken 200 picks after him.

Sorry, RF28, I'm going to pick on you here because so many people say this. Draft position means squat once your in the league, the only thing it really earns you is extra time if you're not panning out.

Daryl Richardson being taken 200 picks after Pead is irrelevant. It's pointless to even bring up. It's not like Pead got benched for a 7th rounder who is terrible. DR is #3 in the NFL in yards per carry right now amongst HBs.

The only 2 players that are bettering his 5.4 ypc are Frank Gore at 5.5 ypc and CJ Spiller at 7.3 ypc.

Pead didn't get benched for some 7th rounder. Pead got benched for a HB who is actually performing at a very high level right now.

But I REALLY hope that Pead gets some more touches against SF. He looked really good against NE. I know people will say garbage time. I don't care. It's not about the stats, it's about evaluating the player and the thing plaguing Pead in the preseason was that he was trying too hard to get outside, he was slow to the hole(hesitating) and indecisive. When he got into the NE game, he was quick the seam, decisive, showed good vision and broke tackles/made people miss on the 2nd and 3rd level.

If Pead keeps playing like he is, I'd say, as much as it will pain some fans, we should split the carries something like 40% Pead, 40% DR and 20% SJ with SJ handling 3rd down HB duties.

But that's getting ahead of ourselves, point is that there's no point in basically making DR seem like some bum to pile on Pead.

Quote:
Honestly, with the way Pettis has been improving, I wouldn't be surprised if he grabs the reigns and becomes that red zone target we have all been looking for.

I'm not seeing it with Pettis. He's not physical enough. In the red-zone, you have to impose your will on defenders. Pettis just doesn't seem like a guy who will do that. He runs solid routes and he has reliable hands but he just doesn't push defenders around and dominate in traffic.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
DistantRam

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only have English Monopoly money. What's the exchange rate?
RamRod

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DistantRam wrote:
I only have English Monopoly money. What's the exchange rate?

El ramster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Wells and Saffold are coming back!

With Amendola as well.. Full power is back is baby,

Which isn't saying much Laughing

BBL
Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Ramsfan28 wrote:
I'm really surprised people are on his case more than Pead, whom was replaced by someone taken 200 picks after him.

Sorry, RF28, I'm going to pick on you here because so many people say this. Draft position means squat once your in the league, the only thing it really earns you is extra time if you're not panning out.

Daryl Richardson being taken 200 picks after Pead is irrelevant. It's pointless to even bring up. It's not like Pead got benched for a 7th rounder who is terrible. DR is #3 in the NFL in yards per carry right now amongst HBs.

The only 2 players that are bettering his 5.4 ypc are Frank Gore at 5.5 ypc and CJ Spiller at 7.3 ypc.

Pead didn't get benched for some 7th rounder. Pead got benched for a HB who is actually performing at a very high level right now.

But I REALLY hope that Pead gets some more touches against SF. He looked really good against NE. I know people will say garbage time. I don't care. It's not about the stats, it's about evaluating the player and the thing plaguing Pead in the preseason was that he was trying too hard to get outside, he was slow to the hole(hesitating) and indecisive. When he got into the NE game, he was quick the seam, decisive, showed good vision and broke tackles/made people miss on the 2nd and 3rd level.

If Pead keeps playing like he is, I'd say, as much as it will pain some fans, we should split the carries something like 40% Pead, 40% DR and 20% SJ with SJ handling 3rd down HB duties.

But that's getting ahead of ourselves, point is that there's no point in basically making DR seem like some bum to pile on Pead.

Quote:
Honestly, with the way Pettis has been improving, I wouldn't be surprised if he grabs the reigns and becomes that red zone target we have all been looking for.

I'm not seeing it with Pettis. He's not physical enough. In the red-zone, you have to impose your will on defenders. Pettis just doesn't seem like a guy who will do that. He runs solid routes and he has reliable hands but he just doesn't push defenders around and dominate in traffic.

I understand that draft position is irrelevant, BUT my analogy was simply wondering why everyone is getting so uptight about Quick when compared to what's going on with Pead. D-Rich has definitely earned his playing time, I will not argue with that at all, and I do like D-Rich. My point was that as fans, we should all calm down about player development. The coaches are putting in who they feel can get the job done at the proper time. They feel that whomever is on the field right now gives the Rams the best chance to win. Both Pead and Quick were beat out by players they feel are superior. It doesn't mean anything is necessarily wrong with them, but they aren't ready at the moment. That was the point I was trying to make.

I agree with you on the splitting carries, but there's always one problem I have, and it was very apparent during the Chiefs/Chargers game last night.l If you split carries too much, then no one has time to get in rhythm. Sad to say, but I would only try that rotation for a short period of time. Sooner or later someone is going to have to be the odd man out.

I don't feel that being physical necessarily is the key component to being a good red zone receiver. I think it's all about being able to anticipate where the ball is going to be in a split second situation, as well as being able to get enough separation to make an impact. I don't think Pettis will be the physical specimen that one would like in a goal line receiver, but I think he can use other aspects of his skillset to make plays. If anything, I wish he were a better blocker. That would make him much more valuable, that way he could be lined up at the slot to provide support for the running game to punch the ball in.

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:

Whatt? Really?? I thought wells was done?
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
El ramster wrote:

Whatt? Really?? I thought wells was done?
Nope, he was put in the new "designated to return" IR Slot.

Its all still fuzzy on the actual qualifications of the rule, but I think he had to sit out of practice atleast 6 weeks, which means the first he could practice was either week 7 or after, depending on when they actually put him on the list. And then he can play 2 weeks after that (so either week 9 or 10).

I dont know if we can expect him to be ready out of the bye as he hasnt been practicing yet, so I would shoot closer to week 12. But Saffold & Amendola should be ready to go for the Trip to San Fran.

Getting the 2 lineman back will be really nice, We should be able to run out there close to the Week 1 line, not sure how Richardson is feeling or if he is even the best option at RT anymore. Hopefully on the trip to Arizona the line looks like;
Saffold - Turner - Wells - Dahl - (Richardson/Barksdale/Hunter)
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, having Saffold back for San Fran is just what the doctor ordered... No pun intended. Getting this line back in normal working order is a must to even have any kind of shot at a playoff spot. Which I doubt will happen but it is certainly possible.
S-jax39

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Yeah, having Saffold back for San Fran is just what the doctor ordered... No pun intended. Getting this line back in normal working order is a must to even have any kind of shot at a playoff spot. Which I doubt will happen but it is certainly possible.

We have no shot. We just dont have the players and the players we do have arent good enough.
DistantRam

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-jax39 wrote:
We have no shot. We just dont have the players and the players we do have arent good enough.

Especially if Schottenheimer is going to persist with this dink-dunk passing game. Note to Brian: you can attempt more than one deep pass per game.
Wr80

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna appeal my fine, great bye week summary. Let's be honest 3-5 is much better than we'd expect to be at this point. Good bright future ahead of us!
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park - you will always be in my heart
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was great Laughing I wanna read what you have to say about this weeks game

^a seahawks fan in reference to 2013

FOREVER FAITHFUL
the niners lost the superbowl
FOREVER HATEFUL

SaveourSonics wrote:
Some Seattle fans are really getting out of hand.
Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
that was great Laughing I wanna read what you have to say about this weeks game

It's gonna be good Cool

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: