Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week Nine: Buccaneers (3-4) @ Raiders (3-4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
canadabuccaneer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to get the win but our pass defense is pathetic. And as bad as Wright has played this year, his replacement will be either Lewis or MacDonald

#EmbraceTheSuck
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diesel00 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Martin is the only player in history with three rushing TDs of 40+ yards in a single game.

Speaking of which, he scored 51 points this week. Against me. Laughing Cool

Sorry that you went up against him this week. In my league which has a werid point system he had 101 points

I think I would've won if not for Martin, but I'll lose every week if whatever Buc I'm playing against has a huge game.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Glo wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
Soul Glo wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
So are there any Blount fans/apologists left?

hint hint Soul Glo?

when did I ever say to start Blount over Martin?

Where did I ever say you said that? Laughing

I've said Martin needed to make more big runs earlier in the season when he was averaging 3.7 ypc, and if Martin isn't feeling it we should include Blount/pass more. But I've always said I thought Martin was a good back and Blount was one-dimensional, so I'm kinda lost where you think I think different..... Laughing Laughing Laughing

I have just remembered several posts from you regarding your support for Blount and how he's still good and what not. I don't know what you said about Martin, just that you were a supporter of Blount
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
Soul Glo wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
Soul Glo wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
So are there any Blount fans/apologists left?

hint hint Soul Glo?

when did I ever say to start Blount over Martin?

Where did I ever say you said that? Laughing

I've said Martin needed to make more big runs earlier in the season when he was averaging 3.7 ypc, and if Martin isn't feeling it we should include Blount/pass more. But I've always said I thought Martin was a good back and Blount was one-dimensional, so I'm kinda lost where you think I think different..... Laughing Laughing Laughing

I have just remembered several posts from you regarding your support for Blount and how he's still good and what not. I don't know what you said about Martin, just that you were a supporter of Blount

oooooh okay my bad, yeah I like Blount for what he is and I'd like to keep our depth at RB than to trade him for a late rounder.
indifference

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that the madness is finally over, I will just say....

This game wasn't suppose to be this close. I felt like we dominated offensively the way coach Schiano wanted but play-calling hindered for us to seal the game. Sherdian was WAY too passive with a 20 point lead or how ever big our 3 possession lead was. After Martin broke and scored it for us to get 35, I noticed our coverage was prevent most of the time. Allowed them back into the game. Guys were wide open, running free, and it allowed Palmer and their offense to gain confidence. I mean, lets face it, in the first half our D played pretty damn well when they were asked to tighten up. It was the same thing that happened against the Giants. Sherdian eased up on his play-calling. After we praised him for calling a great game vs Minnesota he goes out and does this to us in the 4th QTR.

Offensively now THIS is what I envisioned. Teams scared to get beat by the deep ball allowing Martin to just break-off huge runs and show the world he is legit back.

Good job by the coaching staff; 2 back to back road games wins.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I have to say is I won the civil war. That and my dad is pissed Laughing

Michael Johnson 15 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should of traded for Jenkins...

CB has become such a high priority now, as if it wasn't before.

CB then FS...(Ronde wont play forever)
yep get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
Diesel00

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
We should of traded for Jenkins...

CB has become such a high priority now, as if it wasn't before.

CB then FS...(Ronde wont play forever)

I believe in Coach Schiano and his plan. I think one of the reasons we let Talib go is because they think Johnson is going to be a solid player. I also think he picks a corner in the first round....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So who would've really guessed that right now, 4 weeks after the bye, that we'd be looking at the offense outright winning games instead of holding us back?

So happy that Freeman and Sullivan have gotten it together and I can't even wait for this offense with Nicks and Joseph in the lineup.

The run defense is really amazing but we need a pass rush in the worst way.

EDIT:

I also want to take a moment to be thankful to be a fan of a team that is on the up and up. A lot of teams out there have been disappointing in some way or another, and we already have as many wins as last year. We might even finish with a winning record. Thank goodness for Schiano and the coaches and players he brought in.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
So who would've really guessed that right now, 4 weeks after the bye, that we'd be looking at the offense outright winning games instead of holding us back?

So happy that Freeman and Sullivan have gotten it together and I can't even wait for this offense with Nicks and Joseph in the lineup.

The run defense is really amazing but we need a pass rush in the worst way.

EDIT:

I also want to take a moment to be thankful to be a fan of a team that is on the up and up. A lot of teams out there have been disappointing in some way or another, and we already have as many wins as last year. We might even finish with a winning record. Thank goodness for Schiano and the coaches and players he brought in.

+1

Good post.

Michael Johnson 15 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching E.J. Biggers attempt to play cornerback is almost as bad as Carl Lewis signing the national anthem.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great game by Doug Martin Very Happy

He killed me in fantasy though... Sad

Anyways this team is on fire on offense and I'm loving it! Cool
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The offense is finally doing what it had the potential to, and with 3 backup linemen too. Shocked Martin is absolutely dominant and there is absolutely no ceiling for this kid. He has gotten better and better as the season has gone on! Id love to see him rush for 1,500+ and 12+ TDs. I know Luck and RG3 are QBs and all but if he did that then he has to be in the talk for Rookie of the Year.

Cut Blount on Monday. Never felt this way until today. The dude is trash and despite our horrible pass D he almost single handily lost us the game with that fumble. Maybe you put some of that on Freeman with the exchange but i dont care. Martin never had a problem all day or all season for that matter. DJ Ware and Michael Smith will be fine backups.

We have the #1 Rush D and the #32 Pass D. Eh? Think Any new DC should be able to keep the run D good but Sheridan needs to be fired at the end of the year. We do have a poor secondary but being that bad in pass D, regardless of how good your rush D is is inexcusable. Bye bye Bill.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
The offense is finally doing what it had the potential to, and with 3 backup linemen too. Shocked Martin is absolutely dominant and there is absolutely no ceiling for this kid. He has gotten better and better as the season has gone on! Id love to see him rush for 1,500+ and 12+ TDs. I know Luck and RG3 are QBs and all but if he did that then he has to be in the talk for Rookie of the Year.

Cut Blount on Monday. Never felt this way until today. The dude is trash and despite our horrible pass D he almost single handily lost us the game with that fumble. Maybe you put some of that on Freeman with the exchange but i dont care. Martin never had a problem all day or all season for that matter. DJ Ware and Michael Smith will be fine backups.

We have the #1 Rush D and the #32 Pass D. Eh? Think Any new DC should be able to keep the run D good but Sheridan needs to be fired at the end of the year. We do have a poor secondary but being that bad in pass D, regardless of how good your rush D is is inexcusable. Bye bye Bill.

I can't blame schiano or sully in putting Blount in. You needed to give Martin a breather and lighten the load. However next time you put in DJ ware and think about activating Michael Smith.

I see what you're saying with Bill Sheridan but our line is vastly inconsistent in rushing the passer and our talent at cb is very poor. Biggers and Lewis I saw get beat continuously. Lewis got burned by the 3rd string running back. Biggers Palmer just picked on all day. When we got in Carson's face the few times we flustered him in horrid throws.

I think we need a pass rusher off the edge then cb in my opinion.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:

Asking to fire Sheridan is a little to harsh for me. When teams can't run the ball on you, what are they going to do? Pass. When you have the lead like we have for a huge amount of time this season, what are teams going to do? Pass.

Look at the stats and numbers all you like, but the situations skew the numbers. Yes, the pass defense needs improvement, but with our very low sack total I think it's clear that we need pressure for the pass defense to succeed which is true everywhere. We need Clayborn and our other DEs to be healthy as much as we need a #1 corner.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 24 of 26

Jump to: