Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Haley coming up to speed with the running game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SouthwestSteel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Haley coming up to speed with the running game Reply with quote

Quote:
“I have always been a believer in less is more — you get good at what you do,” Haley said. “That’s why I wasn’t in a major panic about the run game. I am confident the more we know what they can do, and the more we let them do what they do well, that we will be OK.”

Redman estimated the number of run plays has been whittled to about eight. That doesn’t take into account plays run out of formations that appear to be different but aren’t. Either way, less has indeed proven to be more.

“It caters to our style and what the offensive line likes,” running back Jonathan Dwyer said. “(Haley) is getting a lot more comfortable, and things are progressing well.”

With both Mendy and Dwyer listed as doubtful for Sunday, I hope Haley has further refined his skills this week

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2877896-85/haley-steelers-run-running-plays-game-past-start-calling-offensive#ixzz2BB45UsNs
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the plays for Redman will be similar to those of Dwyer, and with similar success. I look for him to have a big day running the football. He might not get as many runs for big gains, but he almost never loses yardage either. I blame the horrendous running yardage early on, on the offensive line because none of our RB's did well early on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: