Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who is your favorite current Dolphin?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Who is your favorite current Dolphin? Reply with quote

Simple enough question, I'm just curious who everyone's favorite current player is, and why?

For me, I love me some big Paul Soliai. How can you not cheer for the guy? He is a guy that got himself motivated and has become a top 5 NT in the game. He is the most under appreciated player on the defense because he does the "dirty work." Paul is the guy commanding double teams, that allows everyone else one on one matchups. He even makes plays, and is very disruptive for being as big as he is.

Future contenders to Soliai for my favorite players are:

Jorvorskie Lane (I was a big Reagan Mauia fan, and they are so much alike)
Chris Clemons (I have been on his bandwagon since his first year as a starter. Very smart, rarely out of position. Very solid safety.)
Olivier Vernon (Just a good football player. Was a big fan of his in college.)
Ryan Tannehill (If he is the savior we all hope he is...)

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
SUG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this year it's hands down Ryan Tanneyhill for me.
I can't remember having this much fun since the "great one #13" was coming up.

Quite simply it's been the most talent & stability starved position in the entire franchise.

I don't know just how good Tanneyhill will be but the kid is night & day better than Henne - White - Beck & every FA in the past 15 yrs with the exception of maybe the 1 great yr Pennington had here.

Again, in todays modern day NFL, if the conversation as to whom is the best player on your team does not
include your QB, your doing it wrong.

sug
patdt13

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan RT17 Tannehill.
Cameron Wake

Xbox Live GT: With The Tide

Last edited by patdt13 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
WAR ENSEMBLE

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No question it's Cam Wake for me. Love his story. Love his relentless play. He's just a joy to watch and I'm glad he's on our team!
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
Well this year it's hands down Ryan Tanneyhill for me.
I can't remember having this much fun since the "great one #13" was coming up.

Quite simply it's been the most talent & stability starved position in the entire franchise.

I don't know just how good Tanneyhill will be but the kid is night & day better than Henne - White - Beck & every FA in the past 15 yrs with the exception of maybe the 1 great yr Pennington had here.

Again, in todays modern day NFL, if the conversation as to whom is the best player on your team does not
include your QB, your doing it wrong.

sug

I always liked the Great Jay Fiedler....

As for Favorite current player....

Mike Pouncey....Even as a second year player he is becoming one of the NFL's elite interior lineman. He is always great for a quote and even rocked a pink jacket and bow tie after the Jets games....

Quote:
“He’s not even going to play enough plays to touch Reggie,” Dolphins center Mike Pouncey said of Maybin to the Sun-Sentinel. “I have to be on punt block to say something to him.”
Clutch

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt I get ready on Sundays waiting to watch Ryan Tannehill. Good or bad. There is a legitimacy to this franchise with him in the fold. Lets just hope he continues to get better every week.

He brings so much to the this team. Look how many players are now better with him under centre.

Hartline - I have dogged this guy for 2 years. Now he is at least a threat
Bess - Still have questions but he makes plays and has had some of his best games.
Pouncey - Good pick but he looks like the best centre in the game.
Rest of Oline - Seem to block with a purpose. Yes there is talent, but I think its their belief.

D - they know they have a shot to win now and in the future.

Front Office - questions about Ireland (Fireland) and now Fin Nation is waiting to see what he can bring in next.

I really like Wake, Jones and Smith too but for me its all about RT.
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be Joe Philbin for me. He's taken the rag tag bunch that looked pretty awful the last few years and has them believing in themelves. Lots of people are crediting Ireland for decision making, but Philbin has taken virtually the same exact group of players (other than Tannehill) and made them look like they are winners. His game planning skills also seem to be missing from Greenbay, and they don't look quite the same without him. Its really early for this, but Philbin should be in the talks for coach of the year if he can keep this team looking good.
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pouncey, I just love his attitude. Just today he called RT17 the best rookie QB. I would do the same thing.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Ryan Tannehill
2. Reggie Bush
3. Cameron Wake
4. Davone Bess
5. Rashed Jones

FF Member #67
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Mike pouncey. He is becoming the teams outspoken team leader and love his attitude. Former steelers OC and now colts OC bruce arians said this week he is already better then his brother.

2a. reggie bush. Just love the way he has changed the perception about him. changed his running style became a dedicated hard worker and has rubbed off onto others.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Cam Wake (He's the only Fins jersey I've bought in the last 3 years)
2. Ryan Tannehill
3. Davone Bess
4. Mike Pouncey
5. Jake Long

Nacho Simulation Football League
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
It might be Joe Philbin for me. He's taken the rag tag bunch that looked pretty awful the last few years and has them believing in themelves. Lots of people are crediting Ireland for decision making, but Philbin has taken virtually the same exact group of players (other than Tannehill) and made them look like they are winners. His game planning skills also seem to be missing from Greenbay, and they don't look quite the same without him. Its really early for this, but Philbin should be in the talks for coach of the year if he can keep this team looking good.
So are you saying that all those ireland picks were good picks from the get go? just needed a good coach to begin with? Congrats to ireland on picking those players and congrats on finding a coach to lead them Laughing
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
So are you saying that all those ireland picks were good picks from the get go? just needed a good coach to begin with? Congrats to ireland on picking those players and congrats on finding a coach to lead them Laughing

LOL. I absolutely love how so many people praise Ireland when the picks are good and pass the buck to Parcells when they sucked. Its remarkably consistent in here on that note.

For me, its pretty clear that the coaching staff made virtually every player a bit better. By in large we have the same exact group that everyone said sucked last year. That points clearly to improved coaching. Beyond that, Ireland has been, at best, mediocre, IMHO. I've said all along he deserves blame for the entire Parcells era. Ireland was the GM, afterall. If he has 6 months of growth this year, and I believe he does, I have no problem giving him credit for that, but with that, comes the fact that we sucked for quite along time with him at the helm.

Last edited by Mercury22 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Emerica

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Reggie Bush
2. Cam Wake
3. Mike Pouncey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.Wake
2.Long
3.Tannehill
4.Soliai
5.Pouncey

^^^Kempes^^^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: