Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 9 GDT: Bears(6-1) @ Titans(3-5) 11/4 1PM EST
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Wins?
Chicago Bears
72%
 72%  [ 16 ]
Tennessee Titans
27%
 27%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 22

s_camp

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
s_camp wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
s_camp wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
s_camp wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
Offensive pass interference is strong with that one.

Yeah and McCourty grabbed Marshall's arm in the endzone. Refs finally letting the guys play. McCourty can't hang.

He would have been in position to intercept the pass had Marshall not shoved him back. Don't kid yourself McCourty was draping all over him before he shoved him back. If Marshalls arm wasn't there pushing off he wouldn't have anything to grab. You can't call it letting them play when only one player is doing it.

McCourty grabbing Marshall was about ten yards after the push off, not during it.

So ten yards earlier the receiver pushed off. You realize they're not supposed to be able to do that?

Just because McCourty has the speed to catch back up to him it makes him a bad corner? If he flops like the Colts were doing last week instead of keeping his balance and running Marshall down I bet they call that.

Think what you want. They got away with Offensive PI according to the rule books.

I acknowledged the OPI.

Being fast does not make McCourty a bad corner.

What I think is that both players got away with PI. I'll continue to think that because, you know, that's what happened.

Never once did I say McCourty didn't grab his arm. I said he was in position to intercept the pass until Marshall shoved him. About ten yards outside of the endzone, which you acknowledged.

I don't think it makes him a bad corner for trying to pass interfere to save a TD when we has interfered with and it wasn't called..

The play should have been over when Marshall shoved off to gain seperation with anything McCourty did after that being null.

Mmmkay. So, we agree they both got away with PI. Good deal.
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of all things, you take a sack. Hasselsuck needs to retire.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
s_camp wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
s_camp wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
We were 1 game out of the playoffs last year and have a franchise QB that's developing extremely well.

You can't say "clearly" anything after 1 and a half years. It's been a very shaky season, but it's not time to implode everything and start over. You CAN'T do it after 1 and a half years.

If that's how it worked, Dallas doesn't win 3 superbowls in the 90s, Tom Coughlin gets fired in New York(and got fired in Jacksonville because of some down times that they didn't let him fix), etc, etc.

Can't fix everything over night.

Great catch by Washington there.

Last year as an absolute fluke based on scheduling.

The argument is not that Munch should be fired because of W/L record. It's that the team never looks prepared and rarely seems to give a damn.

Never looks prepared and rarely seems to give a damn?

That's not even worth a response.

I think it's funny how different these posts would be if the refs don't screw the Titans last week. Laughing

If you think this team comes out every week with a great gameplan and lots of fire, then we have nothing more to discuss. We're not even watching the same team, apparently.

My posts are unaffected by last week's game. I've been saying these same things for a while, and I'm right.

In the New England game, we were outplayed, especially on defense.

San Diego game, out played. Especially on offense after the defense stepped up there for a while.

Team came out vs Detroit and despite all the momentum being taken from them twice, they still won.

Vs Houston Locker goes down, completely kills the offense. Defense plays decently for a while, Hass' pick sixes ended it for us.

Vs Minnesota the offense imploded despite the defense playing alright for the first half.

Vs Pittsburgh we come out and play a good game vs a good team. Team pulls it out in the end with a stop on defense and a game winning drive.

Vs Buffalo, despite all the momentum being taken from us in the end, defense makes a stop, Hass makes another GWD, defense stops Buffalo again.

Vs Indianapolis, we played solid for the most part, just got screwed by Hass failing to hit Cook and the refs.

Today, despite being embarrassed by turnovers in the first half, we're coming out fighting in the 2nd so far.

I'm pissed off with Jerry Gray's schemes this year for the most part, but as far as the team's effort? No. Game planning? Been fine on offense for the most part, defense hasn't been good though.

We've been fine on offense? We have what.. 3-4 games where we've scored more than 13 points?

Despite the New England and Houston games, those were teams that have legitimate reasons to out play us, you just made a good case for a new Head Coach. You don't get outplayed week after week and let teams like the Bills and Lions stay in the game with the way they were going.

Sounds to me like you're finally starting to realize the talent level on this team.

We are on the Bills, Lions and etc's level at this point in time. Fisher didn't leave us an elite team. Munch is having to replace the QB, interior offensive line, defensive line, LB corp, etc, etc.

Our QB has been hurt, our leader on defense has been either hobbled or out of every game short of like 2, after the offensive line finally starts to improve, Roos goes out for a game, Harris gets hurt(and while I don't like Harris, this Lutui guy is worse), Britt has been hobbled and is still trying to get back to his old self, and the list goes on.

Munch has helped drafted a franchise QB, what is shaping up to be a fantastic LB corp if they stay healthy, a fantastic run stuffing defensive tackle, a very solid WR(which is rare for a WR in his first season), and some solid role players outside of them.

You can't fire someone who has built such young talent over this. You give him 3 years. If we aren't a playoff team next year, I'll be in agreement on firing him. Not now, though.

So you agree we have a lot of great young talent, but say our team is that of a low talent level? I don't care who he drafts if he can't coach them. The scouts do the scouting and he isn't necessarily the final say in who we take.

If you're content on waiting another year to see him fail. Fine, but I would much rather get it over with while our young talent is still... young.

I'm happy with every one of our players outside of our FS and our NB, but the coaching has been so awful it has magnified even those players. On offense we could use some interior lineman, but if the offensive line coach is so good at drafting why haven't we taken them? I'll put that on the FO though, not Munch. Outside of our FS, who is a former pro bowler, and our 3rd string corner, we have good, solid, young talent on both sides of the ball. Granted we need depth at defensive end.

1. It's inexperienced, young talent. They're not going to dominate right away.

2. We don't have the QB due to injury, we haven't had the MLB due to injury, haven't had Britt at 100%, Washington(he's not YOUNG talent, but he's part of the team going forward) hasn't been 100% all year, CJ's only finally getting back to par, etc, etc.

The young talent needs to develop.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably going to need a coach in order to develop.
s_camp

TitanLegend wrote:

It's up to Munch to make that happen, but it's not working. They make the same silly mistakes week after week. They can't tackle. Etc. Etc. Etc.
J.Redd10

The titans should roll up Michael Griffin contact & smoke that s#i+ like cheech an chong
s_camp

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
Probably going to need a coach in order to develop.

Exactly.
BEARS24

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how you guys kept up your spirits throughout, its nice to see a fanbase who can stick with their team through it all...

Good luck in the future guys!!!
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEARS24 wrote:
I like how you guys kept up your spirits throughout, its nice to see a fanbase who can stick with their team through it all...

Good luck in the future guys!!!

That wasn't high spirits, that was sarcasm. Wink

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR
2) Sammie Hill NT
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

It's up to Munch to make that happen, but it's not working. They make the same silly mistakes week after week. They can't tackle. Etc. Etc. Etc.

What we've seen from Locker is he's developing. Ayers is developing. McCarthy makes a huge difference on our defense when he's healthy, we know Britt can be good, Wright is developing nicely, etc.

You have to give it time.

If we fire Munchak after this season, what coach is going to look at Tennessee, see all the talent Munchak brought in and think "well, they're gonna give me a fair chance to win, even if it takes me a little while?".

We're completely changing the offense, and I think we're headed in the right direction there. We're completely changing the defense, not sure we're headed in the right direction there, though to be fair to Gray, when McCarthy is healthy, we're better. Not as good as I'd like..but there's improvement.

We can't keep starting over and expect success. It takes time to change a franchise, which Munch is trying to do. Will he be successful? I don't know, but trying to throw him out the door after 1 and a half years..I just don't know what to tell you. No NFL GM would ever do that, considering the changes he's trying to make and the talent he's brought in.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that sure wasn't the game I wanted to see in person. But overall it was a great experience. I do know 1 thing, the coaching staff needs to go. All of them. The same mistakes every week.
s_camp

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
s_camp wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

What we've seen from Locker is he's developing. Ayers is developing. McCarthy makes a huge difference on our defense when he's healthy, we know Britt can be good, Wright is developing nicely, etc.

If we fire Munchak after this season, what coach is going to look at Tennessee, see all the talent Munchak brought in and think "well, they're gonna give me a fair chance to win, even if it takes me a little while?".

We're completely changing the offense, and I think we're headed in the right direction there. We're completely changing the defense, not sure we're headed in the right direction there, though to be fair to Gray, when McCarthy is healthy, we're better. Not as good as I'd like..but there's improvement.

We can't keep starting over and expect success. It takes time to change a franchise, which Munch is trying to do. Will he be successful? I don't know, but trying to throw him out the door after 1 and a half years..I just don't know what to tell you. No NFL GM would ever do that, considering the changes he's trying to make and the talent he's brought in.

Not many NFL GMs hire a position coach to be a head coach, either.

Tell me this, do you think Munchak is building a consistent playoff team with a chance to go all the way?
-Hope-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO we need to give Munchak 1 more season, but Jerry Gray NEEDS to go. Despite the fact that defense was not the problem today, we'd be sooo much better with an even halfway-competent defense.

I think our offense would have looked a lot better without Hasselbeck. Dude is done, plain and simple.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
IMO we need to give Munchak 1 more season, but Jerry Gray NEEDS to go. Despite the fact that defense was not the problem today, we'd be sooo much better with an even halfway-competent defense.

I think our offense would have looked a lot better without Hasselbeck. Dude is done, plain and simple.

The trouble with keeping Munchak and replacing coordinators is that nobody worth a damn wants to be an OC or DC for a lame duck head coach. So now you're in the position of giving the HC an extension so he can hire decent coordinators, which means a few more years of trying to figure out if the HC can coach or not.

On Hasselbeck: 194 passing yards on 35 attempts. That's 5.5 yards per attempt. What a joke. Even against the Chicago defense, that's bad. Bears allowing ~6.4 yards per attempt before today.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
s_camp wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

Not many NFL GMs hire a position coach to be a head coach, either.

Tell me this, do you think Munchak is building a consistent playoff team with a chance to go all the way?

Plenty of position coaches wind up being fantastic head coaches. I'm not worried about that. Tom Coughlin's only NFL experience as a coach was a position coach before he took over Jacksonville. He was HC at Boston College, but as we've seen, those are two completely different ball games. Harbaugh was only an assistant(special teams coordinator as well..but you get the point).

Do I think he's building a team that can be capable of that? Yes. He's shown he has a good eye for talent.

We'll find out how well he can develop it and coach it as we go in to his 3rd season. Locker, McCarthy, Ayers, Brown, Casey and Wright all appear to be well on their way, just a matter of health for some and consistency for others. The rule of thumb in the NFL has always been "3rd year is the judge", whether it be for players, coaches, etc.

I'm frustrated as much as anyone else, but I also know in the back of my head it takes time, and given the talent he's been able to bring in, I'm willing to give him the opportunity to turn it in to what we all want it to be. I think he deserves that chance.

Lets get Locker healthy, let him play the last 6 games or whatever he's able to do and get ready for what should be our return to the playoffs next year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 34 of 35

Jump to: