Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The game last week assesment
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Str8Wreckin08


Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 419
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: The game last week assesment Reply with quote

Heres the difference between you and the 49ers. Both of you are top 5 football teams, and I think you guys could win the super bowl on your best day. Only if you guys play mistake free football, and run the ball. Your defense is gonna do what it does. ANd thats make big plays rushing the passer, and defending the pass.

Qb- Nod goes to the 49ers. Smith is the better game manager. has better weapons to work with.

Rb- even

Wr- 49ers even with a servicable group, (not gonna spend alot of money on wr's) there far more better then the seahawks. With Vernon Davis,
make an argument for top 3 wr core in the league.

Ol- 49ers Big physical athletic.

Dl- Seahawks feriocious pass rush on the edge as well as inside. Young
passrusher in Irvin whos gonna develop. He's getting constant
pressure.

Lb- 49ers clearly better coached taking better angles.

Cb- Clearly Seahawks. 49ers have 2 servicable corners in Culliver and Brown and a very good nickel in Rodgers But are no match for the Seahawks. Richard Sherman top 3 corner in the leauge who will eventually one day be number 1 in the league teamed with Brandon the Enforcer Browner no team from the past 10 years to this day can compete.

S- Gonna say 49ers because they are better coached even though the Seahawks are way more athletic. You could clearly see Goldson making plays near the line off scrimmage taking proper angles . Vice Versa earl Thomas takes very bad angles and allows big runs because he is late filling his gap and not taking proper angles. kam Chancellor is a pretty good run stuffer but not as good as Goldson.

I'm gonna say the only difference in this game was coaching. For instance you guys had to wide of splits which allowed Frank Gore to run up the middle. You can't do that against a big athletic oline like the 49ers.

The 49ers linebackers clearly are better coached. Knifing in and out of traffic, taking proper angles. Getting off blocks. You guys don't flow to the ball properly. KJ Wright is your best linebacker, followed by a young but raw Wagner. Replace Hill next year with a bigger faster linebacker and you guys will have a top 3 front seven.

Also, Wilson is a little to fixed on the deep ball. Had some targets he should have thrown to for short positive yardage but chose the money deep ball instead. You guys 8 out of 10 times don't have a wr crossing over the middle. Your outside guys are running deep routes most of the time, while your slot guys run outs. You guys need to do more crossing routes to give Wilson a better chance to move the chains. Something like the Patriots always having safety valves over the middle to keep the drive alive. You know Brady likes to throw deep, but knows when to settle for short positve yardage.

All in all you guys should have won. Key interception in double coverage, and a key drop by Turbin which probaly would have led to 6 and a key drop inside your own 5 which probaly would have led to 6.

You guys are good, defense is gonna do its thing. But tweak the offense a little so you guys can put up more points.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tooki


Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Posts: 10728
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game wasn't clearly indicative of this team as a whole, but your assessment of the game was pretty good IMO.

The LB's usually take good angles. They are coached very well, but I think that the playcalling set them up to fail. Also, the 9ers OL is very very good this year and were able to hit the LB consistently.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no way the Niners safeties are better than ours...
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Str8Wreckin08


Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 419
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
This game wasn't clearly indicative of this team as a whole, but your assessment of the game was pretty good IMO.

The LB's usually take good angles. They are coached very well, but I think that the playcalling set them up to fail. Also, the 9ers OL is very very good this year and were able to hit the LB consistently.


Yes I agree. Either the 49er oline was just that good, the splits were to wide allowuing the olineman to get to the second level, or the Seahawks Lb'ers are just that pathetic.

I think the 49er oline is just that good.

But your telling me the Linebacking crew is pretty good. I will have to watch some more of them.

All in all, I love the Seahawks and how they play. And this is from a guy who lives in Ausitn Texas
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Str8Wreckin08


Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 419
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
There's no way the Niners safeties are better than ours...


As far as pass coverage, no. Best in the league.

As far as stopping the run. I'd say the Nod goes to the 9ers. kam is good. But Goldson is just way more aggresive. Anytime you have a safety making tackles at the line of scrimmage you have a pretty good one.

Earl Thomas is a little bit undersized and therefore plays timid when it comes to stopping the run. You want a safety to attack the line of scriimmage like Sean Taylor or what Goldson showcased last Thursday night. Goldson is undersized, but shows lot of fight and heart.

Earl will deliver a blow to someone crossing over the middle, but stopping the run is not his forte. Is great in pass coverage. Kam Chancellor is becoming more of a pass defender now in man situations then he was in the past. Basically just being an enforcer.

Best secondary in the league no doubt.

But your safetys got outplayed in this one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 27069
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Str8Wreckin08 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
There's no way the Niners safeties are better than ours...


As far as pass coverage, no. Best in the league.

As far as stopping the run. I'd say the Nod goes to the 9ers. kam is good. But Goldson is just way more aggresive. Anytime you have a safety making tackles at the line of scrimmage you have a pretty good one.

Earl Thomas is a little bit undersized and therefore plays timid when it comes to stopping the run. You want a safety to attack the line of scriimmage like Sean Taylor or what Goldson showcased last Thursday night. Goldson is undersized, but shows lot of fight and heart.

Earl will deliver a blow to someone crossing over the middle, but stopping the run is not his forte. Is great in pass coverage. Kam Chancellor is becoming more of a pass defender now in man situations then he was in the past. Basically just being an enforcer.

Best secondary in the league no doubt.

But your safetys got outplayed in this one.


tats head will explode in 3,2,...
_________________


wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Str8Wreckin08 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
There's no way the Niners safeties are better than ours...


As far as pass coverage, no. Best in the league.

As far as stopping the run. I'd say the Nod goes to the 9ers. kam is good. But Goldson is just way more aggresive. Anytime you have a safety making tackles at the line of scrimmage you have a pretty good one.

Earl Thomas is a little bit undersized and therefore plays timid when it comes to stopping the run. You want a safety to attack the line of scriimmage like Sean Taylor or what Goldson showcased last Thursday night. Goldson is undersized, but shows lot of fight and heart.

Earl will deliver a blow to someone crossing over the middle, but stopping the run is not his forte. Is great in pass coverage. Kam Chancellor is becoming more of a pass defender now in man situations then he was in the past. Basically just being an enforcer.

Best secondary in the league no doubt.

But your safetys got outplayed in this one.


So Kam Chancellor leads all safeties in tackles. I assume this is purely coincidence and has nothing to do with how good he is against the run? LOL at the notion that Goldson is even close to Kam as a run defender. What's next? Alex Smith is right on par with Peyton Manning in diagnosing a defense?
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Str8Wreckin08


Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 419
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Str8Wreckin08 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
There's no way the Niners safeties are better than ours...


As far as pass coverage, no. Best in the league.

As far as stopping the run. I'd say the Nod goes to the 9ers. kam is good. But Goldson is just way more aggresive. Anytime you have a safety making tackles at the line of scrimmage you have a pretty good one.

Earl Thomas is a little bit undersized and therefore plays timid when it comes to stopping the run. You want a safety to attack the line of scriimmage like Sean Taylor or what Goldson showcased last Thursday night. Goldson is undersized, but shows lot of fight and heart.

Earl will deliver a blow to someone crossing over the middle, but stopping the run is not his forte. Is great in pass coverage. Kam Chancellor is becoming more of a pass defender now in man situations then he was in the past. Basically just being an enforcer.

Best secondary in the league no doubt.

But your safetys got outplayed in this one.


So Kam Chancellor leads all safeties in tackles. I assume this is purely coincidence and has nothing to do with how good he is against the run? LOL at the notion that Goldson is even close to Kam as a run defender. What's next? Alex Smith is right on par with Peyton Manning in diagnosing a defense?


Is he an all around better player then Kam CHancellor? No.

Did he outplay kam Chancellor? Yes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Str8Wreckin08 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Str8Wreckin08 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
There's no way the Niners safeties are better than ours...


As far as pass coverage, no. Best in the league.

As far as stopping the run. I'd say the Nod goes to the 9ers. kam is good. But Goldson is just way more aggresive. Anytime you have a safety making tackles at the line of scrimmage you have a pretty good one.

Earl Thomas is a little bit undersized and therefore plays timid when it comes to stopping the run. You want a safety to attack the line of scriimmage like Sean Taylor or what Goldson showcased last Thursday night. Goldson is undersized, but shows lot of fight and heart.

Earl will deliver a blow to someone crossing over the middle, but stopping the run is not his forte. Is great in pass coverage. Kam Chancellor is becoming more of a pass defender now in man situations then he was in the past. Basically just being an enforcer.

Best secondary in the league no doubt.

But your safetys got outplayed in this one.


So Kam Chancellor leads all safeties in tackles. I assume this is purely coincidence and has nothing to do with how good he is against the run? LOL at the notion that Goldson is even close to Kam as a run defender. What's next? Alex Smith is right on par with Peyton Manning in diagnosing a defense?


Is he an all around better player then Kam CHancellor? No.

Did he outplay kam Chancellor? Yes


In that 1 particular game? Maybe. Only plays I remember him being involved in he got trucked by Marshawn, a personal foul for being an idiot, and intercepting a terrible throw by Wilson that wasn't even near the receiver. Don't know if I'd call that a great day.
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Str8Wreckin08


Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 419
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Str8Wreckin08 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Str8Wreckin08 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
There's no way the Niners safeties are better than ours...


As far as pass coverage, no. Best in the league.

As far as stopping the run. I'd say the Nod goes to the 9ers. kam is good. But Goldson is just way more aggresive. Anytime you have a safety making tackles at the line of scrimmage you have a pretty good one.

Earl Thomas is a little bit undersized and therefore plays timid when it comes to stopping the run. You want a safety to attack the line of scriimmage like Sean Taylor or what Goldson showcased last Thursday night. Goldson is undersized, but shows lot of fight and heart.

Earl will deliver a blow to someone crossing over the middle, but stopping the run is not his forte. Is great in pass coverage. Kam Chancellor is becoming more of a pass defender now in man situations then he was in the past. Basically just being an enforcer.

Best secondary in the league no doubt.

But your safetys got outplayed in this one.


So Kam Chancellor leads all safeties in tackles. I assume this is purely coincidence and has nothing to do with how good he is against the run? LOL at the notion that Goldson is even close to Kam as a run defender. What's next? Alex Smith is right on par with Peyton Manning in diagnosing a defense?


Is he an all around better player then Kam CHancellor? No.

Did he outplay kam Chancellor? Yes


In that 1 particular game? Maybe. Only plays I remember him being involved in he got trucked by Marshawn, a personal foul for being an idiot, and intercepting a terrible throw by Wilson that wasn't even near the receiver. Don't know if I'd call that a great day.


A sure sign of poor safety play is when your defense is getting gashed for 15-20 yard plus runs up the middle. I saw Earl as the weak link in one play where Gore broke for 15 yards. taking poor angle. Did not see Kam too much involved.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tooki


Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Posts: 10728
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's poor Front-7 play, not poor safety play. Earl Thomas usually plays in a Deep Cover 1, and it was obvious on those two big runs by Frank Gore. He was left 1-1 versus Gore without any help. Yes he didn't take the best angle, but he did the right thing considering that he was the only thing between Frank Gore and a touchdown.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Str8Wreckin08


Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 419
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
That's poor Front-7 play, not poor safety play. Earl Thomas usually plays in a Deep Cover 1, and it was obvious on those two big runs by Frank Gore. He was left 1-1 versus Gore without any help. Yes he didn't take the best angle, but he did the right thing considering that he was the only thing between Frank Gore and a touchdown.


Yea he was the main reason why Trent Richardson broke up the middle for a long score in the National Championship. Very bad angle. Could of prevented it.

But what you said is right. The middle is the first line of defense. But the safetys are the difference between a 8-10 yard run and a 15-20 yard dash up the gut.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sacks98


Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 3910
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Tooki said the Defensive Line was to blame for the most part by the trap runs they were letting guys get to the 2nd level to block the LB's.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tooki


Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Posts: 10728
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
What Tooki said the Defensive Line was to blame for the most part by the trap runs they were letting guys get to the 2nd level to block the LB's.


That's basically it. Our DT's weren't holding the double black and you saw on those plays that the guards were able to hit our LB's and SS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ers4life52


Joined: 18 Mar 2010
Posts: 3194
Location: Fresno, CA
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Str8Wreckin08 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
There's no way the Niners safeties are better than ours...


As far as pass coverage, no. Best in the league.

As far as stopping the run. I'd say the Nod goes to the 9ers. kam is good. But Goldson is just way more aggresive. Anytime you have a safety making tackles at the line of scrimmage you have a pretty good one.

Earl Thomas is a little bit undersized and therefore plays timid when it comes to stopping the run. You want a safety to attack the line of scriimmage like Sean Taylor or what Goldson showcased last Thursday night. Goldson is undersized, but shows lot of fight and heart.

Earl will deliver a blow to someone crossing over the middle, but stopping the run is not his forte. Is great in pass coverage. Kam Chancellor is becoming more of a pass defender now in man situations then he was in the past. Basically just being an enforcer.

Best secondary in the league no doubt.

But your safetys got outplayed in this one.


So Kam Chancellor leads all safeties in tackles. I assume this is purely coincidence and has nothing to do with how good he is against the run? LOL at the notion that Goldson is even close to Kam as a run defender. What's next? Alex Smith is right on par with Peyton Manning in diagnosing a defense?

Sorry for budging in, but what's so lol worthy about Goldson being even close to Kam agaisnt the run? Goldson is great against the run... I'm not saying he is better than Kam but your making it out be that theirs a huge gap between the two. Which is totally false.
_________________

^Kempes^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group