Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Prepare to be pillaged!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
what? what are you referring to?

Star Wars episode 2.

the battle has only begun.

hilarious. do you really think that expression came from a Star Wars movie?

Laughing

make sure you cite George Lucas in your college term papers!

and again you fall back in to your sarcastic ranting of somehow quoting others as saying things like "oh, they went 3-13 last year, can never be good, rah rah rah," when what i was discussing was teams making it to the playoffs and wining their divisions.

focus, dude!

okay, so here's the deal.

1) I do not think the Vikings are fish out of the water, and Chicago and Greenbay will just walk all over everyone else to decide who wins the division.

2) We have 8 games left, and 2 times this year we lost because we beat ourselves. If we play better football, this is a 7-1 team, only loss being to the Colts.

3) This game has huge playoff implications, as long as we don't get complacent (and after last week, if Frazier keeps this team complacent with 5 wins, he must be fired). We win this game, and we are really back into the race.

There you go. Neither Vikings fans or Seahawks fans should give up yet.

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
milanb

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was channel surfing between the Packers and Bears games last week, and neither team really looked like a juggernaut.

The Packers have some young talent on defence, so I expect to see them get better on that side of the ball as the season progresses. But the offence that looked unstoppable last year looked very ordinary against a bad Jags defence. Greg Jennings will not be back any time soon, and Jordy Nelson's hamstring may keep him out for a while too.

The Bears needed a miracle comeback to beat Carolina at Soldier Field. They still tend to win games on turnovers and special teams. They're quite beatable if you don't make a lot of mistakes.

The Vikings will be underdogs in all of their 5 remaining divisional games this year, but I can easily see them going 2-3 in those games.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
imani

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
I was channel surfing between the Packers and Bears games last week, and neither team really looked like a juggernaut.

The Packers have some young talent on defence, so I expect to see them get better on that side of the ball as the season progresses. But the offence that looked unstoppable last year looked very ordinary against a bad Jags defence. Greg Jennings will not be back any time soon, and Jordy Nelson's hamstring may keep him out for a while too.

The Bears needed a miracle comeback to beat Carolina at Soldier Field. They still tend to win games on turnovers and special teams. They're quite beatable if you don't make a lot of mistakes.

The Vikings will be underdogs in all of their 5 remaining divisional games this year, but I can easily see them going 2-3 in those games.

Eh?

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
milanb

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
milanb wrote:

Eh?

I understand your confusion.

The Jags defence was Top 10 last year but has taken a step backward this year. They're 25th in the NFL. They weren't very good at all when the Vikings played them.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
imani

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
imani wrote:
milanb wrote:

Eh?

I understand your confusion.

The Jags defence was Top 10 last year but has taken a step backward this year. They're 25th in the NFL. They weren't very good at all when the Vikings played them.

They've been underperforming, but injuries definitely haven't helped

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Sacks98

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Boom! wrote:
Did you know? Russell Wilson has a passer rating of 94.0 in the first half of games, and 71.8 in the second half of games.

Did you know? Russell Wilson has a 1st QTR rating of 104.5, 83.9 in the 2nd, 55.2 in the 3rd, and 88.2 in the 4th. 5 of his 8 INTs are 3rd

Did you know? Russell Wilson had a 45.5 rating on 3rd downs after four games, but is up to 76.2 after the last four.

Did you know? Russell Wilson has a 121.7 rating on 3rd and more 9 yards to go.

Did you know? Russell Wilson has a 136.1 rating on 4th downs with two touchdowns in six pass attempts.

Did you know? Russell Wilson has a 158.0 rating over the middle of the field with a 14.8 yards per attempt

Did you know? Russell Wilson has a 98.8 rating in the red zone with 5 touchdowns and no interceptions.

Credit @Hawkblogger for the "Did you Knows"

Thanks Boom

GaTechravens said russell was tim tebow a few weeks ago Laughing

I don't see it unless he means winning, Wilson has much better throwing mechanics.

Doug Baldwin says he plans on playing this week against the Vikings according to Clare Farnsworth.
imani

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
imani wrote:
Boom! wrote:
Did you know? Russell Wilson has a passer rating of 94.0 in the first half of games, and 71.8 in the second half of games.

Did you know? Russell Wilson has a 1st QTR rating of 104.5, 83.9 in the 2nd, 55.2 in the 3rd, and 88.2 in the 4th. 5 of his 8 INTs are 3rd

Did you know? Russell Wilson had a 45.5 rating on 3rd downs after four games, but is up to 76.2 after the last four.

Did you know? Russell Wilson has a 136.1 rating on 4th downs with two touchdowns in six pass attempts.

Did you know? Russell Wilson has a 158.0 rating over the middle of the field with a 14.8 yards per attempt

Did you know? Russell Wilson has a 98.8 rating in the red zone with 5 touchdowns and no interceptions.

Thanks Boom

I don't see it unless he means winning, Wilson has much better throwing mechanics.

Doug Baldwin says he plans on playing this week against the Vikings according to Clare Farnsworth.

That's exactly what he said they were similar in....as well accuracy Confused

wwhickok wrote:

TheOsprey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
imani wrote:
Boom! wrote:

Thanks Boom

That's exactly what he said they were similar in....as well accuracy Confused

Not to get off the subject here, but I wasn't expecting to hear from Imani. I would have thought you'd be in an area without power, being from New York. How bad is the damage there? On the news it looks pretty bad.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn you, Vikings.

And for the record, Vikings fans can hold out hope, but I have no problem saying the 49ers will run away with the West.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i won't hold out hope you get off your butt and make a proper GDT, that's for sure.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Sacks98

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
#Seahawks Injuries: FULL: RB Lynch (back), WR Baldwin (ankle), G Moffitt (knee).

https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/264141677051129857

Pretty fast recovery for Baldwin if he plays and it was a high ankle sprain.

Quote:
#Seahawks Injuries: DNP: WR Edwards (knee), DT Jones (ankle), DT Scruggs (oblique). LIMITED: CB Maxwell (hamstring).

https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/264141569031012352

The interior of our D-Line depth is starting to dwindle not only Jones but Scruggs now to.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Damn you, Vikings.

And for the record, Vikings fans can hold out hope, but I have no problem saying the 49ers will run away with the West.

You're okay if the Seahawks don't make the playoffs this year?

sorry, I just can't have that mentality. Honestly, I want to see our team crush our opponents week in and week out.

This Minnesota Seahawks vs. Seattle Vikings game I predict will have huge playoff implications.

Tooki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Damn you, Vikings.

sorry, I just can't have that mentality. Honestly, I want to see our team crush our opponents week in and week out.

This Minnesota Seahawks vs. Seattle Vikings game I predict will have huge playoff implications.

If it's the same mindset as last year (which I share), then basically I want us to make the playoffs but if we don't, I'm not gonna cry about it. This team is still really young and is going to hit it's prime in the next couple of years.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Damn you, Vikings.

If it's the same mindset as last year (which I share), then basically I want us to make the playoffs but if we don't, I'm not gonna cry about it. This team is still really young and is going to hit it's prime in the next couple of years.

okay, thats understandable. I think the overall consensus is that both of these teams are already sort of overacheiving.

as long as your not complacent with losing, thats fine by me. Smile

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Damn you, Vikings.

Where did I say that? All I said was I conceded the division already, obviously I want my team to be one of the wild cards...

And are you the one that wanted to sig bet on this game?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: