Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft Prospects Thread II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patterson made UGA look silly that game. Would like him.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
marky_b27

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Talking about Tennessee receivers, I really like Cordarrelle Patterson

A threat receiving, running and returning, he reminds me a little of a taller Percy Harvin.

He's so talented but he's such a risk too. He drops too many passes and I worry about how bad he actually wants to succeed. He's got the talent to be a stud but he could just be Roy Williams part II.

So you mean we can trade him to the Cowboys for a first round pick plus change?

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Meco wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:

A threat receiving, running and returning, he reminds me a little of a taller Percy Harvin.

He's so talented but he's such a risk too. He drops too many passes and I worry about how bad he actually wants to succeed. He's got the talent to be a stud but he could just be Roy Williams part II.

Anyone remember how we all (myself included) hated the JP trade? When the Cowboys traded for Williams some fans (not me) were all "Why did we trade all that for Peters, but couldn't do it for Williams"

I don't think any of them are still here, but if they are:

Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Meco wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:

His hands are awful - never seen a dude drop so many open passes then Patterson. He's got the physical tools to be good[minus the hands], but I don't like he's got the mental tools to be good.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give us a big Reciever to match Cox Laughing

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
gator3guy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:
Da'Rick Rogers- If you can get over the character issues, he can be a big bodied #2.

He's the best WR in this class, a bonafide number one type guy. The only reason he's not being talked about as so is because he had his priorites wrong.

This, Rogers is similar physically, athletically, and skillwise to Julio Jones, he just has off field issues.

The only difference[minus the off the field problems] between Da'Rick and Julio is the elite athleticism that Julio had. I'd say that Da'Rick is an above average athlete, but he and Julio are very similar.

...now if he wasn't such a moron we'd be talking about him for out first round, top five picks. That's how good this kid is. He's way better then a "big-bodied number 2".

People throw out "bonafide #1'" way too much. I view a number 1 as a guy that can do everything. He can beat you deep, he can make the play over the middle, he can move around the offense, he can run good routes, he can win jump balls, he's physical, he can stretch the defense, run after the catch etc.

Da'Rick is big guy who is physical and can make tough catches in traffic. He's not going to beat you over the top, or consistently on the outside. He just doesn't have that burst. He can still be a valuable receiver, and he might turn into a number 1 for some team, but he's not a true #1 in my eyes.

He also came up small against the best teams last year as the "#1". 240 yards and just one TD in 5 total game against Florida, Georgia, Alabama, LSU, and South Carolina.
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gator3guy wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:
Da'Rick Rogers- If you can get over the character issues, he can be a big bodied #2.

He's the best WR in this class, a bonafide number one type guy. The only reason he's not being talked about as so is because he had his priorites wrong.

This, Rogers is similar physically, athletically, and skillwise to Julio Jones, he just has off field issues.

The only difference[minus the off the field problems] between Da'Rick and Julio is the elite athleticism that Julio had. I'd say that Da'Rick is an above average athlete, but he and Julio are very similar.

...now if he wasn't such a moron we'd be talking about him for out first round, top five picks. That's how good this kid is. He's way better then a "big-bodied number 2".

People throw out "bonafide #1'" way too much. I view a number 1 as a guy that can do everything. He can beat you deep, he can make the play over the middle, he can move around the offense, he can run good routes, he can win jump balls, he's physical, he can stretch the defense, run after the catch etc..

ummmm? He can do all that - have you ever seen him play or are you just looking at his projected forty and stat line?
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He also came up small against the best teams last year as the "#1". 240 yards and just one TD in 5 total game against Florida, Georgia, Alabama, LSU, and South Carolina.

He actually played well against Florida, and LSU last year, when the rest of the offense was struggling.
gator3guy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
gator3guy wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:

People throw out "bonafide #1'" way too much. I view a number 1 as a guy that can do everything. He can beat you deep, he can make the play over the middle, he can move around the offense, he can run good routes, he can win jump balls, he's physical, he can stretch the defense, run after the catch etc..

ummmm? He can do all that - have you ever seen him play or are you just looking at his projected forty and stat line?

He can do a lot of those things but he's not going to get consistent separation at the next level which is arguably the most important thing. Stop going off the high school hype. He's good, but he's not elite. And he was a 4.4 guy out of high school. He lacks burst on the field.
Meco

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Remixxxxxxx"]
gator3guy wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:

People throw out "bonafide #1'" way too much. I view a number 1 as a guy that can do everything. He can beat you deep, he can make the play over the middle, he can move around the offense, he can run good routes, he can win jump balls, he's physical, he can stretch the defense, run after the catch etc..[/quote]

Yes, I have.

Beat you deep:
http://youtu.be/5BHOXRyDLuw?t=30s
http://youtu.be/5BHOXRyDLuw?t=1m
Move around:
http://youtu.be/yODL-GxDseM?hd=1&t=1m29s (In the slot)
Win Jump Balls:
http://youtu.be/yODL-GxDseM?hd=1&t=7m29s
http://youtu.be/5BHOXRyDLuw?t=1m53s
Physical:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5evYHPkOyU
http://youtu.be/yODL-GxDseM?hd=1&t=3m47s
http://youtu.be/yODL-GxDseM?hd=1&t=2m4s
Route Running:
http://youtu.be/yODL-GxDseM?hd=1&t=11s
Run after the catch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26UYATqb7ZI
http://youtu.be/yODL-GxDseM?hd=1&t=3m47s
http://youtu.be/5BHOXRyDLuw?t=1m10s

Reminds me of a smaller Brandon Marshall.

Last edited by Meco on Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
gator3guy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:

He actually played well against Florida, and LSU last year, when the rest of the offense was struggling.

A 5 game sample size is almost half the season. A "bonafide #1" better average more than 50 yards a game. Do you think its a coincidence he didn't produce against quality opponents? I don't. He's going to struggle to get separation against good corners.

I'll list his 100 yard games from last year:
Montana
Cincinnati
Buffalo
Mid Tenn St.
Arkansas
Vanderbilt

Not exactly stellar defenses.

And this year he had almost 900 yards receiving in 11 games at Tenn Tech. 300 yards came against one opponent- a terrible SE Missouri St team. He failed to break 100 in any other game. A "bonafide #1" NFL receiver should be dominating that competition.
EagleBlueDon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

100?
EagleBlueDon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooohfa!
EagleBlueDon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bow to me.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
EagleBlueDon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My lack of sig is really shafting me here...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 99 of 100

Jump to: