Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft Prospects Thread II
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: 2013 NFL Draft Prospects Thread II Reply with quote

2013 NFL Draft Prospects Thread II

You guys know how this works. And although it is early, we all love to project the future of professional football, so let's keep the majority of college prospects' conversation in here.

We already know my favorite three amigos:

RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow QB hype comes and goes so fast and often unexpectedly. At the beginning of last season everyone was saying Tyler Bray would be the #1 pick in 2013, then it was Logan Thomas all offseason, then it was Geno, no it's this guy? I have no idea, we'll just have to wait and see. Either way I'm not a huge fan of Glennon or Barkley, I'd love Geno (nearly 0 chance of this) and wouldn't mind Wilson. Although if we were to draft a QB in the 1st I'd want it to be one of the top 2 QBs and top 5 picks, not the guys who may fall all the way to 20 (Wilson, Glennon). If we moved on from Foles and were set on spending a 1st rounder on a QB, then I'd actually prefer we give up a kings ransom for Geno rather than wait around and pick up the left over 1st round QB. Ideally I want us to take another QB in rounds 2-5 next year, unless of course Foles sees playing time and looks absolutely horrible. Until then I'd just like us to bring in another QB with potential to compete with Foles while building up the offensive line and secondary. Obviously it also depends on what players are available at the time, but I'd ideally want our draft to look something like:

1. OT
2. S
3. QB
4. DE/OLB
5. WR
6. OG
6. CB (I'm guessing the undisclosed Bunkley pick will be 6th)
7. OG

~Bird Watch 2014 | Mark "The Sanchize" Sanchez~
202 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, 89.6 Passer Rating
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockwave flash just crashed and wouldn't let me post on chrome... I need to check my anger issues.

Seroiusly Meco? Bucky Brooks? Dude's a tool

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is how I'd rank the quarterbacks right now

1 // Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
2 // Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas
3 // Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee
4 // Matt Barkley, QB, Southern California
5 // Zac Dysert, QB, Miami (Ohio)
baconrad3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMIB.....Wilson >>>>>> Glennon. I wouldn't group those two together.... Wilson will go top 15 easily. I'm not buying Glennon as a first rounder. He's way overhyped.

I've been watching Dion Jordan tape....and I really want this guy. If we stick with Foles at QB...I want him in the 1st round. Especially if we get a 3-4 HC/DC

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Meco

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well since I ended up posting on page 99

Mike Glennon is getting some major hype in scouting circles according to Bucky Brooks, former NFL player and scout. Link.

Bucky Brooks wrote:
Quote:
Mike Glennon might be the best quarterback available in the 2013 NFL Draft.

I know that statement will take many by surprise, considering the endless hype and speculation surrounding West Virginia's Geno Smith and USC's Matt Barkley, but there is a growing sentiment in the NFL scouting community that the N.C. State star could be the crown jewel of this year's quarterback class.

I had heard about Glennon's ascension up draft boards across the league over the past few weeks, but it wasn't until I made a trip to North Carolina to study him in person on Saturday that I could see what all the commotion was about. Glennon's masterful performance in a 43-35 loss to North Carolina made the visit well worth the trouble.

In the article he writes about three attributes that Glennon possesses: Arm talent, pocket presence and leadership. You should just read the article.

He also wrote some stuff about Glennon on twitter a week prior to going out to the game to watch him play:
@BuckyBrooks wrote:
Word on the Street: #NCSU QB Mike Glennon might be the 2nd QB (behind Geno Smith) off the board in the 2013 #NFL Draft

@BuckyBrooks wrote:

Scouts love his size and A+ arm talent. He is a better athlete than most expect, and he can make all of the pro throws

@BuckyBrooks wrote:

Scouts tell me he needs to improve his decisions under pressure, but he looks like a potential franchise QB

I think it's also important to note that he plays in a pro-style, west coast offense. This is the guy that NC State kicked Russell Wilson to the curb for. If we drafted him we'd meet our tall, doofy looking QB quota for a while.

Flame away. Interested in getting a decent look at him myself. When I've watched him he flashes.

Last edited by Meco on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Meco

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Wow QB hype comes and goes so fast and often unexpectedly. At the beginning of last season everyone was saying Tyler Bray would be the #1 pick in 2013, then it was Logan Thomas all offseason, then it was Geno, no it's this guy? I have no idea, we'll just have to wait and see. Either way I'm not a huge fan of Glennon or Barkley, I'd love Geno (nearly 0 chance of this) and wouldn't mind Wilson.

Here's the thing with this: Tyler Bray and Logan Thomas were never good.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is better about Glennon compared to Tyler Wilson or even Matt Barkley?

Also Bucky Brooks is a turd. Just saying

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
PowerElite

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame 6-5 252
My favorite receiving TE

Michael Williams TE Alabama 6-5 272
My favorite blocking TE

Corey Fuller WR Virginia Tech 6-2 196
Former college track guy who is just learning the position. Runs a 4.33 and doesn't look new to football.
JayAp07

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:

Michael Williams TE Alabama 6-5 272
My favorite blocking TE

What would you think about turning Williams into an OT. They did it with Jason Peters. He has the frame to add another 20-30 pounds and certainly is a good blocker.

2013 Philadelphia Eagles NFC East Champs
gator3guy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't get the Tyler Wilson hype. He's got a long release. That will get exposed at the next level.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gator3guy wrote:
I still don't get the Tyler Wilson hype. He's got a long release. That will get exposed at the next level.

Tyler Wilson has a good release, its not Romo or Marino type release, but it gets out of there, I mean a lot quicker than Leftwich. Plus, he's done it in the conference with the best pass rushers in college football and most speed, and still gets it out with plenty of time to spare. It will be fine in the NFL.
gator3guy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
gator3guy wrote:

Tyler Wilson has a good release, its not Romo or Marino type release, but it gets out of there, I mean a lot quicker than Leftwich. Plus, he's done it in the conference with the best pass rushers in college football and most speed, and still gets it out with plenty of time to spare. It will be fine in the NFL.

I'm talking more about the DB's breaking on it than anything. It's not as long as Leftwich's but he also doesn't have Leftwich's arm strength. Second round? Sure, but I wouldn't feel too good about making him my franchise QB. To be fair, I'm not that crazy about any QB at this point in the process. A lot of QB's grouped together. Should be fun to see the process play out, but a lot of questions need to be answered.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gator3guy wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
gator3guy wrote:

I'm talking more about the DB's breaking on it than anything. It's not as long as Leftwich's but he also doesn't have Leftwich's arm strength. Second round? Sure, but I wouldn't feel too good about making him my franchise QB. To be fair, I'm not that crazy about any QB at this point in the process. A lot of QB's grouped together. Should be fun to see the process play out, but a lot of questions need to be answered.

Well if your talking about DBs breaking on the football, look at the SEC DBs. Arguably the top 2 corners in this years draft in Jonathan Banks and Dee Milner play in the SEC, and Eric Reid, Tyrann Mathieu, Baccarri Rambo, Shawn Williams, Matt Elam, and Robert Lester are or were at some point seen as top 3 round prospects at some point or another . Last year, of the 8 DBs drafted in the first 2 rounds, 6 (including the first 4) played in the SEC.

He's gone against NFL caliber defensive backs (with NFL caliber pass rushers) and his release hasn't been an issue. Combine that with a strong arm, pocket presence and toughness in the pocket, and accuraccy around the field and you have a 1st round QB.
gator3guy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
gator3guy wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
gator3guy wrote:

Well if your talking about DBs breaking on the football, look at the SEC DBs. Arguably the top 2 corners in this years draft in Jonathan Banks and Dee Milner play in the SEC, and Eric Reid, Tyrann Mathieu, Baccarri Rambo, Shawn Williams, Matt Elam, and Robert Lester are or were at some point seen as top 3 round prospects at some point or another . Last year, of the 8 DBs drafted in the first 2 rounds, 6 (including the first 4) played in the SEC.

He's gone against NFL caliber defensive backs (with NFL caliber pass rushers) and his release hasn't been an issue. Combine that with a strong arm, pocket presence and toughness in the pocket, and accuraccy around the field and you have a 1st round QB.

Those are nice names and all, but he's never played Georgia or Florida and has only played Alabama and LSU once. Against, Alabama last year he got picked by DeQuan Menzie (an NFL pick). Against LSU he got picked by Morris Claiborne. So the SEC argument is good in theory, but when you take a deeper look, he hasn't exactly played those guys. His three best games this year came against Jacksonville St., Auburn, and Kentucky who are the worst 2 teams in the SEC. Yes he's faced NFL caliber DB's but he's been subpar against the best.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 1 of 100

Jump to: