Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should we bring back S. Moore?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Makes even more sense now that they released him since they traded for Talib.

Strange that they traded for Talib, considering that they don't usually get guys with baggage. They must really be desperate then.

Their window, it's closing. They didn't trade for a future 1st for the first time in a few years in this year's draft, now they're trading for a risky player at a position of huge need. They know it's now or never.

Their window isn't closing. As long as they have Brady, Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, and solid pass protection they'll always be super bowl contenders. They don't need a good defense to win a super bowl.

Yeah, that's what i'm saying. Brady is 35.
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Strange that they traded for Talib, considering that they don't usually get guys with baggage. They must really be desperate then.

Their window, it's closing. They didn't trade for a future 1st for the first time in a few years in this year's draft, now they're trading for a risky player at a position of huge need. They know it's now or never.

Their window isn't closing. As long as they have Brady, Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, and solid pass protection they'll always be super bowl contenders. They don't need a good defense to win a super bowl.

He's got atleast 3 elite years left. Window isn't closing yet. Brady hasn't really regressed much at all. Hell, look at Peyton, he looks as great as ever and he's 37 in a few months.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

He's got atleast 3 elite years left. Window isn't closing yet. Brady hasn't really regressed much at all. Hell, look at Peyton, he looks as great as ever and he's 37 in a few months.

It's not closed, it's closing. Which translates in living for today. I mean, didn't you notice them bringing in Ochocinco, Haynesworth, Carter, Lloyd and now trading for Talib, in the last couple of years?
When your star QB is 35, you start getting a little sense of urgency to get one more ring because once he's gone, there's no promise of good days ahead.
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

It's not closed, it's closing. Which translates in living for today. I mean, didn't you notice them bringing in Ochocinco, Haynesworth, Carter, Lloyd and now trading for Talib, in the last couple of years?
When your star QB is 35, you start getting a little sense of urgency to get one more ring because once he's gone, there's no promise of good days ahead.

Well, they've been trying to bring in WR's since 2008. Main one is Randy Moss. There is some sense of urgency now I suppose.

I guess my definition of window closing is losing a bunch of key players in the next season or two along with the ability to contend for deep playoff runs. I think Brady and all their key offensive players will be around for the next 5 years.

Well... I guess technically the window is always closing isn't it? The window is opened for a player when he enters the league, and slowly closes until he retires. Laughing

RaisinBran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, they didn't bring in Talib because they're window was closing.... they brought in Talib becaus Ras-I was injured.

oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Well, they've been trying to bring in WR's since 2008. Main one is Randy Moss. There is some sense of urgency now I suppose.

I guess my definition of window closing is losing a bunch of key players in the next season or two along with the ability to contend for deep playoff runs. I think Brady and all their key offensive players will be around for the next 5 years.

Well... I guess technically the window is always closing isn't it? The window is opened for a player when he enters the league, and slowly closes until he retires. Laughing

Main one? Only one sounds more like it. Unless you consider the bunch of no names they signed.

All the offensive players won't matter if they don't have a QB. You think Brady will play until he's 40? At the same level? Even if he does, i'm sure the Pats aren't banking on it.

It's wide open until you get to 30, then it starts closing. For QBs, it's a bit later.
Chali21

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Main one? Only one sounds more like it. Unless you consider the bunch of no names they signed.

All the offensive players won't matter if they don't have a QB. You think Brady will play until he's 40? At the same level? Even if he does, i'm sure the Pats aren't banking on it.

It's wide open until you get to 30, then it starts closing. For QBs, it's a bit later.

Well since their offense became elite epic level setting records they haven't been winning any Super Bowls. They where great when they had a great defense to go with their offense. That's why if they play the texans they're gonna get knocked out.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:

All of the above named players essentially cost the Pats nothing. A true act of desperation is when an organization begins to leverage it's future, via salary cap space or draft picks, to gamble on players with questionable work ethic (ie-Randy Moss trade), players on their last significant contract (ie- 30+) or simply outright overpaying (Palmer trade, Moss trade, Walker signing, etc etc).

The Pats are gambling with house money . . .

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Moore cleared waivers.... shocking! Rolling Eyes

Wish this guys name would disappear from the Raider forum. 31 teams denied him.... again. Shows how over the top some get about preseason players.

Usually I would be worried about picking up guys, especially young from the Patriots because they usually have players who only play good for them or busted draft picks.

However Moore played well before going to NE. He has several starts now and has position versatility. He can and has started at FS as well as CB. So moving forward especially if Huff is going to stay at CB it might be smart to sign a guy like this. I would rather have Moore who has already earned more starts than Francies.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

All of the above named players essentially cost the Pats nothing. A true act of desperation is when an organization begins to leverage it's future, via salary cap space or draft picks, to gamble on players with questionable work ethic (ie-Randy Moss trade), players on their last significant contract (ie- 30+) or simply outright overpaying (Palmer trade, Moss trade, Walker signing, etc etc).

It's not about what it costs, it's about making moves for those old guys to make a run. It's a short term approach the Pats didn't have a few years ago.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

It's not about what it costs, it's about making moves for those old guys to make a run. It's a short term approach the Pats didn't have a few years ago.

OK.

I'm not on the attack, I was just attempting to offer a perspective.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Wish this guys name would disappear from the Raider forum. 31 teams denied him.... again. Shows how over the top some get about preseason players.

Usually I would be worried about picking up guys, especially young from the Patriots because they usually have players who only play good for them or busted draft picks.

However Moore played well before going to NE. He has several starts now and has position versatility. He can and has started at FS as well as CB. So moving forward especially if Huff is going to stay at CB it might be smart to sign a guy like this. I would rather have Moore who has already earned more starts than Francies.

Same. What does Francies even do for us? Is he our PR or is he that fool who ran into our PR vs Atlanta? If he isn't a returner, I don't see what he brings to the table. Anyone can play ST. Sterling Moore even already did for us and he's been able to compete against starters so I don't see how it isn't an upgrade over a guy like Francies.

Seems like people get on their high horse for no reason when it comes to players we've cut.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Same. What does Francies even do for us? Is he our PR or is he that fool who ran into our PR vs Atlanta? If he isn't a returner, I don't see what he brings to the table. Anyone can play ST. Sterling Moore even already did for us and he's been able to compete against starters so I don't see how it isn't an upgrade over a guy like Francies.

Seems like people get on their high horse for no reason when it comes to players we've cut.

Ya he almost took Adams completley out of that game. Wasnt his first mistake on ST either. Now that Gordon is back and Bartell is coming back his days are likely numbered.
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

let resign Moore - he's back on Pats practise squad but that means we can sign him to our 53 right?

(as we can't get P.Lee back - signed with Detroit - lets get Moore)
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreadymatt wrote:
let resign Moore - he's back on Pats practise squad but that means we can sign him to our 53 right?

(as we can't get P.Lee back - signed with Detroit - lets get Moore)

I don't know what it is but it's obvious the FO feels handcuffed in some unknown way in terms of roster movement and/or money because they don't make many moves to shore up glaring weaknesses with the back end of the roster.

Bonez wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: