Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Does huff fill our need at corner
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JeremDizz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Does huff fill our need at corner Reply with quote

Ino for a fact everyone watching these games after the bye week that Michael Huff is playing much better at corner than he ever did at safety. I always thought that would be his naturnal position when he came out of texas. My question is with his stellar play at corner do we need to draft a corner in the 1st round or rather draft a position that of more glaring need like a potential elite pass rusher or a right tackle? Opinions?
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of if Huff is staying at corner or not, if all of the top pass rushers are off of the board, I'd still like for us to select Dee Milliner, Johnathan Banks, or Jordan Poyer with our first round pick. We need a young corner with the potential to be our number one corner within the next few years.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huff has filled the need temporarily... It's yet to be determined if he can make the full-time switch. So far though, he's been doing great.

I really want us to get a good pass rusher (DE) in this draft. We could really use one.

RT is also a big need. CB is yet to be determined because Bartell and Spencer have been hurt so we haven't really had time to judge them yet.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he keeps playing this good the DA needs to leave him there. Hes been on lockdown since the bye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love for Huff to remain at CB (he's cheap for an veteran CB) + resign Spencer, Bartell, Hanson & Lee, as long as they come with value. CB problem solved. I would rather Huff as a physical CB than a finesse FS. Huff wasn't a difference maker at FS anyways might as well let Gio (who makes the occassional pick) hold it down until someone beats him out.
Raidin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even Lee and Adams have looked good the last few weeks but I don't want them as starting cornerbacks so I'll hold off on Huff until the end of the season at least.

Baggabonez wrote:
I'd love for Huff to remain at CB (he's cheap for an veteran CB) + resign Spencer, Bartell, Hanson & Lee, as long as they come with value. CB problem solved. I would rather Huff as a physical CB than a finesse FS. Huff wasn't a difference maker at FS anyways might as well let Gio (who makes the occassional pick) hold it down until someone beats him out.

I'd nearly be able to do that.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

100% yes from me.

Huff is a natural CB. Last years staff said he was moving there this year. That was derailed. Looking like it shouldn't have been.

Read a quote on twitter that Bartell told Huff he would be a better CB and it's proving correct.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Even Lee and Adams have looked good the last few weeks but I don't want them as starting cornerbacks so I'll hold off on Huff until the end of the season at least.

Baggabonez wrote:

I'd nearly be able to do that.

Hold on, I'll get Reggie on the horn. You got representation? Nevermind, I'll get fret. He's a lawyer. That's close enough.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
100% yes from me.

Huff is a natural CB. Last years staff said he was moving there this year. That was derailed. Looking like it shouldn't have been.

Read a quote on twitter that Bartell told Huff he would be a better CB and it's proving correct.

And 6' CB's don't grow on trees. Except in Florida. As good as he may be doing now, we still have to make sure the money is right. If we were able to snag a few solid CB's in this draft, Huff would have to take a serious look at what he is being paid if he wants to stay.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:

bingo.
i knew lee would be the new cb on the block to shine. i would not be mad having lee and huff as our starting cb's.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's too early to say, but so far he's played well. CB's are much more valuable then FS's, so hopefully he can keep it up. I wonder how much help an off-season working as a CB full time would do for him.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll turn 30 and carry an 11M$ cap hit in 2013. So, no.
Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:

If he can continue to play good football, I think the front office will find a way to keep him for next season.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

If he can continue to play good football, I think the front office will find a way to keep him for next season.

Maybe but that sounds very risky considering his age and his lack of pro experience at the position. Even if he looks good for the rest of the season, it'll be only 3/4 of a season to base a decision on.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

Maybe but that sounds very risky considering his age and his lack of pro experience at the position. Even if he looks good for the rest of the season, it'll be only 3/4 of a season to base a decision on.

he is going up vrs some good wr's tho

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: