Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Beyond Reidemption mock
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Beyond Reidemption mock Reply with quote

So here is my first mock of the year. I'm not going to go into massive detail on each of the picks etc, but if you want to know the reasoning, then ask away.

Beyond Reidemption Mock

Personnel Moves

After a disastrous season where the Eagles stumble to a 5-11 record, Jeffrey Lurie fires Andy Reid along with the entire coaching staff. Lurie also reassigns GM Howie Roseman to a role in the organisation in charge of the salary cap and contract negotiations.

New General Manager – Marc Ross, Director of College Scouting, NY Giants

Head Coach – David Shaw, Head Coach, Stanford

Offensive Coordinator – John Morton, Wide Receivers Coach, San Francisco 49ers

Offensive Line Coach/Assistant Head Coach – Aaron Kromer, Offensive Line Coach, New Orleans Saints

Defensive Coordinator – Rex Ryan, Head Coach, New York Jets

Cuts/Not-resigned

Michael Vick

Jason Babin

Demetress Bell

Trent Edwards

Colt Anderson

Phillip Hunt

Daryl Tapp

Derek Landri

Our free agents

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

Jon Dorenbos

King Dunlap

Akeem Jordan

Free Agency

Jeff Faine (C)

Jim Leonhard (S)

Will Svitek (T)

William Moore (S)

Delanie Walker (TE)

Wallace Gilberry (DE)

Aubrayo Franklin (NT)

Pre Draft Trades

Philadelphia trades its 5th round pick to Detroit for QB Shaun Hill and their 7th round pick

Philadelphia trades WR Jason Avant to Cleveland for their 5th round pick

Draft

Philadelphia trades the 8th overall pick and the 72nd overall pick to Cleveland for the 6th overall pick and their 4th round pick

1-6 (from Cleveland) – Luke Joeckel T Texas A&M

2-8 – Chase Thomas OLB Stanford

Philadelphia trades their 4th round pick and their 2 6th round picks to New England for their 3rd round pick

3-26 (from New England) – Khaled Holmes C Southern California

4-6 (from Cleveland) – Aaron Mellette WR Elon

5-6 (from Cleveland) –AJ Klein LB Iowa State

Philadelphia trades its 7th round pick and their 2014 5th round pick to New Orleans for their 5th round pick

5-15 (from New Orleans) – Brandon Williams NT Missouri Southern

6-comp – Nick Kasa TE Colorado

6-comp – Jeff Locke P UCLA

Undrafted Rookies

Zach Boren FB Ohio State

Cody Davis S Texas Tech

Travis Howard CB Ohio State

Jordan Rodgers QB Vanderbilt

Earl Watford G James Madison

Comments please.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, plans are to be a man blocking WCO and a scheme diverse defense - looking to move towards the 34 in year 2 with this year as a transition year.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
PowerElite

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most interesting mock that I have seen in a while. I envy the Giants talent evaluation. So that was really thinking outside of the box. As far as players are concerned, I don't like most of the individuals added although I agree with the positions that they play. My most recent mock had many of the same positions added through free agency. I dislike the head coach hire. I don't see why anyone would consider him as an NFL head coach.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
The most interesting mock that I have seen in a while. I envy the Giants talent evaluation. So that was really thinking outside of the box. As far as players are concerned, I don't like most of the individuals added although I agree with the positions that they play. My most recent mock had many of the same positions added through free agency. I dislike the head coach hire. I don't see why anyone would consider him as an NFL head coach.

Fair enough.

We should really consider looking at Ross as a GM. He runs the Giants' draft. He has history with the Eagles (was the director of college scouting in the early 00s).

On HC, I've been going back and forth with who we should look at. In summary, I want a man blocking system with someone who plays physical defense.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:

Also, which players don't you like, and why?

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
PowerElite

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You added a free agent NT and a 34 coordinator but you resigned Akeem Jordan who now has no place on a 34 team or any team that ever runs any 34 formations. He's a true 43 WILL who the Eagles force to have "versatility" by simply playing him out of position. Kendricks will still be on this roster and he has no place in a 34. You can't have two LBs like that...

Wallace Gilberry is garbage. He had a single good season as a pass rushing 34 DE and now he's on his way out of the NFL. Camp body at best. He's a vastly undersized 34 DE. Do the Eagles need to travel down that road again with undersized players after firing Andy?

You draft an OT in the 1st round, sign an OT in free agency THEN resign King Dunlap? Rolling Eyes

Chase Thomas is very strong but he doesn't get after the QB like anyone that I would consider a 2nd round OLB.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
You added a free agent NT and a 34 coordinator but you resigned Akeem Jordan who now has no place on a 34 team or any team that ever runs any 34 formations. He's a true 43 WILL who the Eagles force to have "versatility" by simply playing him out of position. Kendricks will still be on this roster and he has no place in a 34. You can't have two LBs like that...

Wallace Gilberry is garbage. He had a single good season as a pass rushing 34 DE and now he's on his way out of the NFL. Camp body at best. He's a vastly undersized 34 DE. Do the Eagles need to travel down that road again with undersized players after firing Andy?

You draft an OT in the 1st round, sign an OT in free agency THEN resign King Dunlap? Rolling Eyes

Chase Thomas is very strong but he doesn't get after the QB like anyone that I would consider a 2nd round OLB.

Svitek would be purely there as a stop gap in case Joeckel wasn't ready - you don't want to hand him the job.

And anyway, if I didn't do those moves, we'd only have 1 tackle on the roster - the tackle who has just come back from a double achillies rupture.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
PowerElite

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:

And anyway, if I didn't do those moves, we'd only have 1 tackle on the roster - the tackle who has just come back from a double achillies rupture.

That's not a true statement.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:

So my depth chart would be:

Joeckel (Svitek) at LT
Peters (Dunlap) at RT

Given that I haven't posted that until now, how is it not a true statement?

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
baconrad3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol PE.....Chase Thomas is one of the best pass rushing OLBs of the 2nd round prospects. He also can drop into coverage and cover big WRs/tight ends given his size and speed. Id love him in the 2nd round whether we switch to a 3-4 or not. He can play inside or out in both schemes.

Id be ecstatic if we signed Moore at S......but I really really doubt Atlanta will let him go.

I'm curious....why do you think Shaw would be a good HC candidate? And you dontt have us taking a QB so I assune the new regime sticks with Foles?

I like the first three draft.picks...rest are meh. Pretty good revamping of the oline in this mock.

And one thought.....I like the idea of going.to a 3-4.especially if we have a DC like Rex....but my biggest problem is that our two best linebackers would be almost useless in it.....Thomas and Graham is a really really nice future 3-4 OLB duo though..

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
Lol PE.....Chase Thomas is one of the best pass rushing OLBs of the 2nd round prospects. He also can drop into coverage and cover big WRs/tight ends given his size and speed. Id love him in the 2nd round whether we switch to a 3-4 or not. He can play inside or out in both schemes.

Id be ecstatic if we signed Moore at S......but I really really doubt Atlanta will let him go.

I'm curious....why do you think Shaw would be a good HC candidate? And you dontt have us taking a QB so I assune the new regime sticks with Foles?

I like the first three draft.picks...rest are meh. Pretty good revamping of the oline in this mock.

And one thought.....I like the idea of going.to a 3-4.especially if we have a DC like Rex....but my biggest problem is that our two best linebackers would be almost useless in it.....Thomas and Graham is a really really nice future 3-4 OLB duo though..

I like Shaw as he seems to be one of these coaches who can relate to players. He's got significant NFL experience, and he's worked with QBs, which I like.

I have us sticking with Foles for this year, as basically the only QB I like in this draft is Barkley, and he's going to get overdrafted.

Our two best linebackers - Kendricks and Ryans? Well Kendricks played in the 34 defense at Cal and Ryans, I'm sure with him being back to full health will have a better year than last year. Anyway, I wouldn't expect us to be in the 34 full time this year.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
oland11

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got very mad when you decided to cut my man crushes Colt Anderson and Phillip Hunt. But when you signed Jim Leonhard, I suppose he is to replace Colt on ST?

What kind of college is Elon? I've never even heard of it.

The Draft is ok.

The UDFA, mainly just the FB who i'm going to get a man crush, on is good.

This mock gets a 7/10.
PowerElite

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:

Joeckel (Svitek) at LT
Peters (Dunlap) at RT

There are at least 3 tackles on the roster before your free agency and draft. You need to do your homework.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:

Joeckel (Svitek) at LT
Peters (Dunlap) at RT

There are at least 3 tackles on the roster before your free agency and draft. You need to do your homework.

Herremans? Nah he's a guard
Kelly? You really think he's a starter at T.

So where are these tackles?

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
I got very mad when you decided to cut my man crushes Colt Anderson and Phillip Hunt. But when you signed Jim Leonhard, I suppose he is to replace Colt on ST?

What kind of college is Elon? I've never even heard of it.

The Draft is ok.

The UDFA, mainly just the FB who i'm going to get a man crush, on is good.

This mock gets a 7/10.

Leonhard has played for Rex for ages - he's an upgrade over Anderson/Sims - when you have guys on your roster who are purely for ST, then you have trouble.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: