Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Terrance Knighton and Derek Cox
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Terrance Knighton and Derek Cox Reply with quote

Hey guys, Chiefs fan here. I wanted to get some opinions on two players I believe are slated to be free agents this upcoming offseason for the Jaguars : Terrance Knighton and Derek Cox.

What do you think are their chances of getting re-signed by the Jaguars?

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrance is all but gone.
Cox should be resigned to an incentive deal due to all of the injuries.

#JDI
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'd be nice to have both back but I don't see it happening. Cox is more likely to return that Knighton.

Also, I want to know how we're 17 million over the cap. Laughing

It's honestly just sad.

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:

What is your take on Knighton? I am wondering if he could project well to a Ryan Pickett-type of role in a 3-4 defensive scheme with Dontari Poe filling the B.J. Raji role. What are the strengths/weaknesses that you see in Knighton?

Also, do you think Cox will have interest in hitting the free agent market first to see what might be out there and then settling on an incentive laden deal with the Jaguars if he finds interest lukewarm on the open market?

Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:

What is your take on Knighton? I am wondering if he could project well to a Ryan Pickett-type of role in a 3-4 defensive scheme with Dontari Poe filling the B.J. Raji role. What are the strengths/weaknesses that you see in Knighton?

Also, do you think Cox will have interest in hitting the free agent market first to see what might be out there and then settling on an incentive laden deal with the Jaguars if he finds interest lukewarm on the open market?

Terrance isn't that wide-bodied 3-4 NT...he is just too good at getting through the line and penetrating (thats what she said)...he could play maybe a Jay Ratliff penetrating role, or he is also good enough to play 5T.

Cox won't, I think if we keep Gene, hell even if we don't, Cox is one of the best corners in the league, and while he may not max out this contract, he will still get the paid and have escalators/incentives to push it higher.

#JDI
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
It'd be nice to have both back but I don't see it happening. Cox is more likely to return that Knighton.

It's honestly just sad.

Yeah I don't even know and that is a slap in the face to know we could be that bad and have no money to show for it.

Knighton taking pop shots at fans isn't going to sit well with Shad and probably not Gene if he hasn't already gotten that contract.

#JDI
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:

It's honestly just sad.

Yeah I don't even know and that is a slap in the face to know we could be that bad and have no money to show for it.

Knighton taking pop shots at fans isn't going to sit well with Shad and probably not Gene if he hasn't already gotten that contract.

Yea, I mean, 1-8 and no talent yet we're over the cap by 17M? It's mind boggling.

Before this season, I'd say Terrance would have been a perfect NT in a 3-4. Was great at stopping the run but provided next to nothing when it came to rushing the passer. But as we know he lost weight this season, he's more nimble and is a better pass rusher but he isn't the same when it comes to stopping the run.

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:

It's honestly just sad.

Yea, I mean, 1-8 and no talent yet we're over the cap by 17M? It's mind boggling.

Before this season, I'd say Terrance would have been a perfect NT in a 3-4. Was great at stopping the run but provided next to nothing when it came to rushing the passer. But as we know he lost weight this season, he's more nimble and is a better pass rusher but he isn't the same when it comes to stopping the run.

I don't even know how we and I mean everyone around the team thought we were the least under the cap, but all of a sudden have the worst cap? (could it be all the rookie deals are up this year under the old contract rules?)

But I don't think he'd be a bad NT, but I think there are better options out there for a 34 NT then Knighton, I just don't see it working out, and if he doesn't want it, he is going to get lazy and get back overweight.

#JDI
Mr. V

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:

It's honestly just sad.

We are 17m over the league set cap. We carried a lot of cap room from the previous year so we're still under by the numbers I've seen on PFT (I just can't recall it off the top of my head).

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:

Terrance isn't that wide-bodied 3-4 NT...he is just too good at getting through the line and penetrating (thats what she said)...he could play maybe a Jay Ratliff penetrating role, or he is also good enough to play 5T.

Cox won't, I think if we keep Gene, hell even if we don't, Cox is one of the best corners in the league, and while he may not max out this contract, he will still get the paid and have escalators/incentives to push it higher.

Yeah, what I like about Knighton is exactly what you indicated - I envision him playing 5-tech in a more aggressive 1-gap scheme with the ability to two gap when needed.

iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the cap situation, my understanding is that we had several million dollars that we rolled over from last year. To make sure that didn't get lost, we front loaded contracts this year to take advantage of the extra cap space and put us in better position for future years.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:

It's honestly just sad.

What'd he say?

- Best since day one -
- Gus Bradley
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:

It's honestly just sad.

What'd he say?

Something about the fan base and there were a few tweets, comments.

#JDI
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing they got deleted?

All I'm seeing is
Quote:
Come on with the negativity and hate. Need more people to block and report as spam lol

and
Quote:
By all means I love jag fans, just wish u knew I'm as frustrated as u r. #jagnation

- Best since day one -
- Gus Bradley
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/JuniorG93/status/266998105944236033

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: