Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Future of the NY Jets (My wishes)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kilahchris

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: The Future of the NY Jets (My wishes) Reply with quote

I love the NY Jets. I have been a fan of green white ever since I was a small boy. late 80's early 90's. I have seen us go through Coaches and QB and talented players over the years. After the 2010 season I seen it was the closest we have gotten to the Super Bowl in many years.

Right now after 4 years of the Mark Sanchez\Rex Ryan era. I can say for certain Mark Sanchez is not our QB for the future. With that said I would love for everyone on this forum to tell me in what direction the NY Jets should go in for the immediate and long term future of this franchise. There are alot talented prospects next year like Geno Smith, Matt Barkley.

However, I feel this team was built to win and the one link that needs to be fixed is the QB. How do you guys feel if we traded maybe a draft pick or 2 for a guy like Tony Romo? or a veteran with better accuracy, leadership that can work with some of the talent we have on offense.

My wish list

1) Veteran QB
2) draft a QB to learn from the veteran to prepare for the job in 2 years
3) Overhaul the linebacking corp. PACE, SCOTT and Thomas should all be gone next year. Use free agency to tend to our linebacker needs as well as mid to late round draft picks for depth at LB.
4) Spend a early round pick on RB for the future. Marcus Lattimore comes to mind. We might be in the running to get him the first round if we finish this season at 7-9. I know he is hurt right now but he can and will recover.
(5) Upgrade Austin howard at RT. He has done a better job than Wayne Hunter but this is crucial position that still needs to be addressed.

This is my top 5. Please everyone feel free to chime in.
kbraun7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with all your points but i think getting rid of holmes and getting a new WR is a higher priority then upgrading RT

Also dont like picking Lattimore in the 1st or 2nd as he might never be the same or even come out
Heymangold

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

get 7-9 out of your mind. this team isn't winning more then 4 games.

i don't know of any good veteran QBs on the market that we can invest in for a couple seasons. with a top 5-10 pick, probably going to end up with a DE/OLB type.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say 7-9 is impossible. Rams, Jags, Cardinals, Bills, and Chargers are beatable.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not just post this in all the other threads dedicate to the direction we'd like to see the Jets go...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
I wouldn't say 7-9 is impossible. Rams, Jags, Cardinals, Bills, and Chargers are beatable.

Last weeks Jets and the ones that showed up for weeks 2-4, might not win another game, but the ones that showed weeks 1, 5-7, could win 6 or 7. Depends on which team shows up but I agree 7 wins is not out of the question.

I'm against getting a vet QB. The good ones are staying where they are and look at Seattle spending all that money on Flynn and he couldn't beat out a third round rookie.

Of all today's starting QBs about 75% were drafted top 36. The only one of this years prospects that I would take that high would be Smith. However, I'd rather see us get a new qb coach (some here have mentioned Pennington) and give Sanchez one more year since we're going to pay him anyway. I would also like to pick up one in the 3-5 range and hope we get a Schaub or Brady. Getting someone of that caliber is rare, (the other late round starters are Hasselback, Fitzgerald,etc) so in 2014 Qb might become our #1 priority.

In this coming draft I'd like to see us make an OLB our first pick followed by OG, RB, WR, naturally depending on who's available and who we get in free agency. I could be wrong but I think what we did to Stanton will hurt our ability to sign FA. It sort of indicated that our current FO can't be trusted

After this year we need to cut Scott, Thomas, Pace, Holmes, Wilson, Maybin, Tebow imo none of them will be missed. The rest of this year I want us to use the younger, faster players. I want to see what Coples, Davis, Dowtin, Allen, etc can do.
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to pull a NE patriots and trade back like 3 times. We have soo many holes to fill.

#1 i believe is a dynamic RB. If we are going to ground and pound we cant have a guy with a 0.1 YAC.
#2 speed a ILB and/or OLB
#3 opposite choice of #2
#4 OG (could be a vet or a 2nd or 3rd rounder)
#5 more speedy safety or more OL depth. All the great teams have a solid OL. We wont be able to run or pass with our current OL.

The reason I didnt put a QB or WR is because we are stuck with their crappy contracts (thanks tanny). Both those positions need to be addressed in the 2014 draft.
jetfuel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: The Future of the NY Jets (My wishes) Reply with quote

kilahchris wrote:
I love the NY Jets. I have been a fan of green white ever since I was a small boy. late 80's early 90's. I have seen us go through Coaches and QB and talented players over the years. After the 2010 season I seen it was the closest we have gotten to the Super Bowl in many years.

Right now after 4 years of the Mark Sanchez\Rex Ryan era. I can say for certain Mark Sanchez is not our QB for the future. With that said I would love for everyone on this forum to tell me in what direction the NY Jets should go in for the immediate and long term future of this franchise. There are alot talented prospects next year like Geno Smith, Matt Barkley.

However, I feel this team was built to win and the one link that needs to be fixed is the QB. How do you guys feel if we traded maybe a draft pick or 2 for a guy like Tony Romo? or a veteran with better accuracy, leadership that can work with some of the talent we have on offense.

My wish list

1) Veteran QB
2) draft a QB to learn from the veteran to prepare for the job in 2 years
3) Overhaul the linebacking corp. PACE, SCOTT and Thomas should all be gone next year. Use free agency to tend to our linebacker needs as well as mid to late round draft picks for depth at LB.
4) Spend a early round pick on RB for the future. Marcus Lattimore comes to mind. We might be in the running to get him the first round if we finish this season at 7-9. I know he is hurt right now but he can and will recover.
(5) Upgrade Austin howard at RT. He has done a better job than Wayne Hunter but this is crucial position that still needs to be addressed.

This is my top 5. Please everyone feel free to chime in.

I thought we had a better chance with Bill Parcells and the Jets against Denver. Jets were up 10-0 at half and lost. That stupid fumble by Keith Byers still hurst today.
I hate to say it but the only QB hope I see is Landry Jones or Matt Barkley. I think these are the only two QB's that have a chance to start. Geno Smith is garbage. Don't but into the hype jet fans.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two new OLB's and two new run blocking OG's are my top priority. A new QB, RB, and 2nd TE would be great too but not the biggest issues.

The jury is still out but I'm not loving any of these QB's which is why I think we should attack other areas first and give Sanchez or dare I say Tebow one last shot next year before drafting a replacement the following year.

Edit: I am keeping an eye on one guy though (Landry Jones) big guy with a big arm. I guess if I had to pick a QB in this draft I'd look at him the closest.

Props to Mack on the sig
RDawg10

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lattimore is now a 5th-7th round pick. Hes fragile now and might actually be a decent gamble at that point.

Let me just say also i was so high on this guy before last weeks injury but quite honestly that injury may have ruined his career.. crap happens.
RDawg10

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and also I would be interested in trading a 2nd for a good veteran quarterback. We need a proven veteran and leader. Somebody that can stretch the field and Romo would be a guy that i would be interested in but im not interested in giving up a lot of picks.

We need to rebuild the offensive line and get a game changing running back. Someone that is elusive and can catch the ball. Kenjon Barner in my mind is probably the best option now.

One guy id keep in eye on though is Kasey Carrier... Every year i pick out a guy that i think will be a sleeper and a stud in the nfl. I raved all last year about Casey Hayward... who went in the late 2nd round and 4 interceptions already. This year its Kasey Carrier, maybe one of the shiftiest guys in college football. If he comes out i expect him to be something special
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben Tate could possibly be a trade target. He is having a down year, so the asking price might not be high.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
BenchSanchez

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to higher a Billick, Cower, Gruden, or someone else with a very strong personality and leadership skills.

New York Jets Rutgers Scarlet Knights Brooklyn Nets New York Mets
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as we get rid of Sanchez and get another QB and maybe a first round wide receiver like Marcuise Lee this team will be fine on offense. They just can't succeed with a leader like Mark Sanchez.
BenchSanchez

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
As long as we get rid of Sanchez and get another QB and maybe a first round wide receiver like Marcuise Lee this team will be fine on offense. They just can't succeed with a leader like Mark Sanchez.

We need a run game. Greene is garbage.

New York Jets Rutgers Scarlet Knights Brooklyn Nets New York Mets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: