Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lombardi
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ditchdigger


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 16246
Location: Gahanna, OH
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
mtmmike wrote:
did mikey ever draft a all star?


Nope...


His best 1st round pick was probabaly Robert Gallery who pick over Big Ben When oakland needed a QB.

Gallery end up moving from LT to LG and becoming a journeyman middle of the road guard.

There are guys on boards that I go to/contribute I'd want hired befor this a$$ clown.

This SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not the draft I want a new GM on.


He had no say in the Oakland War Room.

As Grossi said in his latest hit-piece on Lombardi (a must read: CLICK HERE), his only talent was "memorizing heights, weights, 40 times and scouting reports written by others".
_________________

#FreeJoshGordon
BwickBrownie wrote:
looks like Ditch's infinite wisdom is correct again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Entropy


Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Posts: 2736
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
mtmmike wrote:
did mikey ever draft a all star?


Nope...


His best 1st round pick was probabaly Robert Gallery who pick over Big Ben When oakland needed a QB.

Gallery end up moving from LT to LG and becoming a journeyman middle of the road guard.

There are guys on boards that I go to/contribute I'd want hired befor this a$$ clown.

This SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not the draft I want a new GM on.


Al Davis was the GM of the Raiders, I'm not really sure what Lombardi actually did for Raiders back then...I'd be suprised if anyone really knows Laughing

But yeah, this would be a great time to have Heckert making the picks.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mistakebytehlak


Joined: 20 Nov 2005
Posts: 44500
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:
I don't typically like some of Tony Grossi's stuff, but I think he hit the nail on the head with this article. I do not like Lombardi, I think he's a scrub who got by with other peoples information and turned it into a few minor stints with NFL teams before they caught on to him. He's a complete joke and this franchise would be taking a major step back if he in fact does become the new GM

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=17&post_id=9031


dude lol
IIRC when Tony Grossi got fired from the PD, Lombardi at PFW stuck up for him (as he's one of the contributors)
Tony Grossi apparently does not feel the same way

lol first thing I've liked out of Grossi's mouth in years

and THIS
THIS IS WHY I WAS PISSED LERNER WAS SELLING

...IT CAN ALWAYS GET WORSE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NickZambo


Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 1540
Location: Pittsburgh Browns Backin'
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkPrice25 wrote:
Quote:
I heard Lombardi's name again today on 92.3. Allegedly...Banner will hire him as a GM and the next coach will be a high profile College guy.


Michael Lombardi GM
Nick Saban HC

Someone's got Browns 95 on the brain...


PLEASE GOD KEEP HECKERT!!!!!

[conspiracy theory] Saban is leaving Bama'/SEC after he wins the Natl Championship to come to Cleveland which is why Bret Bielema is leaving Wisconsin to join Arkansas and the SEC...Power shift[/conspiracy theory]

No really though...

I would love to see Arizona fire Whisenhunt and the Browns to pick him up. He took the Cards to the superbowl with a 30+ year old QB...And if Dallas fires Jason Garrett, I say that is your new OC. Hate to see Jauron go, but I cant see him being retained.

HC - Ken Whisenhunt
OC - Jason Garrett
DC - Mel Tucker
_________________


Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Reginaldm9


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 3557
Location: Kent State University
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:


HC - Ken Whisenhunt
OC - Jason Garrett
DC - Mel Tucker


That coaching lineup would be excellent. Unfortunately, I think your conspiracy theory is much more likely Sad
_________________


Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ether


Joined: 16 Aug 2011
Posts: 1900
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
Straight from Banner's mouth:

Quote:
Q: Jason LaCanfora of CBS Sports reported you're considering former Browns personnel executive Mike Lombardi. True?

A: Since I haven't even decided whether I'm keeping the people that are here, at best it's wild speculation and in this case it's unfounded. Somebody's taking a shot in the dark.


http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/11/cleveland_browns_ceo_joe_banne_1.html


He is going to be the sole decider of who stays?

That's the way he made it sound. Jimmy Haslem seems like a great guy and extremely committed, but I'm already uncomfortable with the Banner hire. He was chased out of Philly and has VERY spotty football credentials. Haslem is clearly a lovable guy with great business success, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's going to be immune to mistakes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ether


Joined: 16 Aug 2011
Posts: 1900
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
TeHDruiD wrote:
I don't typically like some of Tony Grossi's stuff, but I think he hit the nail on the head with this article. I do not like Lombardi, I think he's a scrub who got by with other peoples information and turned it into a few minor stints with NFL teams before they caught on to him. He's a complete joke and this franchise would be taking a major step back if he in fact does become the new GM

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=17&post_id=9031


dude lol
IIRC when Tony Grossi got fired from the PD, Lombardi at PFW stuck up for him (as he's one of the contributors)
Tony Grossi apparently does not feel the same way

lol first thing I've liked out of Grossi's mouth in years

and THIS
THIS IS WHY I WAS PISSED LERNER WAS SELLING

...IT CAN ALWAYS GET WORSE


Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

I didn't think Lerner was a good owner, I thought he was mediocre at best but I appreciated his willingness to accept he had no idea how to manage a team and that he knew he had to delegate. This just created so much uncertainty in a time that for once it seems like we have been able to draft correctly (although I hate the product on the field). But at least we had one thing right...now? Who knows....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mistakebytehlak


Joined: 20 Nov 2005
Posts: 44500
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

since 99 we've never had a DL this good, we've only had a OL this good once (2007), and a sad to say, but a QB undoubtedly this good once or twice (2007 and 2002--- cant remember couch in 01)

and we're freaking young

IMO this team has no where to go but up, and had Holmy seen another year here, I think they woulda made the playoffs under his presidency
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hornbybrown


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 15364
Location: 1600 Pennyslvania Ave
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
since 99 we've never had a DL this good, we've only had a OL this good once (2007), and a sad to say, but a QB undoubtedly this good once or twice (2007 and 2002--- cant remember couch in 01)

and we're freaking young

IMO this team has no where to go but up, and had Holmy seen another year here, I think they woulda made the playoffs under his presidency


Agree with everything you said.

We have never been in a better spot to take the NFL by storm. But it can still go either way. I so hope we keep Heckert.

As far as Couch as a QB goes. He is IMO easily the best we have had since we came back. I remember him and he was good but had rubbish around him.
I wish there was away to go back in time and see what would of happened to Couch had he gone to the eagles and we selected McNabb instead.
I think Couch wins a superbowl/s with the eagles.
_________________


Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 41724
Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to touch on a little of what MBTL said give our defense one more offseason of adding some studs and they could be special next year. Give us a thoroughbred stud RDE and a solid #2 CB and they will be a force. I can live with a hole at safety.
_________________

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TeHDruiD


Joined: 01 Jan 2010
Posts: 6923
Location: Canton, OH
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I think about it, the more I'd be happy to see the offense convert to a zone blocking scheme. Richardson is extremely patient and he has the ability to hit the hole with authority when it's actually there. I feel like he'd be tailor made for that type of system. Not only that, but it causes defenses to stay on their heels because they don't know if a run or pass is coming.

We already have a fairly athletic OL with Thomas and Mack, and we're likely going to be looking at some guards in the very near future. What do you guys think about the ZBS?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dropkick_pride


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 10805
Location: C-bus
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:
The more I think about it, the more I'd be happy to see the offense convert to a zone blocking scheme. Richardson is extremely patient and he has the ability to hit the hole with authority when it's actually there. I feel like he'd be tailor made for that type of system. Not only that, but it causes defenses to stay on their heels because they don't know if a run or pass is coming.

We already have a fairly athletic OL with Thomas and Mack, and we're likely going to be looking at some guards in the very near future. What do you guys think about the ZBS?



ZBS? Ive been for it for a long time... well before Mangini came to town.

It just makes sense to me. Every position on the field is getting more athletic and the speed of the players and the game continues to increase. IMO, sticking with the traditional fat slow OL will only lead to failure.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dropkick_pride


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 10805
Location: C-bus
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
since 99 we've never had a DL this good, we've only had a OL this good once (2007), and a sad to say, but a QB undoubtedly this good once or twice (2007 and 2002--- cant remember couch in 01)

and we're freaking young

IMO this team has no where to go but up, and had Holmy seen another year here, I think they woulda made the playoffs under his presidency



Wow, I agree with mistake...

anyone check the temp in hell today? Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
braylonsHands


Joined: 16 Sep 2008
Posts: 1312
Location: Cleveland
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very happy that this information leaked out. If it is true and they still hire them after hearing what this fanbase thinks, we know what direction the team is going and ticket sales will fall.

Thanks to the local media, any potential deal should be dead.
_________________


Skipping over sleeper43 posts since 4/19/09
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
dawgdish


Joined: 20 Jan 2005
Posts: 2342
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

braylonsHands wrote:
I am very happy that this information leaked out. If it is true and they still hire them after hearing what this fanbase thinks, we know what direction the team is going and ticket sales will fall.

Thanks to the local media, any potential deal should be dead.


I for one hope the ownership doesn't listen to the fan base at all - that's was one of Lerner's big problems, IMO. I do hope they listen to their common sens, and don't even go anywhere near interviewing Lombardi, let alone offering him a job; not because we are outraged, but because no sane football mind would conceive of him being a better GM than Heckert.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group