Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lombardi
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BwickBrownie wrote:
Am i correct in feeling that every week that passes in which Heckert is still with the team, the better the chances are that Banner / Haslam have decided to keep him? I'm sure I don't need to go into why it's more important to hire a new GM now than wait until the offseason, but I just get the feeling that if Heckert is here come college bowl season, he'll be kept.

I don't think they would fire anyone midseason.

#JDI
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
Am i correct in feeling that every week that passes in which Heckert is still with the team, the better the chances are that Banner / Haslam have decided to keep him? I'm sure I don't need to go into why it's more important to hire a new GM now than wait until the offseason, but I just get the feeling that if Heckert is here come college bowl season, he'll be kept.

I know that makes sense with coaches and even some front office staffers, but wouldnt the next GM be seriously behind the 8 ball if they waited to bring him in until the off season? Right now it seems like a GM should be getting pretty deep in college scouting, preliminary draft board work, off-season prioritizing/strategizing, etc. so keeping Heckert only to drop him after the season is over really seems like a bad idea to me.
I'll admit that maybe there is an angle that I'm not seeing, but it just doesnt add up to me to keep him on, unless they really don't know what to do with him yet.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BwickBrownie wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:

I know that makes sense with coaches and even some front office staffers, but wouldnt the next GM be seriously behind the 8 ball if they waited to bring him in until the off season? Right now it seems like a GM should be getting pretty deep in college scouting, preliminary draft board work, off-season prioritizing/strategizing, etc. so keeping Heckert only to drop him after the season is over really seems like a bad idea to me.
I'll admit that maybe there is an angle that I'm not seeing, but it just doesnt add up to me to keep him on, unless they really don't know what to do with him yet.

I just know that Haslem said no changes mid season.

I hope you are right and they keep Heckert. He's legit

#JDI
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:

I just know that Haslem said no changes mid season.

I hope you are right and they keep Heckert. He's legit

Agreed... and I don't want to turn this into another "should heckert stay or go" thread, it was just something that was weighing on my mind after I read the Lombardi (whom I also do not want) article. I just think there is some merit to the notion that them not having gotten rid of Heckert yet is a good sign they may keep him moving forward.
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Straight from Banner's mouth:

Quote:
Q: Jason LaCanfora of CBS Sports reported you're considering former Browns personnel executive Mike Lombardi. True?

A: Since I haven't even decided whether I'm keeping the people that are here, at best it's wild speculation and in this case it's unfounded. Somebody's taking a shot in the dark.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/11/cleveland_browns_ceo_joe_banne_1.html

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD
big poppa pump

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard Lombardi's name again today on 92.3. Allegedly...Banner will hire him as a GM and the next coach will be a high profile College guy.

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big poppa pump wrote:
I heard Lombardi's name again today on 92.3. Allegedly...Banner will hire him as a GM and the next coach will be a high profile College guy.

Rumors... Writers making up stories because they have nothing to do to justify their paycheck.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:

Rumors... Writers making up stories because they have nothing to do to justify their paycheck.

Thats what people said about Howard Eskin reporting the Browns will be sold and Joe Banner will be involved two months before it ... actually happened

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:

Thats what people said about Howard Eskin reporting the Browns will be sold and Joe Banner will be involved two months before it ... actually happened

That's what worries the [inappropriate/removed] out of me about this.

Where there is smoke...

#JDI
big poppa pump

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy spewing this is Hub Arkush from Pro Football Weekly. I'm not sure how accurate his predictions are.

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:

Hopefully, it's more like the rumor that Haslam was gonna give an ownership stake in the Browns to Gruden, so he'll coach at UTenn.

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD
MarkPrice25

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Michael Lombardi GM
Nick Saban HC

Someone's got Browns 95 on the brain...

https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0001/0001_01.asp
TeHDruiD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't typically like some of Tony Grossi's stuff, but I think he hit the nail on the head with this article. I do not like Lombardi, I think he's a scrub who got by with other peoples information and turned it into a few minor stints with NFL teams before they caught on to him. He's a complete joke and this franchise would be taking a major step back if he in fact does become the new GM

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=17&post_id=9031
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:
I don't typically like some of Tony Grossi's stuff, but I think he hit the nail on the head with this article. I do not like Lombardi, I think he's a scrub who got by with other peoples information and turned it into a few minor stints with NFL teams before they caught on to him. He's a complete joke and this franchise would be taking a major step back if he in fact does become the new GM

Quote:
He responded: “We have it confidentially from very good sources close to the story that Mike is a strong front-runner for the job. If you work (your) way backwards you'll find a Banner/Lombardi connection in Philly. Problem is Tom Heckert still has the job and if he's fired then there's the Rooney rule . . . But we believe once the dust settles it'll be Mike.”

If we hire Michael Lombardi I am done.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
TeHDruiD wrote:

Quote:
He responded: “We have it confidentially from very good sources close to the story that Mike is a strong front-runner for the job. If you work (your) way backwards you'll find a Banner/Lombardi connection in Philly. Problem is Tom Heckert still has the job and if he's fired then there's the Rooney rule . . . But we believe once the dust settles it'll be Mike.”

If we hire Michael Lombardi I am done.

This is where I normally tell you to step back from the ledge....

Instead, I shall approach it with you.

HE IS SO BAD

HOW COULD BANNER AND HASLEM NOT SEE THIS.

You normally look at a Resume before hiring.

Could their be a worse Resume in the league?

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: