Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 off-season and mock draft..
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhinFan52

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: 2013 off-season and mock draft.. Reply with quote

we sign .. Dwayne Bowe WR... and re-sign Sean Smith..

we sign Cliff Avril DE.. he'll be 27 next season.. and has good pass-rushing skills (20 sack in first 32 starts) .. not sure about the Long re-signing.. but I belive we will....

DRAFT...................

RD1- BARRETT JONES.. OL.. Alabama... 6'5" 311.. can play any pos. on OL... maybe LT if we don't bring Long back... OG of we do

RD2- DEMONTRE MOORE... DE/OLB... Texas A&M... 6'4" 250
52 tkls.. 15 tfl.. 8.5 sacks this season... nice rotation of young DE's
Wake.. Avril...Moore..

RD2- DEANDRE HOPKINS.. WR... Clemson.. 6'1" 200..
last yr had 72 rec. 978 yrds.. 5 tds... this yr so far..
52 rec.. 845 yrds..9 tds

RD3- JOSEPH FAURIA.. TE.. UCLA... 6'7" 255....
good blocker.. good hands.. big target

RD3- OMOREGIE UZZI... OG.. Georgia Tech.. 6'3" 300
good fit for ZBS.. has no problem blocking at 2nd lvl..

RD4- NICO JOHNSON... ILB.. Alabama... 6'3" 245
we need depth at LB

RD5- KENJON BARNER... RB... Oregon.. 5'11" 196
so far this yr.. 605 yrds.. 9tds.. 6.3 YPC

RD6- SANDERS COMMINGS... CB/S .... Georgia.. 6'2" 216

RD7- ANDRE DEBOSE.. WR.. Florida... 5'11" 192
phinmun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll say it again...if we add to our D-line with draft picks, especially high ones, I'll be absolutely shocked. Nobody is talking about Vernon right now who in my mind is the leading candidate to start in 2013 at RDE.

That makes the odds of a premier FA low. It also makes the odds of a high round DE selection low. I also don't believe that Avril will leave the Lions for whatever that's worth.

A+ on Hopkins though! Smile
Deets

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we've spent enough high picks on offensive linemen. Lets just tag Long and be done with it. Find a playmaker for cornerback, wide receiver, tight end or something in the pass rush. We're at a point where we should be completely serious about the BPA thing.

FF Member #67
PhinFan52

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hight draft picks ? I figure we be picking around 18-21..... which is a good spot for an OL... and Moore is a 2nd rd'er... I like Avril at DE.. him on one side Wake on the other would be beast... if we lose Starks.. we could Move Odrick inside to DT.. which is why IMO we would need a 3rd DE... but also Moore had great production from OLB spot aswell in 2011... We need a RG... and I wouldn't mind a LG aswell.. Jones can fit into any system.. Zone-Blocking wouldn't be a problem.. Same with Uzzi...
pope137

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think jones fits this system then please pass whatever it is.

I like jones don't get me wrong.

Also if we take anything outside of a playmaker(pass rush included) I may vomit.

I get tired of comparing us and other teams but. Greenbay has been doing just fine without top lineman. You can't seriously expect to ever build up 5 top tier lineman. It just doesn't make sense with other needs an not worth the rental pick. We aren't going to ever have the cap to keep five studs.

Give me a playmaker in round 1. 2nd or 3rd round use a couple picks on lineman. But this team needs playmakers to make that next jump to elite. We are so close and playmakers would put us there.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some time I always thought the 1st round pick would be in the top 15, but if the Dolphins continue to push the way they have been then we are looking closer to 20.

1st round should be best player available...forget position and needs....pick up the best guy on the teams board.

Do I want the Dolphins to pick a OL in the first round? No, but the guard position does need to be addressed at some point early.
phinmun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We aren't taking a Guard in the 1st round. Not in this offense. No way.

I won't buy into any Mock off-season that has us utilizing FA in a big way. I've made my statements regarding that topic and to reiterate we're not in a position to expect this team to go after anyone of significant value, offense or defense. We'll be drafting who ever we need over the next couple seasons.

I'm not opposed to adding a DE if we lose Starks which I think we will. I believe Odrick will likely get kicked inside to allow Vernon (the obvious choice) to step into a starting role at RDE.

We definitely need more depth but that isn't going to come from a high pick. 2nd round, possibly but I don't think there's any way we draft OL & DL with our 1st 2 picks.
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a team like Miami the first round needs to reserved for either a starting caliber pass rusher, corner or WR. The first 3 picks need to be used in those areas unless we sign a big pass rusher or corner. Otherwise we need to BPA and build depth in weak areas (OL, TE, WR, LB, S)

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
Clutch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have been extremely luck with the injury bug, knock on wood. This team lacks depth in alot of areas.

WR still has to be a concern. Yes there are some guys that suit up, we the unit as a whole isn't a real strength to the team.

TE also needs an upgrade. I like Fasano and I am not against going two TE but we need Egnew or to address the position. It helps so much in the red zone.

LB, need more/better players to add to the unit. Can you imagine losing Burnett or Dansby right now, it would get weak really fast.

CB, can never have too many.

OL, just some depth.

After WR/TE, I think BPA should fit this team. I am guessing we are going to pick in the 22-30 range. Strong, so far, in 2 phases with offense being the weakest link. They are getting better with each week.
PhinFan52

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pope137 wrote:

Jones has done a superb job of developing his technique. He has honed it in practice while going up against many future NFL linemen like Courtney Upshaw, Josh Chapman, Jesse Williams and Marcell Dareus.

As a run blocker, Jones has the strength to push defensive linemen around at the point of attack. He is a good drive blocker to be a power-man blocker (( with the mobility to hit blocks on the second level. Jones could fit as a zone blocker or in a power-man blocking scheme as a pro ))

With Jones' versatility, it isn't unreasonable to think that he could start at any of the five positions on the offensive line in the NFL, although it is hard to say what his best position would be right now.

can you say your happy with the OG's.. and what if we don't throw crazy money at Long.. who alot of you on here say isn't a ZBS guy ??
PhinFan52

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:
For a team like Miami the first round needs to reserved for either a starting caliber pass rusher, corner or WR. The first 3 picks need to be used in those areas unless we sign a big pass rusher or corner. Otherwise we need to BPA and build depth in weak areas (OL, TE, WR, LB, S)

signing FA WR D. Bowe.. and FA DE C. Avril would allow us to not have to take a chance on a rookie WR or DE...
PhinFan52

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phinmun wrote:
We aren't taking a Guard in the 1st round. Not in this offense. No way.

I won't buy into any Mock off-season that has us utilizing FA in a big way. I've made my statements regarding that topic and to reiterate we're not in a position to expect this team to go after anyone of significant value, offense or defense. We'll be drafting who ever we need over the next couple seasons.

I'm not opposed to adding a DE if we lose Starks which I think we will. I believe Odrick will likely get kicked inside to allow Vernon (the obvious choice) to step into a starting role at RDE.

We definitely need more depth but that isn't going to come from a high pick. 2nd round, possibly but I don't think there's any way we draft OL & DL with our 1st 2 picks.

I guess it depends on how many millions we are will to pay Long .....
turftoe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhinFan52 wrote:
pope137 wrote:

Jones has done a superb job of developing his technique. He has honed it in practice while going up against many future NFL linemen like Courtney Upshaw, Josh Chapman, Jesse Williams and Marcell Dareus.

As a run blocker, Jones has the strength to push defensive linemen around at the point of attack. He is a good drive blocker to be a power-man blocker (( with the mobility to hit blocks on the second level. Jones could fit as a zone blocker or in a power-man blocking scheme as a pro ))

With Jones' versatility, it isn't unreasonable to think that he could start at any of the five positions on the offensive line in the NFL, although it is hard to say what his best position would be right now.

can you say your happy with the OG's.. and what if we don't throw crazy money at Long.. who alot of you on here say isn't a ZBS guy ??

Do you always plagiarize Walter?

"As a run blocker, Jones has the strength to push defensive linemen around at the point of attack. He is a good drive blocker to be a power-man blocker with the mobility to hit blocks on the second level. Jones could fit as a zone blocker or in a power-man blocking scheme as a pro.

Jones is rock steady in pass protection. He is quick and shuffles his feet with speed rushers while having the powerful base to stand up bull rushers. Jones really did well at left tackle in 2011, and considering the need for the position in the NFL, some teams could consider him to be their blind-side protector.

With Jones' versatility, it isn't unreasonable to think that he could start at any of the five positions on the offensive line in the NFL, although it is hard to say what his best position would be right now. " -Walter Cherepinsky

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2013bjones.php

I do agree though, he'd be a great pick in the 20's even if Long is resigned, providing the ability to start at guard but also replace Long, Martin or Pouncey if there's an injury.

I like the argument, but say it in your own words dude!
PhinFan52

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turftoe wrote:
PhinFan52 wrote:
pope137 wrote:

Do you always plagiarize Walter?

"As a run blocker, Jones has the strength to push defensive linemen around at the point of attack. He is a good drive blocker to be a power-man blocker with the mobility to hit blocks on the second level. Jones could fit as a zone blocker or in a power-man blocking scheme as a pro.

Jones is rock steady in pass protection. He is quick and shuffles his feet with speed rushers while having the powerful base to stand up bull rushers. Jones really did well at left tackle in 2011, and considering the need for the position in the NFL, some teams could consider him to be their blind-side protector.

With Jones' versatility, it isn't unreasonable to think that he could start at any of the five positions on the offensive line in the NFL, although it is hard to say what his best position would be right now. " -Walter Cherepinsky

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2013bjones.php

I do agree though, he'd be a great pick in the 20's even if Long is resigned, providing the ability to start at guard but also replace Long, Martin or Pouncey if there's an injury.

I like the argument, but say it in your own words dude!

no.. but when I'm told I'm wrong about a player... I like to show .. I may not be the only one thinking he can do well in a ZBS.. ... Maybe you need to read the posts from top to bottom... and BTW it was
Barrett Jones 2012 Preview
By Charlie Campbell
turftoe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good call on Charlie Campbell, my bad. And I agree, I think both Jones and Long will be fine in a zone scheme. As for Bowe, I would imagine KC won't let him walk, so it would probably take a tag-and-trade which I wouldn't be interested in. But it's completely possible Avril isn't re-signed, as Detroit has good depth on the D-line. I'd love to see him in a Dolphins jersey, assuming it wouldn't take 30 mil guaranteed, or something crazy like that

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: