Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Baltimore Ravens vs. Oakland Raiders
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Baltimore Ravens vs. Oakland Raiders Reply with quote

Baltimore Ravens

Vs

Oakland Raiders

Feature:
This is a QB driven league and that matchup will be even more under a microscope with this game. Palmer has been the guiding force over in Oakland, carrying a team that outside of him has been terrible at worst and inconsistent at worst. The Raiders will be facing a Ravens defense that has looked awfully susceptible to the pass. Unlike the Browns, the Raiders won't be afraid to put their faith in Palmer and the passing attack more often than not. Had Cleveland did that more last week, they probably win. The Raiders will do wellto attack our secondary until proven it can't work...and they can't get huge gains from it.

On the other side we have Joe Flacco. The guy has utterly been destroying teams when playing at home. He's playing against a Raiders defense that has truly struggled this season. Rice/Pierce should see a lot of carries for balance, but Flacco could really explode in this game and get his numbers back on track.

This game could turn out to be a shoot out- and I think it will be. No stats, key players, and injury report (on vacation). Final score prediction: 37-27.

Flacco: 25-37, 343 yds, 9.27 avg, 3 TDs, 1 INT
Palmer: 31-47, 379 yds, 8.06 avg, 2 TDs, 2 INTs

So who will win gents? The raiding Birds or the ravenous barbarians? What say you?!

Last edited by diamondbull424 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Integrity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until they give me a reason not too, I will always bet on the Ravens playing at home.

Carson Palmer has always given the Ravens problems in the past, but he's never done it completely alone. He's always had an at least competent supporting cast. That's not the case for this coming Sunday's game.

Also, in the past, we relied on our defense to stop opposing teams and our offense to do just enough. This is no longer the case. The Ravens will win because of a strong offensive showing and Palmer can have no effect on that.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first thought was Carson Palmer is always a pain in our balls. We jump out ahead and let them make it aclose game late.

But looking at their injury report, with Darren MacFadden and Mike Goodson out it would appear Taiwon Jones starts and the only other back on the roster is Owen Schmidt. So we really shouldn't even need to defend the run and even if they have some success running, they shouldn't be able to sustain it for too long.

I think Joe can shred that defense.

Raiders 7, Ravens 38

And as far as I'm concerned we can't get to next Sunday fast enough.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravens 31, Raiders 20

Not sure why everyone's acting like the loss of Run DMC is going to make any sort of difference, though. They're one-dimensional with him (Carson's averaging over 41 attempts per game), and will remain one-dimensional without him.

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
JROD82891

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pray to god we utilize Jacoby Jones. NO #3 cb should be able to contain him. The man has never ever had a problem separating. The only problem he's ever had is his unreliable hands, but he hasn't shown that in the few games hes been featured.

Ravens go up 17-0, Cam goes into safe mode showing off his cornbread creativity featuring 5 yd out routes, 10 yd out routes, and 20 yd out routes. Palmer attacks Jimmy Smith and Cary Williams religiously putting 21 points on the board. Cam then realizes the Ravens are down and it's time to put away the Denny's menu so he breaks out the real playbook (which he planned on keeping stashed until the PIT game). Offense then explodes for back to back drives resulting in TDs.

31-24 Ravens.

Flacco 21/30 329 yds 2 TDs
Rice 20/156/1
Pierce 7/69/1
Boldin 8/103/1
Smith 5/124/1
Jones 4/70

Tucker 1/1, 41 yd.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No poll question?! Disappointing.

Anyways, I think we win this game. I don't think Oakland's defense can stay with us for 4 quarters (not that they really need to because Cam Cameron usually gives opposing defenses a 2 quarter rest anyhow), and I also don't think Oakland will be smart enough to be balanced against us, they'll most likely have Carson Palmer throwing the ball 5 thousand times because they don't trust Taiwan Jones (who I am starting in Fantasy this week, SO THEY BETTER GIVE HIM THE DAMN BALL!!!!), and it will lead to either:

A) A ton of Oakland points and a ton of blown coverages for us
B) A ton of interceptions for us and a ton of lulz for Oakland

Either way, I just don't see us losing. 14 straight wins at home, Suggs' first game back at the Bank...Sorry Oakland, I hope Taiwan Jones has a HUGE day, but I just don't see Oakland pulling this one off.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
drd23

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We better win this pretty easily

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
We better win this pretty easily

You know we won't, lol. We don't win games easily this year, especially not with the injuries we have and Dean Pees's defensive scheme and Cam's conservative offense.

KiddKillah

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Anyways, I think we win this game. I don't think Oakland's defense can stay with us for 4 quarters (not that they really need to because Cam Cameron usually gives opposing defenses a 2 quarter rest anyhow), and I also don't think Oakland will be smart enough to be balanced against us, they'll most likely have Carson Palmer throwing the ball 5 thousand times because they don't trust Taiwan Jones (who I am starting in Fantasy this week, SO THEY BETTER GIVE HIM THE DAMN BALL!!!!), and it will lead to either:

Either way, I just don't see us losing. 14 straight wins at home, Suggs' first game back at the Bank...Sorry Oakland, I hope Taiwan Jones has a HUGE day, but I just don't see Oakland pulling this one off.

Should've picked up Reece. At the end of the day, he'll have more fantasy points than Jones.

But I see this close. Palmer always puts up good games against us and I think he does that again.

Ravens - 31
Raiders - 27

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiddKillah wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Should've picked up Reece. At the end of the day, he'll have more fantasy points than Jones.

But I see this close. Palmer always puts up good games against us and I think he does that again.

Ravens - 31
Raiders - 27

I considered that, but I didn't think Reece was going to get as many carries as Taiwan Jones, nor does he have the speed that Jones does, and since we struggle with speed backs since our entire front-7 lacks athleticism, I think Jones could break one.

diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Was on vacation. Put together what I did while waiting for the plane to arrive.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JROD82891 wrote:
I pray to god we utilize Jacoby Jones. NO #3 cb should be able to contain him. The man has never ever had a problem separating. The only problem he's ever had is his unreliable hands, but he hasn't shown that in the few games hes been featured.

Ravens go up 17-0, Cam goes into safe mode showing off his cornbread creativity featuring 5 yd out routes, 10 yd out routes, and 20 yd out routes. Palmer attacks Jimmy Smith and Cary Williams religiously putting 21 points on the board. Cam then realizes the Ravens are down and it's time to put away the Denny's menu so he breaks out the real playbook (which he planned on keeping stashed until the PIT game). Offense then explodes for back to back drives resulting in TDs.

31-24 Ravens.

Flacco 21/30 329 yds 2 TDs
Rice 20/156/1
Pierce 7/69/1
Boldin 8/103/1
Smith 5/124/1
Jones 4/70

Tucker 1/1, 41 yd.

I like this prediction a lot. I could definitely see it playing out like this. Keep this same series of events and combined them with my stats and that's how I see it going down.

Our games are the opposite of dull... We are the most lethargic winning team ever. The Ravens remind me of the Phil Jackson Lakers teams so much. They just have this air of overconfidence about them that has them constantly playing down to the level of their competition. It's a very annoying trait. I'd like to see more blowouts with the collective talent this Ravens team has at its disposal.

But alas this game- as well as all others- will forever be close. We lack any sort of killer instinct.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
KiddKillah wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Ravens - 31
Raiders - 27

I considered that, but I didn't think Reece was going to get as many carries as Taiwan Jones, nor does he have the speed that Jones does, and since we struggle with speed backs since our entire front-7 lacks athleticism, I think Jones could break one.

I think Reece will put up more points. Reece will get the short yardage and goal line snaps ahead of Jones. He's also the better receiver out of the backfield. With Carson Palmer looking to throw the ball all over the field this game, Reece has a chance to put up some solid points, especially in a PPR league. Just last game he had nearly 100 receptions yards and a TD. Add to that some extra carries this game and he's the safe pick. If Taiwan Jones can break a long TD run, he'll put up more points, but I don't see that happening. He'll get the majority of the carries, and the Ravens defense will give up 4-5 yards a carry, but they'll contain him. Overall I see him getting <20 carries and <100 yards with no TDs.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good writeup as always. Only thing is that I'm getting really tired of hearing how we should have lost every game we played in. We beat the browns. Twice. No mistake. There are things they didn't capitalize on, but there are things we could have done better as well.

Todays game, ravens 31 raiders 16.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens

#Ravens Inactives: DE McPhee, G/T Harewood, WR D. Thompson, S C. Thompson, CB Jackson, RB Rainey, TE Bajema.

Nothing unexpected there. With both Williams and Yanda being questionable I thought Harewood might be activated but apparently the team isn't too worried about them aggravating their injuries.

I want to predict an easy win for the Ravens so bad but I just can't do it. Baltimore's OL play will be pivotal in how consistent the offense is and without Seymour on the other side it should be an easier task. But then you have to worry the WRs (not concerned about Rice and the running game at all) getting open. I'm expecting more of the same from the defense - underwhelming yet again - but I think the Ravens win this one anyways. The Raiders are probably a worse team than the Browns and they're an easier match-up for the Ravens too in my opinion.

24-20 Ravens win.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 1 of 19

Jump to: