Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BornToFly's Relationship Advice V.14
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BornToFly

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bohlmann20 wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
sunnygsm wrote:
Was in a drawn out situation which recently ended in me getting told I was too short (was the same height virtually). Women can be just as bad as men sometimes

I'm 6'5" I don't know your pain.
Well I'm 5'6", sunny, and I have my friends (those who are girls) tell me how much thhey admire heigth. It kinda sucks. It seems like such a pointless, arbitrary thing to me, but whatever.

It's not pointless if it matters to you Bohlmann......but they are many women who don't care about height, or care very little. I don't think 5'6 is all that short either.

But I know several married friends of mine where the women is the same if not taller than her husband.

Thanks BenderRodriguez for the sig!
BornToFly's Relationship Advice v.17
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
BTF keeps agreeing with my advice. Either I'm starting to understand women, or becoming one myself. Wait a second, women are impossible to understand.....

Shocked I'm turning into a girl!

What's that saying?

"Never try to understand women because women understand women and they hate each other"

Laughing
sunnygsm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appreciate it all, I'm 5' 6 1/2". Was never really given a chance which is the only thing that really frustrates me

^Kempes
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
BTF keeps agreeing with my advice. Either I'm starting to understand women, or becoming one myself. Wait a second, women are impossible to understand.....

What's that saying?

"Never try to understand women because women understand women and they hate each other"

Laughing

Page 93

maes wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Damn. Females are confusing after all.

hahahaha

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
JohnChimpo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunnygsm wrote:
Appreciate it all, I'm 5' 6 1/2". Was never really given a chance which is the only thing that really frustrates me

My buddy is 5'5" and his wife is like 5'8".

Height disadvantages can be overcome through confidence in other areas.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnChimpo wrote:
sunnygsm wrote:

As a 5' 7 1/2" guy, this is true. In fact, that last girl I was talking to was my height. Taller when she wore heels. Height never meant a thing.

It shouldn't. And generally, I wouldn't even be looking at girls that are much taller than me anyway. And if height is an issue with a girl you're talking to, then they're either shallow or its just not gonna work out anyway so you're better off moving on.

Keep your head. It makes you look taller lol

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
sunnygsm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
JohnChimpo wrote:
sunnygsm wrote:

As a 5' 7 1/2" guy, this is true. In fact, that last girl I was talking to was my height. Taller when she wore heels. Height never meant a thing.

It shouldn't. And generally, I wouldn't even be looking at girls that are much taller than me anyway. And if height is an issue with a girl you're talking to, then they're either shallow or its just not gonna work out anyway so you're better off moving on.

Keep your head. It makes you look taller lol

Lol it's all good, I don't really have issue with my height. But my situation is a little unorthodox compared to your standards, bit of a longer story and some different issues at play. Nonetheless is what it is, onwards.

^Kempes
BLick12

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnChimpo wrote:
sunnygsm wrote:

So basically your buddy has an elephant trunk.

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
JohnChimpo wrote:
sunnygsm wrote:

POTY

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

JohnChimpo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
JohnChimpo wrote:
sunnygsm wrote:

Haha not that I know of. He makes plenty of money though, which is pretty effective in its own right.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

What's that saying?

Laughing

Page 93

maes wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Damn. Females are confusing after all.

hahahaha

Nice!!
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunnygsm wrote:
welcome to my pain. I'm 5'7". However, I met this really nice girl who's 5'0" and likes me. period. haha

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
brownsfan1710

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BornToFly wrote:
brownsfan1710 wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
brownsfan1710 wrote:
I've known this girl for two years now, and she's really awesome. Got friendzoned, so I kind of stopped talking to her for about four or five months. She asked to go to lunch last week, and we did, and it seems like all of a sudden, she sees me every day. For the first time, she admitted that I was attractive (Saw me, I didn't see her, she called 'you look really attractive today. who you trying to impress?') Hung out last night, tons and tons of fun. On the way back, she went out of her way to tell me she's single. All my friends said go for it, because of that, but I don't know. We're both college sophomores, if an age reference is needed.

What are you going for? Sounds relationship to me. I'd man up and ask her out f I were you. You said she's awesome and she's dropping hints she could be interested.

And if she's calling you attractive, and making sure you know she's single THEN denies you when you ask her out, she's just a witch.

Definitely on all counts

Just an update. Ever since we've talked, she's never ever texted me, outside of the one time she ditched on me and felt absolutely horrible. We hang out saturday, all of the above happens. Friends tell me to turn my phone off (figuratively, don't text her, etc). Last night she texted me telling me to look out my window (it was snowing, and today she asked to come play futsol again. What is this I don't even...

Have you talked with her anymore since?

Oddly enough, another update! She came to play again, and brought a friend. Her old boyfriend was there, and he kept trying to talk, but she was pretty dedicated to hanging out with me. Her friend, who is a total sweetheart in her own right, told me how excited she was to come play. And then to put the cherry on top, she decided not to hang out with the ex after and eat, but to come eat with me. Pretty sure I'll be moving forward on this hunch, or at least should be.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really having a hard time getting over this girl. Its so stupid. I hate it. I don't even fully understand why I want to post about it here. Its the same one I posted about most recently.

Basically, she was pretty much the exact kind of girl I was looking for in a lot of ways. She was kind of an alternative girl. She liked music, even my kinds of music. She was chill about a lot of the same things I was. And on top of that, there were a ton of weird coincidences with her. An absurd amount. Like, she lives pretty much down the street from my uncle, about 5 or 10 minutes away form the house I grew up in. And the stuff we would talk about would come up in conversations with other friends I'd be talking with a day later. Or even when I chilled with her at her house, she gave me some food on this plate. I had that plate from the 90s (its a cartoon one) and have never met anyone else who has it. So naturally, I had a huge thing for her.

She kind of rejected me, saying she really wasn't trying to date anyone. Which is fine, but I figured to stay friends because you never know what the future holds and all that crap. She starts posting depressed statuses on facebook and stuff. I message her to see if everything's ok.

She starts telling me about how she's depressed about certain things in her life and friends and how her life is going. I used to have a lot of the same issues and tried to give her advice and comfort her. One thing she was upset about was that she thought all her friends were fakes and didn't care about her. So she tries to set up a big gathering of people to go sledding (I know, but apparently she used to do that with a bunch of friends). For that day. She started trying to get people to go around 12 and to get there at 7.

6:45 rolls around and she hits me up saying "I knew it" and next to nobody is down to go. I already told her I wasn't gonna be going. I already had been bending over backwards to initiate contact with her as it was. And I would have had to drive for a total of around 2 hours by the time the night was over. And wasted gas and been out in single digit cold weather getting back mad late when I had work in the morning.

She keeps complaining and being overdramatic and I tell her I think she's just making a bigger deal out of it than it is. She flips out and says I shouldn't talk to her and that I don't know her and that she's pissed at me. I told her that she didn't even invite me (she didn't personally ask me to go) and that I was going to ask if she wanted me to. She said she did and shouldn't have to ask twice and to not send her "another essay". When I was giving her advice I sent her like a 6 sentence paragraph once. She basically was saying I didn't care about her.

Except she was the first girl I really gave a damn about in over a year. And I already had been going out of my way to make a fool of myself for her. So the next day I follow up because I figured she was just caught up in the moment and I was concerned about the depression stuff (Like I said, I went through a lot of the same stuff). She ignores me. She's ignored it for over a week now.

I decide enough is enough and try to forget all about her because I don't deserve that bs. Except I can't. We have a lot of mutual friends and interests. A lot of the stuff we did/said still comes up in conversation with other friends. And there are still stupid coincidences. Today, apparently she went and did a photo shoot under a bridge for her photography company/thing she does on the side. Its real cool with a lot of grafitti and grungy looking stuff. Why do I bring this up? I was going to try to take her there to cheer her up before she flipped out at me. I literally walk over that bridge every day twice for work.

I knew I shouldn't have put myself out there that far and that I shouldn't have gone out of my way so much. But those coincidences coupled with how she was basically exactly the kind of girl I was looking for basically made me do it anyway. Then the depression stuff really hit close to home. This sucks. It just hurts. And I know it shoudn't, but it does. And the fact that I know it shouldn't yet it still does just makes it worse in turn. And I'm gonna see her tomorrow because I already committed to going to this event at a friend's house that I later found out she's going to. I just had to vent somewhere.

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
I am really having a hard time getting over this girl. Its so stupid. I hate it. I don't even fully understand why I want to post about it here. Its the same one I posted about most recently.

Basically, she was pretty much the exact kind of girl I was looking for in a lot of ways. She was kind of an alternative girl. She liked music, even my kinds of music. She was chill about a lot of the same things I was. And on top of that, there were a ton of weird coincidences with her. An absurd amount. Like, she lives pretty much down the street from my uncle, about 5 or 10 minutes away form the house I grew up in. And the stuff we would talk about would come up in conversations with other friends I'd be talking with a day later. Or even when I chilled with her at her house, she gave me some food on this plate. I had that plate from the 90s (its a cartoon one) and have never met anyone else who has it. So naturally, I had a huge thing for her.

She kind of rejected me, saying she really wasn't trying to date anyone. Which is fine, but I figured to stay friends because you never know what the future holds and all that crap. She starts posting depressed statuses on facebook and stuff. I message her to see if everything's ok.

She starts telling me about how she's depressed about certain things in her life and friends and how her life is going. I used to have a lot of the same issues and tried to give her advice and comfort her. One thing she was upset about was that she thought all her friends were fakes and didn't care about her. So she tries to set up a big gathering of people to go sledding (I know, but apparently she used to do that with a bunch of friends). For that day. She started trying to get people to go around 12 and to get there at 7.

6:45 rolls around and she hits me up saying "I knew it" and next to nobody is down to go. I already told her I wasn't gonna be going. I already had been bending over backwards to initiate contact with her as it was. And I would have had to drive for a total of around 2 hours by the time the night was over. And wasted gas and been out in single digit cold weather getting back mad late when I had work in the morning.

She keeps complaining and being overdramatic and I tell her I think she's just making a bigger deal out of it than it is. She flips out and says I shouldn't talk to her and that I don't know her and that she's pissed at me. I told her that she didn't even invite me (she didn't personally ask me to go) and that I was going to ask if she wanted me to. She said she did and shouldn't have to ask twice and to not send her "another essay". When I was giving her advice I sent her like a 6 sentence paragraph once. She basically was saying I didn't care about her.

Except she was the first girl I really gave a damn about in over a year. And I already had been going out of my way to make a fool of myself for her. So the next day I follow up because I figured she was just caught up in the moment and I was concerned about the depression stuff (Like I said, I went through a lot of the same stuff). She ignores me. She's ignored it for over a week now.

I decide enough is enough and try to forget all about her because I don't deserve that bs. Except I can't. We have a lot of mutual friends and interests. A lot of the stuff we did/said still comes up in conversation with other friends. And there are still stupid coincidences. Today, apparently she went and did a photo shoot under a bridge for her photography company/thing she does on the side. Its real cool with a lot of grafitti and grungy looking stuff. Why do I bring this up? I was going to try to take her there to cheer her up before she flipped out at me. I literally walk over that bridge every day twice for work.

I knew I shouldn't have put myself out there that far and that I shouldn't have gone out of my way so much. But those coincidences coupled with how she was basically exactly the kind of girl I was looking for basically made me do it anyway. Then the depression stuff really hit close to home. This sucks. It just hurts. And I know it shoudn't, but it does. And the fact that I know it shouldn't yet it still does just makes it worse in turn. And I'm gonna see her tomorrow because I already committed to going to this event at a friend's house that I later found out she's going to. I just had to vent somewhere.

Honestly dude she sounds very insecure and immature. Girls that post "I'm depressed or Sad" on Facebook are just starving for attention. You running to her aid when she posts that only makes you look a little desperate and sends you straight to permanent friend zone. I mean this in the most heterosexual way but I think you're out of her league and could do so much better. I would ignore her as much as possible at that event.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 100 of 101

Jump to: