Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers @ Giants Gameday Thread (November 4, 2012)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbelan2343

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
D-TURBULENTGMEN wrote:
Great Game Guys , Out of the 3 Teams we lost to , i actually Have a Great Deal of Respect for your team , Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if your the team we see at the end of this years journey Wink , Good luck the Rest of the Season.

Loving these classy Giants fans!!! Very Happy

I agree, good class indeed.

What I'm not loving is having to scroll through three pages to find the next decent post. Far too much bickering from Steelers fans after a big win.

Liter of Cola - From the postings I've seen, you've brought little to no Steelers talk. I barely glance or hardly read your postings. Mainly just skim through them, or the quoted rebuttals, to find out nothing football was said. I imagine a good majority of the forum visitors do the same. I don't even know if you're a Steelers fan, and after pages of junk, I could care less either way.
Morons at the dollar store are selling dinosaurs for a buck

Let's go Pirates!!
Leader O'Cola

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
Leader O'Cola wrote:
treat88 wrote:
Leader O'Cola wrote:
treat88 wrote:
Wow Cola. Yet again your ignoance is just startling.

Not only a pseudo fan, but a juvenile, classless, soon to be if not already banned pseudo fan.

Im 100% sure the Burgh hopes you stay gone for the duration.

lmao @ the above

so when I define what a fan is, I'm an [inappropriate/removed], and selective idiot because it excludes most of you.

When anyone else does, as long as I don't fit in the Venn diagram, they're an awesome fan and genius.

Goddamn hypocritical idiots.

The worst part of it is you don't even understand how embarassed you should be.

no the worst part is you ignoring that you're a partisan hypocrite who will compromise his values because you have man-love for 43mafia and hate me

Mights well go out in a blaze of juvenile glory eh?

Only thing that ranks below your football acumen is your social acumen.

Have a nice TO.

why should I be nice to people intionally being disingenous hypocritcial aholes ?

point out--- I dare you--- the original call out of being a fan.
stillersenat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, one more try.

Remember people, if you don't like someone's post, you are not obliged to respond to it. Ignore it all on your own and you're golden.

Any escape might help to smooth the unattractive truth but the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leader O'Cola wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Leader O'Cola wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

What's not to like again?

he took 4-5 years off of BigBen's career
you can't be serious? Ben did that on his own with the way he plays. He scrambles around and holds onto the ball to long. That's not changing no matte who the Oc or Hc is.

So what you're saying is....

you have ZERO clue what route trees Arians ran out of his trips-slot-stack on slow Heinz field turf
what's not to like?

Top two Wrs had: 72 recs, 1193 yds, 8 tds

69 recs, 1108 yds

Seems the route tree was fine. Wrs were productive.

I've seen Haley run a similar formation and similar routes.

Luck threw for 433 yds, 2 tds today with Arians calling those plays
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leader O'Cola wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
Leader O'Cola wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
Im sorry but swearing at a mod is the last thing I'd want to do. That's probably a ban. But yeah, how about those Steelers!! If the Steelers can overcome refs, we can overcome posters who want attention!!! Very Happy

Calling someone out as a "non-fan" because of disagreement about criticizing the team should be grounds for losing mod-status

Its your constant negativity towards this team that tells me you're not a real fan
A lot of posters have agendas when posting and we know yours. Of Webby feels that speaking my mind is enough to remove me as a Mod than so be it.

serious Q.

maybe I'm an idiot. maybe I'm not.

How much of your life has been in the Burgh ?

Born and raised in Washington County 20 miles from the Burgh. Left when I joined the Air Force 16 years ago.....

Your point???

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leader O'Cola wrote:
to all of you "fans" who call me a "non-fan" but have never lived in the Burgh

You have ZERO [inappropriate/removed] clue. Attorneys wear jerseys into their offices on gameday weekends. Steeler Pride is an absolute and not fair-weather. Your ignorance persists htough

So if I'm from another part of PA, grew up to watch perhaps 99% of the games they've played over the last 30 years and have more knowledge about the team than a good majority of the people that have lived in "the burgh" their entire life I'm less of a fan? Thinking having to live in Pittsburgh your entire life to be a fan is idealism ignorance.

I'm not so interested in getting into this argument but had to cut this one off. I'm sorry to say that Santa Claus does not exist. And while I may disagree with 43 at times he is one of a few here that I would prefer to discuss or bounce ideas off. His, or any of the others longevity here does speak to credibility in this forum as it bears witness to their extent of knowledge and awareness of this team to this congregation.

...you have a forum resume?

Last edited by JustPlainNasty on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
Leader O'Cola wrote:
to all of you "fans" who call me a "non-fan" but have never lived in the Burgh

You have ZERO [inappropriate/removed] clue. Attorneys wear jerseys into their offices on gameday weekends. Steeler Pride is an absolute and not fair-weather. Your ignorance persists htough

So if I'm from another part of PA, grew up to watch perhaps 99% of the games they've played over the last 30 years and have more knowledge about the team than a good majority of the people that have lived in "the burgh" their entire life I'm less of a fan? Thinking having to live in Pittsburgh your entire life to be a fan is idealism ignorance.

I'm not so interested in getting into this argument but had to cut this one off. I'm sorry to say that Santa Claus does not exist. And while I may disagree with 43 at times he is one of a few here that I would prefer to discuss or bounce ideas off. His or any others here longevity here does speak to credibility in this forum as it bears witness to their extent of knowledge and awareness of this team to this congregation.
Applause Applause Applause Applause
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trolling heaven in this forum

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
steelfan51

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three or four weeks ago, I thought this team would have trouble of getting a record above .500. When they got outplayed in just about every aspect against Tennessee, I though they might be among the bottom 8-10 teams in the league.

Clearly I over reacted. This defense has done a complete 180 in terms of keeping the opponent out of the end-zone when it really counts, and besides maybe the lack of pass rush, has been stellar. If the team continues on this path, then they could challenge anyone. The young guys need to keep producing, and the depth needs to continue to come through. If that happens they can be special!
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best thing about this game was our attitude, you could sense it. Regardless of the things to overcome, and the nature to perhaps give into the "situation", they relented. They were very obviously the better team all day long. Rainey's returns were huge and dare I say reminded me of Woodson at times with his one cut/step and go. He has a bit of a stiff upper body and it is far more beneficial for him to go forward as quickly as possible than it is to juke or bounce around. He did very well.

...you have a forum resume?

Last edited by JustPlainNasty on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
stefan52268

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Wide receiver Antonio Brown left the game early on due to a mild high ankle sprain. He didn't return, and his status won't be known until closer to the Steelers' Monday Night game against the Kansas City Chiefs.

Running back and kick returner Chris Rainey suffered a rib cartilage injury, and gave fans a scare as he collapsed after being hit in the chest while on the ground by linebacker Mark Herzlich.

Statuses for both players will remain unknown at least until Steelers coach Mike Tomlin's press conference Tuesday.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/11/5/3602592/steelers-injury-report-chris-rainey-antonio-brown-giants-week-9-status

Quick update on Rainey's and AB's injuries.

Hopefully Browns ankle isn't a bad sprain like Pouncey's was.

I think Rainey may miss some time! Hopefully I'm wrong.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
jebrick

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for all of the gripping here, I noticed that the Steeler and Giant players were helping each other up all game. They really have respect for each other. I have not seen that in a NFL game in a long time.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
jebrick

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post-game quote by Redman:

Quote:
"It felt kind of weird, coming the day of [the game], but any obstacle that comes in our way, we just push it aside and come to work,'' Redman said. "We knew the Giants were dealing with their own adversity, so we couldn't feel bad for ourselves. We just came out here ready to play. When you're a Steeler, that's what it's about. It's about never giving up, regardless of how we started off the season. Coach Tomlin said, 'This game is the fork in the road, which way do we want to go?' We're in the right direction.''

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck the rest of the way guys. Your Steelers really hit the Giants in the mouth today. Of course I draft Redman in fantasy, drop him, and NOW he produces! Mad
pghinsomniac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
Good luck the rest of the way guys. Your Steelers really hit the Giants in the mouth today. Of course I draft Redman in fantasy, drop him, and NOW he produces! Mad

I feel your pain my friend. I did just pick up Andre Brown late last night in my league...how's his workload looking going forward?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 24 of 26

Jump to: