Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers @ Giants Gameday Thread (November 4, 2012)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Steelers @ Giants Gameday Thread (November 4, 2012) Reply with quote

SUPER TERRIFIC GAMEDAY THREAD!!!!!

VS

Where
:

New Meadowlands, New Jersey
When: Sunday, November 4th @ 4:25 PM (CBS)

Steelers
Record: 4-3
Last game: Won 27-12 (OT) vs. RG3Skins
Injury Report: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/teams/pittsburgh-steelers/injuries.html

Giants
Record: 6-2
Last game: Won 29-24 at Dallas
Injury Report: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/teams/new-york-giants/injuries.html

Dont have time to do an in depth gameday thread like I usually do, but I wont leave these out....

Last edited by FourThreeMafia on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn good way to start the thread.

Toughest game of the year I think. Both teams are now in midseason stride.

We cannot turn the ball over 6 times like the Cowboys did. The Giants weren't even playing their best game last week entirely. After that win though, I think they'll get things back together.

Defensively, we need to stop guys like Victor Cruz and Ahmad Bradshaw going crazy on us. Where is Hakeem Nicks? I feel like I haven't heard his name outside of week 2.

Offensively, we need to stay committed to the run, and hopefully just be able to move the chains on them. Heath Miller, you know what it is.

With that said, I think the Giants are the favored home team.

NYG: 31
PIT: 28

down but not out. I still believe!
SouthwestSteel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ryan Clark must pass his post-concussion tests before being cleared to play or practice, and coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday, “We will continue to monitor his progress.”

Clark posted a Twitter message a few hours after being hurt Sunday that he will play against the Giants.

However, Clark doesn’t know when he will be reunited at safety with Troy Polamalu. Polamalu (torn calf), who has played only one quarter since the season opener, will sit out a fourth consecutive game Sunday.

Right tackle Marcus Gilbert (knee) will miss his third in a row. Both injuries are significant.

• Running backs Rashard Mendenhall (Achilles) and Isaac Redman (ankle) will resume working Wednesday. Jonathan Dwyer, coming off consecutive 100-yard games, has a strained right quadriceps but is expected to practice Thursday. Outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley aggravated the right hamstring injury that occurred Oct. 11 in Tennessee, but the injury is not believed to be serious. Backup linebacker Stevenson Sylvester (hamstring) is questionable for the Giants.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2864032-85/tomlin-sunday-game-steelers-giants-polamalu-antonio-clark-issues-practice#ixzz2AtDcOlQi
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't feel good about this game at all, quite frankly. Our Offense will have to keep up, which is entirely possible, but if our front 7 don't provide more pressure than they have to date, the score could get ugly real fast. While I have no good reason for this, I predict we fall down early, similar to what Dallas did, but come back, but not quite enough to overtake them.

Final:

NYG 34
Pitt 26

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
at23steelers

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to get ahead quick like Redskins game, and not let Eli and the Giants climb their way back. We always play better against the best teams. If Ike and Keenan play like they have past few games, I think they can do ok against Nicks and Cruz. We need to pressure Eli and even as important protect Big Ben. Starks and Adams going against JPP and Tuck will be a tough task. We'll probably keep Miller in to help Adams which will hurt our passing game. I think we will find a way to win it, somehow though I could see us losing by a few TD's. Final Score: Pittsburgh 27 Giants 24
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the pics 43 but I suggest you replace the girl w the football. Webby is not a fan of under-boob and its a bit revealing.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
Love the pics 43 but I suggest you replace the girl w the football. Webby is not a fan of under-boob and its a bit revealing.

Damn it JD...you always have to ruin the fun, dont ya?

Wink

Fixed.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:

Damn it JD...you always have to ruin the fun, dont ya?

Wink

Fixed.

If that new pic is "ruining" than sign me up!!!". Shocked

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know giants are a dangerous playoff team, but I don't buy the hype they have been getting. Nfc east usually are overrated, still are. Sure, Eli are among great quarterbacks but he's always struggled against Lebeau. By struggling, I mean to below eli's standards of usual statistics. We'd had won that game back in 08' if it wasn't for freaky injury to greg warren and his ACL.

I really do think the good fortunate favors are in ours. Past 2 games we faced strong front 7 defensive personnels, but weak secondary, giants aren't that much different.

If dwyer starts and get same amount of snaps, he should be able to run over 100 yds again against this poor-tackling team.

Giants were one replay from losing against a team that lost 6 whooping turnovers! You don't "almost" lose to a team that have that amount of turnovers!

Their running is really overrated. Sure bradshaw is a good rb, but emphasizing "good" and the difference betwee him and ray rice/drew-jones is a huge difference. Bradshaw can be taken out of the game, I have no problem with that.

Their duo of wide receivers are really talented, but behind them is very thin compared to steelers'.

Also keep this in mind; big ben have been scrambling away from pass-rushers for his whole career so he'd expect the same and eli hasn't seen a zone coverage like steelers' for a while and we just may be making adjustments!

I like to think giants have been fortunate to be 6-2, while steelers have been unfortunate to be 4-3.

Steelers will run down the clock, 23-17
redsoxsuck05

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tons of respect for your franchise...it's been too long since we last met.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
I know giants are a dangerous playoff team, but I don't buy the hype they have been getting. Nfc east usually are overrated, still are. Sure, Eli are among great quarterbacks but he's always struggled against Lebeau. By struggling, I mean to below eli's standards of usual statistics. We'd had won that game back in 08' if it wasn't for freaky injury to greg warren and his ACL.

I really do think the good fortunate favors are in ours. Past 2 games we faced strong front 7 defensive personnels, but weak secondary, giants aren't that much different.

If dwyer starts and get same amount of snaps, he should be able to run over 100 yds again against this poor-tackling team.

Giants were one replay from losing against a team that lost 6 whooping turnovers! You don't "almost" lose to a team that have that amount of turnovers!

Their running is really overrated. Sure bradshaw is a good rb, but emphasizing "good" and the difference betwee him and ray rice/drew-jones is a huge difference. Bradshaw can be taken out of the game, I have no problem with that.

Their duo of wide receivers are really talented, but behind them is very thin compared to steelers'.

Also keep this in mind; big ben have been scrambling away from pass-rushers for his whole career so he'd expect the same and eli hasn't seen a zone coverage like steelers' for a while and we just may be making adjustments!

I like to think giants have been fortunate to be 6-2, while steelers have been unfortunate to be 4-3.

Most things you said are ture, but the bolded is false. Hixon, Barden, Bennett, and Randle have all stepped up when they needed to this year.

It's no coincidence that the Giants played their worst two games against the Cowboys who have an elite secondary, but let's not forget that they've looked a lot better against every other team they've played. Or maybe it was one of those any given Sunday kind of things Laughing

Giants usually go on the big losing streak at this point, so I'll give you guys the victory.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to Sandy I'd say u guys got the edge , The storm has already affected our ability to properly practice this week which i believe will play a role in our proformance this weekend , Really looking forward to this game and i hope no injuries on either of our teams. Here's to a Great Game! See u Sunday Cool
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redsoxsuck05 wrote:

Last time we met was in 2008 when we won our last Super Bowl. I'm pretty sure you guys won because James Harrison horribly snapped a ball to the punter (our LS got hurt) and that safety was all you needed to win.

From what I remember, Ben played like crap and Eli was a pure stud that game.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:

I agree with every written. But I'll say this the Steelers are one of the worst 4th Qtr defenses in the leave giving up 50 pts in the 4th Qtr in 7 games. The Giants are one of the best 4th Qtr teams in the league. So I believe the Steelers have to have the ball last offensively to secure this win.

The sloppier the conditions the better.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
redsoxsuck05 wrote:

Last time we met was in 2008 when we won our last Super Bowl. I'm pretty sure you guys won because James Harrison horribly snapped a ball to the punter (our LS got hurt) and that safety was all you needed to win.

From what I remember, Ben played like crap and Eli was a pure stud that game.

Yeah I remember the Steelers were the better team that day before that ill-fated snap. That was the last year the Giants didn't play like crap in November.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 1 of 26

Jump to: