Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers @ Giants Gameday Thread (November 4, 2012)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
waffles7

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
for all of the gripping here, I noticed that the Steeler and Giant players were helping each other up all game. They really have respect for each other. I have not seen that in a NFL game in a long time.

I noticed that too, mutual respect on both sides. That was nice to see.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

waffles7 wrote:
jebrick wrote:
for all of the gripping here, I noticed that the Steeler and Giant players were helping each other up all game. They really have respect for each other. I have not seen that in a NFL game in a long time.

Giants continue to be the only team representing NYC or LA in any sport that I hold in high regard.

The ownerships of our two teams are linked by familial ties as well.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
waffles7 wrote:
jebrick wrote:

Giants continue to be the only team representing NYC or LA in any sport that I hold in high regard.

LA is the biggest joke of a sports city in the entire country, and alot of their own fans even admit that. Most dont even care about the teams they root for. Thats not meant to bash any fans in LA who ARE real fans, but thats how I see it.

New York has great fans, but they can be ruthless. All fans can to a point, but especially in New York.

Still, most of the Giants fans on here are classy.
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pghinsomniac wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:
Good luck the rest of the way guys. Your Steelers really hit the Giants in the mouth today. Of course I draft Redman in fantasy, drop him, and NOW he produces! Mad

I feel your pain my friend. I did just pick up Andre Brown late last night in my league...how's his workload looking going forward?

He's the dreaded touchdown vulture. I'd start him if you're hurting for a back but that's about it.
mosteelers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate when I leave for a weekend and miss on the fun Sad

Sig courtesy of miafins23 Thanks
pghinsomniac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
pghinsomniac wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:
Good luck the rest of the way guys. Your Steelers really hit the Giants in the mouth today. Of course I draft Redman in fantasy, drop him, and NOW he produces! Mad

I feel your pain my friend. I did just pick up Andre Brown late last night in my league...how's his workload looking going forward?

He's the dreaded touchdown vulture . I'd start him if you're hurting for a back but that's about it.

Eh? I can take this nickname one of two ways...either he swoops down and scavenges touchdowns and then leaves without getting yards, or he gets a bunch of yards and then disappears near the end zone. Either way, sounds like he might be a better starting RB than my two guys, Pierre Thomas and Rashad Jennings.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Ike and Keenan will have a bigger challenge facing the physicality of Bowe and Baldwin than Cruz and Nicks. I could see Ike pulling and grabbing Bowe to try and stop him, similar to what happened with Fitz. Big deal is to add pressure, because of their mediocre QB play.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
I think Ike and Keenan will have a bigger challenge facing the physicality of Bowe and Baldwin than Cruz and Nicks. I could see Ike pulling and grabbing Bowe to try and stop him, similar to what happened with Fitz. Big deal is to add pressure, because of their mediocre QB play.

I see this weeks game as one of those games we should win handily, but it will likely come down to the 4th quarter.

I hate having close games every week. Once or twice Id just like to put an epic beating on a team. This SHOULD be one of those weeks, but given our propensity to play down to our compeition, it wont be.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
at23steelers wrote:

I see this weeks game as one of those games we should win handily, but it will likely come down to the 4th quarter.

I hate having close games every week. Once or twice Id just like to put an epic beating on a team. This SHOULD be one of those weeks, but given our propensity to play down to our compeition, it wont be.

Yepp and people will guess these blowout predictions and then be disappointed when it comes close. I agree with you, Im thinking like a 17-13 kind of game.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
at23steelers wrote:

Yepp and people will guess these blowout predictions and then be disappointed when it comes close. I agree with you, Im thinking like a 17-13 kind of game.
i agree guys. Just seems like a trap game.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
Saw on Facebook that Rainey is on the plane home so he must be ok.

They only showed the replay once and to me it looked like a late hit on Rainey.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
C$!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
at23steelers wrote:

We should win handely, but the Steelers style is to play close games. I do think that if we can keep our running game going strong, it might not be AS close. The problem in the past few years is the lack of a run game. Running will open up their D, which should open up bigger plays. Plaus no BA predictible play calling after the Steelers go up 10 or 14.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Ike!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Win doesn't seem as impressive seeing the Bengals dismantle the Giants the way they did this week.

How much of this was good Steelers play and how much was this poor play from a declining Giants team?

Since I'm a "glass half full" kinda guy, I'll assume the best, but... Wink

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
Win doesn't seem as impressive seeing the Bengals dismantle the Giants the way they did this week.

How much of this was good Steelers play and how much was this poor play from a declining Giants team?

Since I'm a "glass half full" kinda guy, I'll assume the best, but... Wink
the Giants just had an off day today. The bengals played great defense, giants couldn't block the bengals front 4. Dalton was on, his wrs were making outstanding plays all game.

The Giants haven't had a bye week all year. They do have one next week. It's clear they need one. I think they'll come back and go on a strong finish.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 25 of 26

Jump to: