Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers @ Giants Gameday Thread (November 4, 2012)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realize that Dwyer is listed as doubtful for the game with a right quad strain. It's too bad since he has had two straight very good games and was looking for his third consecutive 100 yard game. The RB merry-go-round with injuries continues unforutnately.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the #87 Sid's sig!
SouthwestSteel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The New York City Marathon was just canceled by Mayor Michael Bloomberg after mounting criticism that this was not the time for a race while the region is still recovering from Superstorm Sandy.

With people in storm-ravaged areas still shivering without electricity. many New Yorkers recoiled at the prospect of police officers being assigned to the marathon on Sunday

I've also read on other message boards opinions from some in that area that holding the game Sunday would be stupid, when 40 percent of gas stations are closed and much mass transport is still down. I certainly can understand these concerns, while others say the area needs the game as a diversion from its current problems . . .

It is more likely than not that the game will be played as scheduled, but then again as unpredictable as the NFL has been this year, it also would not shock me if it is suddenly moved at the last moment, either in place or time!
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand by what I said grubs... it was a dumb comment to make.

Maybe you should have thought about your friends family before stating how "bull ish" and "fair" it is that the Steelers players are inconvenienced by this tragic event.

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SouthwestSteel wrote:
The New York City Marathon was just canceled by Mayor Michael Bloomberg after mounting criticism that this was not the time for a race while the region is still recovering from Superstorm Sandy.

With people in storm-ravaged areas still shivering without electricity. many New Yorkers recoiled at the prospect of police officers being assigned to the marathon on Sunday

I've also read on other message boards opinions from some in that area that holding the game Sunday would be stupid, when 40 percent of gas stations are closed and much mass transport is still down. I certainly can understand these concerns, while others say the area needs the game as a diversion from its current problems . . .

It is more likely than not that the game will be played as scheduled, but then again as unpredictable as the NFL has been this year, it also would not shock me if it is suddenly moved at the last moment, either in place or time!

I thought they would push it back a day and have it on Monday night to give everyone an extra day at least.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the #87 Sid's sig!
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to a great game on Sunday. I'm expecting you guys to win though. The Giants are coming off two emotionally draining divisional games and then of course some of them are dealing with the disaster in their own personal life. Hoping for a close well played injury free game. May the better team win. Cool

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
SouthwestSteel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Looking forward to a great game on Sunday. I'm expecting you guys to win though. The Giants are coming off two emotionally draining divisional games and then of course some of them are dealing with the disaster in their own personal life. Hoping for a close well played injury free game. May the better team win. Cool

Welcome to the Steelers forum, and thanks for your post. Yes, here is to an injury free game for both of these very gritty, tough teams. May all of you up there have all possible blessings and resources come your way for the rebuilding of your lives on every level. I am concerned about the probable Nor'Easter mid-week, could delay power restoration and clean up.
C$!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:

The Steelers don't believe in that this year unfortunately.
Lets hope its a good one that's not too sloppy.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys have any inactives due to Sandy?

Or any inactives at all

#WeTheNorth
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
You guys have any inactives due to Sandy?

Or any inactives at all

Not sure why we'd have inactives due to Sandy but we have a lot out for injuries... Troy, Mendy, Dwyer, and Gilbert.

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
SouthwestSteel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good article regarding the context of the upcoming game and why it was decided to go forward with it despite the disaster. Even General Ray Odierno, the Army chief of staff talked to the Giants about the importance of this game to the spirits of the affected people, and I expect a very fired up Giants team will come out of the tunnel.

Quote:
Speaking at news conference in Brick at the opening of a FEMA office, Christie said only a few state troopers are assigned to the game and it was really a decision for the NFL to make.

"If they are ready, absent any change in circumstances, then we should go ahead with the game on Sunday," Christie said, adding that during a tour of storm damage in nearby Moonachie, no one asked him to postpone the game and a couple of Giants fans urged him not to do that ..

"When you look at it, it's a minor inconvenience considering what those people in New York and New Jersey went through," Steelers offensive tackle Max Starks said Friday. "You have seven million people without electricity, and a football game pales in comparison to that. You just hope you can do your best to take their minds off such a travesty for a couple of hours by playing some football."

Pittsburgh defensive end Brett Keisel said the one-day trip is nothing compared to what those hit by the storm are handling.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/20791285/steelersgiants-gets-ok-from-new-jersey-governor-despite-sandy
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why was this game a 4:25 start? Why couldn't Denver at Cincinnati have been? Two east coast teams had to play at 4:25?

Now I have to miss the end of the game Evil or Very Mad
bbelan2343

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without question, our toughest and biggest challenge of the season so far. Great teams, win these types of games on the road. This game should have playoff type conditions to it. NYC is going to be alive and ready for football.

Wicked excited for this game. These road games have been very telling, based on how we play, on what to expect in Janurary.

Looking over the past few years road games..

2011 - Pretenders
L 35 - 7 @ BALT
L 17 - 10 @ HOU
L 20 - 3 @ SF
W's @ IND, ARI, CINN, KC, CLE

2010 - Contenders
L 20 - 10 @ NO
(Only road loss)
W's @ BALT, CINN, TENN, TB, MIA, CINN, BUFF, CLE

2009 - Pretenders
L 17 - 14 @ CHI
L 23 - 20 @ CINN
L 27 - 24 @ KC
L 20 - 17 @ BALT
L 13 - 9 @ CLE

2008 - SB Champs
L 15 - 6 @ PHI
L 31 - 14 @ TENN
W's @ CLE, JAC, CINN, WASH, BALT, NE (33-10)

2008 and 2010 both SB contending teams, and both play very stellar away from Heinz.

Of course good teams win on the road, with bad teams losing more on the road. So it has to be taken in with a grain of salt. Still exciting and encouraging to see what kind of execution we'll play with today.
Morons at the dollar store are selling dinosaurs for a buck

Let's go Pirates!!
Eaglehoc

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess today Adams will find out how far along he has come in his playing of right tackle. Hopefully, he meets the challenge and keeps Ben upright today.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2004 Draft....

Crazy how much time has passed. Feels like yesterday.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
2004 Draft....

Crazy how much time has passed. Feels like yesterday.

+24 cause that's how old I was!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 3 of 26

Jump to: