Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers @ Giants Gameday Thread (November 4, 2012)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steelerspower

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have great respect for the giants

For this game, the key to the steelers offense is not making turnovers...The Steelers are a very good job on it this year, but the Giants defense has 24 turnovers and 16 interceptions!

Also, Eli Manning is unstoppable in 4th quarter since 2011, it will be a big challenge for the defense...It will be a big challenge, but the Giants are not perfect!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are power problems where they were going to stay and the Steelers can't find alternative lodging. Looks like they are going to have to travel on the morning of game day! I wonder what impact this will have on their preparation for the game:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/01/steelers-cant-find-hotel-in-new-york/related/
grubs10

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SouthwestSteel wrote:
There are power problems where they were going to stay and the Steelers can't find alternative lodging. Looks like they are going to have to travel on the morning of game day! I wonder what impact this will have on their preparation for the game:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/01/steelers-cant-find-hotel-in-new-york/related/
Its Bull ish in my mind. So many players have specific routines on gameday and this completely disrupts it. It just doesn't seem fair especially against the reigning champs.

^Props to jgutowski24 on the Sweet Wiz Style Sig^
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grubs10 wrote:
SouthwestSteel wrote:

Its Bull ish in my mind. So many players have specific routines on gameday and this completely disrupts it. It just doesn't seem fair especially against the reigning champs.

Yeah... darn them natural disasters and the thousands who live in NY without power!!!

Rolling Eyes

Please think before you type.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8581131/justin-tuck-new-york-giants-says-pittsburgh-steelers-get-benefit-calls

Tuck always seems to be whining about something.

Guess what Justin....even if we do get away with some holding, so do alot of other teams.....alot against the Steelers.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
Bobikus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wish Tuck wasn't as good as he was on the field because he seems so whiny off of it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8581131/justin-tuck-new-york-giants-says-pittsburgh-steelers-get-benefit-calls

Guess what Justin....even if we do get away with some holding, so do alot of other teams.....alot against the Steelers.

Sounds like he's priming the pump on the refs flag arm?

Nobody gets held or got held more than Deebo in the past unless we're counting college then Mike Mauti and Penn State wins the all time getting held w/ no call award on one play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlxpXt2-yuo

...you have a forum resume?
waffles7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Sounds like he's priming the pump on the refs flag arm?

Nobody gets held or got held more than Deebo in the past unless we're counting college then Mike Mauti and Penn State wins the all time getting held w/ no call award on one play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlxpXt2-yuo

Couldnt agree my friend, I swear every other time Deebo rushes the passer hes in the head lock or some other funky grip of that LT. I'll be paying attention to him on Sunday to see how many time this happens Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant believe its almost game day ... hoping for a great game on Sunday guys

Not like the one against Dallas though Laughing

Not a Knicks fan
blueNorange

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
I really wish Tuck wasn't as good as he was on the field because he seems so whiny off of it.

it's okay, tuck has lost a step this season.

he was mediocre last year and this season he's been mostly non existent, JPP is pretty much doing everything. he always makes a huge stop on 3rd downs!
SouthwestSteel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“We’ve got to control those guys the best we can,” Foster said. “They are built for the pass rush because of their speed and athleticism, which I don’t think many teams in this league have.

“They are long guys who can bat balls down. We have to start this game fast and stay consistent. We definitely have to control them so our guys can make plays.”

Colon is confident the Steelers can run the ball like they did while beating Cincinnati (167 yards) and Washington (140), in part, because the Giants’ defense appears somewhat vulnerable. The Giants might be 6-2 but not because their 24th-ranked defense has put together intimidating numbers. Their defensive deficiencies are offset by an offense that is third in points (29.2) and fourth in total yards (397 yards).

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2866552-85/giants-season-colon-pass-run-defensive-game-foster-guys-rush#ixzz2B4m1JWzU
redsoxsuck05

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
grubs10 wrote:
SouthwestSteel wrote:

Yeah... darn them natural disasters and the thousands who live in NY without power!!!

Rolling Eyes

It's a good thing I'm upstate for college. My poor parents have been without power for five days. Sad

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
grubs10 wrote:
SouthwestSteel wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Silly me talking about football on here. My thoughts and prayers go out to the people there, my room mate for the past four years is from NYC and his family is still there so I understand the situation.

But He posted a story about football. I gave my thoughts on that story. And you roll your eyes at me like I'm an idiot. Rolling Eyes

grubs10

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Clayton just said it looks like Ryan Clark will be able to play this weekend

FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grubs10 wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
grubs10 wrote:
SouthwestSteel wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Silly me talking about football on here. My thoughts and prayers go out to the people there, my room mate for the past four years is from NYC and his family is still there so I understand the situation.

But He posted a story about football. I gave my thoughts on that story. And you roll your eyes at me like I'm an idiot. Rolling Eyes

His point was you are complaining its BS because of the inconvenience to the Steelers, when there are tons of people that are going through much worse.

Im sorry, but it does come accross a bit....selfish. Not making a big deal of it, just saying that I can see what he got upset about.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 2 of 26

Jump to: