Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Anyone else think that DJ Williams is our new MLB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the article, and it is exactly what I expected. He has an explaination for everything, but how many times in that article did he apologise to the fans for his actions? Not once. Typical.

MUFC OK
hibdib31

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brassglobos wrote:
Here is a long but good Q&A with DJ.

I know alot of people don't like DJ because of off the field issues, but the guy really is a team player. I've never heard him complain about his role, lack of defensive continuity, or contracts.

It will be interesting to see what role he plays when he comes back. I think and hope he will really solidify the LBs.

Interesting read, thanks.

This part got me thinking:

Quote:
“My coach tells me, ‘Hey, we’re changing your position; you’ve got to learn a new position over the weekend and you’re basically going to compete against somebody who’s been doing it for two, three months. And you’re fighting for a job,’” Williams said.

Assuming that coming into this offseason DJ was the starting WLB, and the coach tells him he is changing positions to compete with a player who has previously played it, could moving DJ to MLB have been the plan all along? I wonder if "changing position" means an altered role in certain packages rather than a move on the depth chart. Can anyone answer this - did Joe Mays contract extension come after it was known DJ would be suspended?

With that said, I hope DJ can dust himself off and continue his career here playing at a high level without hurting the team.
hibdib31

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:
Can anyone answer this - did Joe Mays contract extension come after it was known DJ would be suspended?

To answer my own question, Rotoworld reports DJ was suspended six games for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing drugs on March 9th. Joe Mays was re-signed on March 18th after making visits to the Colts and Saints. Denver also had Jameel McClain in for a visit and it was reported Denver wasn't ready to give Nate Irving the starting MLB job.

Could DJ have been the projected MLB pre-suspension? Think
brassglobos

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
I read the article, and it is exactly what I expected. He has an explaination for everything, but how many times in that article did he apologise to the fans for his actions? Not once. Typical.

Because he should cae what fans think?

I'll bet you anything he has apologized to the people that matter - coaches and players.

It seems as though you missed the answer in the beginning of the article when he says:

DJ Williams wrote:
I’m not as open to fans as most people. But at the end of the day, it starts out with your coaching staff and your teammates. Fans can be makeshift – I’m not saying our fans are, but they can be. It’s hard to open up to people you really don’t know. That’s not me. That’s not my personality.

And if he was to apologize to the fans, would that even change your mind about him?
On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 5:15 pm, simonwayne wrote:
Chiefs are taking this division. Mark my words fellas

On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 2:57 pm, simonwayne wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised to see KC 2-0 Denver this year
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is what I heard.

I'm misunderstood. I'm being treated unfairly.

Here's what I didn't hear.

I'm in this situation because I did things that were wrong. I shouldn't have done them and my conduct wax wrong. It's my own fault and I'm taking responsibility for my actions.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brassglobos wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:

Because he should cae what fans think?

They pay his wages, so yeh - he probably should.

MUFC OK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: