Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Week 9 Detroit Lions @ Jacksonville Jaguars
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are back to .500 and need some help from the teams facing our divisional teams, but we are still in the playoff hunt.

Offense is starting to gel. Run game is shaping up nicely. Love that we bring in Reiff for those situations. He's very good in the run game.

If we can get Calvin healthy, and Titus starts getting his head in the game, our offense can put up a ton of points.

Our defense isn't too shabby. It'd be nice if we could get healthy. Jonte Green stepped up this game. Our DEs are still running out of plays, and our secondary is patched together, but they are keeping us in games and doing a good job.

Special teams is still our achilles heel. I don't know why Logan is still on this team. How many times does he have to call for a fair catch and watch the ball roll behind him and stop within 10 yards before we try someone else out there? Rolling Eyes

Next week will be huge for this team. If they can beat a division foe on the road and come out of it healthy, they can have some momentum heading into a very tough stretch.

Sig by Smack

2014 ADOPT-A-LION: DEVIN TAYLOR
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, we are sitting in the 7th seed in the NFC based on tiebreakers. If we can knock Minnesota out of there....

Sig by Smack

2014 ADOPT-A-LION: DEVIN TAYLOR
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
It is nice going into a game knowing how lopsided it should be. It is better that Detroit was able to finally back it up.

.500 and a long road ahead but team is clicking

The offence has shown some steady improvement. They are more balanced and have demonstrated an effective running game WHEN the blocking is there.

Broyles is settling in.

The offence just has to find a way to be in synch from the opening drive.

I feel a great deal better than I did prior to the Seattle game. The season really depends on how the Lions play the other North teams.

The losses against the Vikings and Bears hurt.

Think Ten loss hurts most really.

They all hurt but from a divisional race perspective North game are more important.

Yea. Sea not helping with that stellar D showing up so far again. Laughing

If they can pound on the Vikings all game it would help. A real tough bruising game. If they can win even better.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
ahoda

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Jag fans will defend Gabbert to no end. It is insane. Even saying he had a good game.

Not sure what game they were watching.

I think Gabbert is the worst starting QB in the NFL.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahoda wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Jag fans will defend Gabbert to no end. It is insane. Even saying he had a good game.

Have you been paying attention to the disasters that have been happening in KC?

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahoda wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Ponder is probably close

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
YlionsY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
ahoda wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Ponder is probably close

Gabbert
Ponder
Kolb/Skelton
Sanchez
Cassell/Quinn

Ponder is probably the best out of them because of potential but its not looking good.

Martz does like Gabbert though. Gabbert just gets the ball too fast to the receivers. Thats why the offense is so bad, because Gabbert is so good.
ahoda

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
ahoda wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Why would I want to see a train wreck when I got to see the Lions under Millen? Razz
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahoda wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
ahoda wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Why would I want to see a train wreck when I got to see the Lions under Millen? Razz

Just saying that I think that wreck in KC is producing the worst starting QB in the league, they even compete with the Lions ineptitude during the Millen years.

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
ahoda

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're probably right since I don't ever watch them. I've never liked anything about Gabbert dating back to his college days. Him and Ponder just made me scratch my head when they were drafted.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
ahoda wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Ponder is probably close

Gabbert
Ponder
Kolb/Skelton
Sanchez
Cassell/Quinn

Ponder is probably the best out of them because of potential but its not looking good.

Martz does like Gabbert though. Gabbert just gets the ball too fast to the receivers. Thats why the offense is so bad, because Gabbert is so good.

Gabbert doesn't have the arm strength to be attempting some of the plays called yesterday. He does just fine as long as they stick to intermediate and short passing plays.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
ahoda wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Ponder is probably close

Gabbert
Ponder
Kolb/Skelton
Sanchez
Cassell/Quinn

Gabbert doesn't have the arm strength to be attempting some of the plays called yesterday. He does just fine as long as they stick to intermediate and short passing plays.

Gabbert's interceptions really weren't his fault yesterday, but to say he played well is stretching it. Every pass beyond 10 yards was wildly off the mark. There's a reason he wound up with less than six yards per attempt despite completing better than 70% of his passes.

At least at the end of this year the Jags can just dump him. 29 starts is plenty of time to evaluate him and conclude he's no different than Joey Harrington or David Carr.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
YlionsY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
ahoda wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Ponder is probably close

Gabbert
Ponder
Kolb/Skelton
Sanchez
Cassell/Quinn

Dumb to have a QB like that. Waste talent of Blackmon if he ever gets it going.

Can only short pass it. I guess if he becomes a game manager it would work with their running game but I doubt MJD sticks around.

I think it should be time to move on from Gabbert.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
ahoda wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Ponder is probably close

Gabbert
Ponder
Kolb/Skelton
Sanchez
Cassell/Quinn

Dumb to have a QB like that. Waste talent of Blackmon if he ever gets it going.

Can only short pass it. I guess if he becomes a game manager it would work with their running game but I doubt MJD sticks around.

I think it should be time to move on from Gabbert.

I'm glad it's not my decision.

As fans we tend to doubt everything about other teams. Gabbert is never going to be a top five QB and I expect they knew that when they drafted him.

In reality how many times does a team go deep per game?

QB's are dependant on play calling and receivers ability. Gabbert is no different. He doesn't have high grade weapons and those he does have are having trouble holding the ball.

As for Blackmon I don't think it's a waste of his talent. Most of his receptions in college were quick outs and slants.

What's interesting is he's played 23 games, is 23 years old and so many are ready to move him out.

I think it's to early for final judgements.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahoda wrote:
You're probably right since I don't ever watch them. I've never liked anything about Gabbert dating back to his college days. Him and Ponder just made me scratch my head when they were drafted.

I expected Gabbert to be picked early since everyone projected him in the first round. Ponder, on the other hand, most people had in the 3rd or 4th round, which would have been a fine place to pick him and see if he can't develop into a starter. And that's about the way he's playing--he's doing about as well as Colt McCoy or Trent Edwards.

diehardlionfan wrote:
I'm glad it's not my decision.

As fans we tend to doubt everything about other teams. Gabbert is never going to be a top five QB and I expect they knew that when they drafted him.

In reality how many times does a team go deep per game?

QB's are dependant on play calling and receivers ability. Gabbert is no different. He doesn't have high grade weapons and those he does have are having trouble holding the ball.

As for Blackmon I don't think it's a waste of his talent. Most of his receptions in college were quick outs and slants.

What's interesting is he's played 23 games, is 23 years old and so many are ready to move him out.

I think it's to early for final judgements.

I find it hard to believe the Jags would have traded up to draft a QB 10th overall if they didn't think he had the potential to develop into a top-five QB. To help him on that end, they not only drafted Justin Blackmon with their latest first round pick, but they threw a bunch of money on Laurent Robinson in free agency, and re-signed Mike Thomas to a pretty sizable deal as well. They're obviously trying to make him work.

As for his age/experience, well, obviously he's going to finish out the year, so he'll have 31 starts until his belt by the time the year is over. If he doesn't show significant improvement in the second half of the season, the Jags are going to finish with a top five draft pick and they will find themselves in prime position to draft Geno Smith or Matt Barkley. Do you really think it's too soon to give up on Gabbert? He's shown very little that would lead me to believe he can be an adequate quarterback, much less a truly effective one. If I were a Jags fan, then yeah, I'd want them to go ahead and pull the plug.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 23 of 24

Jump to: