Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Blow it all up?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
KhanYouDigIt


Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 4707
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Blow it all up? Reply with quote

I love my Jags and will always love them but it's time to hit the reset button.

Get rid of Gene. Get rid of Mularkey and all of his coaches. Fire every scout. Draft a new QB. Keep the few talented players we have.


If there is a team that is less talented than us, I want to know what team that is. We have been getting destroyed on our home field. We have not been prepared. From time to time it looks like we lack effort.

How can anyone say they enjoy watching the product that is out on that field?

4th year of this rebuilding plan by Gene Smiff and this is some of the worst football I've seen in quite some time. We're not even competitive, that's so sad.


We deserve better. God bless all of you and hopefully you guys realize we need to blow it up.

It's going to be a happy day when we have a new GM, HC and QB. Make it happen Shad.
_________________


TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 21237
Location: Daboyle on the sig/ JMG on the avy
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I got an idea, let's keep all the same players, but let's move to Los Angeles! Clearly the fans here aren't supportive enough for this team to win!" Shad Khan.
_________________

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. V


Joined: 07 Sep 2011
Posts: 2697
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno Smith please
_________________

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jagman777


Joined: 30 May 2006
Posts: 6689
Location: 904
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We bad
_________________
StevePerry wrote:
Trust Steve. A belt buckle of that quality will change your life.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20654
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blow it all up so in 4 years people will complain again saying we need to blow it up?
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Its A Sabotage


Moderator
Joined: 14 May 2010
Posts: 35155
Location: Do. Your. Job.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already said Shad messed up not cleaning the entire house, ie GM, Coach, QB, etc...you can't half as.s a rebuild, and between faulty GM'ing and Coaching, we are where we are now.
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jagman777


Joined: 30 May 2006
Posts: 6689
Location: 904
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Blow it all up so in 4 years people will complain again saying we need to blow it up?



In gene I trust


Angel
_________________
StevePerry wrote:
Trust Steve. A belt buckle of that quality will change your life.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20654
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagman777 wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Blow it all up so in 4 years people will complain again saying we need to blow it up?



In gene I trust


Angel


It has nothing to do with Gene. Fire him; go ahead. But it is a mistake to gut the roster again. A big mistake that would just get us back to the same position we are now.
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mikeyfarley


Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Posts: 4430
Location: floride
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Blow it all up so in 4 years people will complain again saying we need to blow it up?
If we bring in competent people it shouldn't take close to 4 years, look at all the other teams that went from losing seasons to better teams. No coaches are given 4 years to turn a team around in the NFL these days. Any decent coach has his team at least competing for a playoff spot in it's 2nd year.


Gene Smith has clearly been terrible and a new GM from outside the current FO is needed. That GM should be given the power to hire a new HC if he wants to. And obviously make any decisions about the players how he sees fit.

Only a con man like Gene Smith would need 4 or more years to put a competitive team together.
_________________
scrimmage wrote:
Tebow just went PREIST MODE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20654
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeyfarley wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Blow it all up so in 4 years people will complain again saying we need to blow it up?
If we bring in competent people it shouldn't take close to 4 years, look at all the other teams that went from losing seasons to better teams. No coaches are given 4 years to turn a team around in the NFL these days. Any decent coach has his team at least competing for a playoff spot in it's 2nd year.


Gene Smith has clearly been terrible and a new GM from outside the current FO is needed. That GM should be given the power to hire a new HC if he wants to. And obviously make any decisions about the players how he sees fit.

Only a con man like Gene Smith would need 4 or more years to put a competitive team together.


Blowing things up for the sake of blowing things up is stupid. There are a lot of people in the organization and on the roster worth keeping in some capacity.

I'm not addressing the rest, because it's just your usual schtick.
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mikeyfarley


Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Posts: 4430
Location: floride
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
mikeyfarley wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Blow it all up so in 4 years people will complain again saying we need to blow it up?
If we bring in competent people it shouldn't take close to 4 years, look at all the other teams that went from losing seasons to better teams. No coaches are given 4 years to turn a team around in the NFL these days. Any decent coach has his team at least competing for a playoff spot in it's 2nd year.


Gene Smith has clearly been terrible and a new GM from outside the current FO is needed. That GM should be given the power to hire a new HC if he wants to. And obviously make any decisions about the players how he sees fit.

Only a con man like Gene Smith would need 4 or more years to put a competitive team together.


Blowing things up for the sake of blowing things up is stupid. There are a lot of people in the organization and on the roster worth keeping in some capacity.

I'm not addressing the rest, because it's just your usual schtick.


So let me get this straight. You think we should get a new GM but he shouldn't have the right to pick who makes the roster? Or who the HC should be?

Why would it be blowing things up just to blow them up? You really can't figure out 1 reason why it should be blown up?

Just about all the core players on the team are still from those Shack Harris drafts. the team was never completely gutted. A new GM will come in and build on what little he'll have to work with. It's not like every single player will get a pink slip the day a new GM is hired.
_________________
scrimmage wrote:
Tebow just went PREIST MODE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20654
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

~38 new players on a 53 man roster wasn't completely gutting the roster (with I believe ~11 rookies IIRC)

Yeah. Okay.

The rest of your post was twisting my words around.
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jagman777


Joined: 30 May 2006
Posts: 6689
Location: 904
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
jagman777 wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Blow it all up so in 4 years people will complain again saying we need to blow it up?



In gene I trust


Angel


It has nothing to do with Gene. Fire him; go ahead. But it is a mistake to gut the roster again. A big mistake that would just get us back to the same position we are now.









_________________
StevePerry wrote:
Trust Steve. A belt buckle of that quality will change your life.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20654
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That wasn't the point of the post.
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mikeyfarley


Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Posts: 4430
Location: floride
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
~38 new players on a 53 man roster wasn't completely gutting the roster (with I believe ~11 rookies IIRC)

Yeah. Okay.

The rest of your post was twisting my words around.


Most of those guys were backup level guys that were easily replaceable, or they were over the hill starters that would have left the team in a year or two anyway.

If you look at how many starters were on the team the year before Shack, and still on the team starting 3 years later, there was the same amount of change as there was between Shack's final season and the starters last year.

Gene did cut a few more backups and below average starters 4 years ago than usual but the team didn't change much. Right now the core of the team is still MJD, Lewis, Greg Jones, Meester(from before Shack), Nwaneri, Daryl Smith, Mincey, Rashean Mathis, Scobee. Gene hasn't even brought in 1 new guy a year that can be counted as a core player.

Gene was able to fool the public into believing there was this massive, unheard of change to the roster, basically so that he had a built-in excuse for being a bad GM the 1st 2 years.

a real GM wouldn't get rid of any contributing players until a new guy is on the roster that has proven he can fill that role better than the old player.

If that number is correct that there was 38 new players in 09(I'm assuming that's the year you're talking about) more than likely 30+ of them have proven to be scrubs. That's why we need such a big change in the worst kind of way.
_________________
scrimmage wrote:
Tebow just went PREIST MODE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group