Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Miami appears ready to change logo/ good or bad?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SUG

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we were to replace all of the white for that "shimmering light grey" & keep all the other the logo & color scheme exactly the way it is now I think that would be really cool.

sug
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And while they are at it include some more bold colors in the uniforms.
SuperDolfan13

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said it before and I'll say it again....

SuperDolfan13 wrote:
[-X Shame on all of you who are calling for color changes! You guys that want black or gray or navy instead of teal and orange or take off the dolphin and add an "M" im appalled...What do fans of teams cheer for? Yes we cheer for players, but they come and leave in a few short years all the time. Loyalties lie with the team and their identity. You cheer for the colors the logo, the uniform everything that represents the identity of the franchise. We are the MIAMI DOLPHINS! We are teal and orange. To change those colors would be to forget our roots of being founded in 1966 in a city in south Fla. where those colors were hip and cool. We are called the Dolphins and we wear a dolphin on our helmet that is leaping to the sun. We have worn these colors and used that logo when we hired shula, when we won 2 superbowls in the 70's, when we went 14-0, when Marino shattered every record in the book, and when guys like Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas where giving offensive coordinators headaches trying to game plan. Those colors and that logo is our history its our identity its the banner we fly as fans...never change it, never

^Props to Waldo
"So the last shall be first, and first shall be last." Matthew 20:16
Dolphin Dave

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
Dolphin Dave wrote:
God that logo sucks!

Easy ... take it easy there DD !!! Shocked

sug

Your right Sug. I might have been a bit to strong with my wording. I'll try again.

God that logo really blows?

Better? Laughing

frankmoore wrote:
The hero doesn't always ride off into the sunset with the girl, sometimes he ends up on the wrong end of the lightsaber.
SUG

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphin Dave wrote:
SUG wrote:
Dolphin Dave wrote:
God that logo sucks!

Easy ... take it easy there DD !!! Shocked

sug

Your right Sug. I might have been a bit to strong with my wording. I'll try again.

God that logo really blows?

Better? Laughing

Ughhh .... it's quite hard for me to be me usual evil self in response to that.
Your just too nice of guy which kills your "street cred" around here.

Laughing

Note: I'll be there for the Seattle gm over Thanksgiving so PM me OK.

sug
Deadeye

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperDolfan13 wrote:

SuperDolfan13 wrote:
Shame on you Shame on all of you who are calling for color changes! You guys that want black or gray or navy instead of teal and orange or take off the dolphin and add an "M" im appalled...What do fans of teams cheer for? Yes we cheer for players, but they come and leave in a few short years all the time. Loyalties lie with the team and their identity. You cheer for the colors the logo, the uniform everything that represents the identity of the franchise. We are the MIAMI DOLPHINS! We are teal and orange. To change those colors would be to forget our roots of being founded in 1966 in a city in south Fla. where those colors were hip and cool. We are called the Dolphins and we wear a dolphin on our helmet that is leaping to the sun. We have worn these colors and used that logo when we hired shula, when we won 2 superbowls in the 70's, when we went 14-0, when Marino shattered every record in the book, and when guys like Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas where giving offensive coordinators headaches trying to game plan. Those colors and that logo is our history its our identity its the banner we fly as fans...never change it, never
Dude, I'm not suggesting that Miami needs to change their colors. Hold on, that's not true because we do need to drop the stupid-as-[inappropriate/removed] navy blue from the uniform.

But it appears that we are going to get a color change and logo change. That is beyond our control. So the discussion is about this, "If change we must, what change would you prefer to see?"

My preference is as follows:

1) Drop the navy blue
2) Do away with the "Charlie Tuna" logo and go back to a realistic looking Dolphin.
3) Take the helmet off the Dolphin, and add the "M" in teal somewhere else in the logo to make up for it.
4) The only new color that should be added is grey. First, because it will look great with a retro grey facemask. Second, DOLPHINS ARE GREY IN REAL LIFE, HELLO. And third, grey is a great neutral color. It's similar to white in the sense that having that color in the uniform doesn't overshadow the other colors, teal and orange.
5) I would consider darkening the teal, and making the orange heavier.
SuperDolfan13

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadeye wrote:
SuperDolfan13 wrote:

SuperDolfan13 wrote:
[-X Shame on all of you who are calling for color changes! You guys that want black or gray or navy instead of teal and orange or take off the dolphin and add an "M" im appalled...What do fans of teams cheer for? Yes we cheer for players, but they come and leave in a few short years all the time. Loyalties lie with the team and their identity. You cheer for the colors the logo, the uniform everything that represents the identity of the franchise. We are the MIAMI DOLPHINS! We are teal and orange. To change those colors would be to forget our roots of being founded in 1966 in a city in south Fla. where those colors were hip and cool. We are called the Dolphins and we wear a dolphin on our helmet that is leaping to the sun. We have worn these colors and used that logo when we hired shula, when we won 2 superbowls in the 70's, when we went 14-0, when Marino shattered every record in the book, and when guys like Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas where giving offensive coordinators headaches trying to game plan. Those colors and that logo is our history its our identity its the banner we fly as fans...never change it, never
Dude, I'm not suggesting that Miami needs to change their colors. Hold on, that's not true because we do need to drop the stupid-as-[inappropriate/removed] navy blue from the uniform.

But it appears that we are going to get a color change and logo change. That is beyond our control. So the discussion is about this, "If change we must, what change would you prefer to see?"

My preference is as follows:

1) Drop the navy blue
2) Do away with the "Charlie Tuna" logo and go back to a realistic looking Dolphin.
3) Take the helmet off the Dolphin, and add the "M" in teal somewhere else in the logo to make up for it.
4) The only new color that should be added is grey. First, because it will look great with a retro grey facemask. Second, DOLPHINS ARE GREY IN REAL LIFE, HELLO. And third, grey is a great neutral color. It's similar to white in the sense that having that color in the uniform doesn't overshadow the other colors, teal and orange.
5) I would consider darkening the teal, and making the orange heavier.

I am not a fan of the grey dolphin nor a dolphin without a helmet. I like the teal dolphin and the m helmet. If we are to change we should update our logo in such a way that preserves our tradition. Keep teal and orange. Tweaking the colors is ok by me. We have tweaked them in the past but never eradicated them. I don't want to do that now. If they do make major changes maybe it will look better than the image I have imagined in my head, but I would prefer they didn't make major changes.

I would gladly accept a logo change like the one I described. It would be exciting, maybe create a new buzz about the team. If nothing else people will need to buy shirts and hats with the new logo so from a money standpoint it makes sense.

Here is what I would like to see because I really liked this logo:
[/img]

^Props to Waldo
"So the last shall be first, and first shall be last." Matthew 20:16

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: