Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Miami appears ready to change logo/ good or bad?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patdt13

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphin Dave wrote:
God that logo sucks!

Xbox Live GT: With The Tide
ukdolfan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all depends on what it is changed to for me.

I hope all of the traditional aspects are kept however.

^ Jamison on the sig.
Russ57

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I must be really be out of touch with reality.

How many here think the Dolphins will ever have the attendance that some of the other teams enjoy regardless of wins/loss, uniforms, stadiums, superbowls, etc.?

I am of the frame of mind that we simply have too many good choices and not enough dollars to go around. Given the choice of watching the miami dolphins on TV or laying out the bucks to go catch some dolphin.....compared to watching a fishing show and attending the game....Plez!

Not like I'm in chesse head land in the middle of the winter. We have every major spot, tons of great places to eat and party, loads of good concerts, fishing and beaches full of babes to die for.....Way too many competeing interests to think we are going to pack the stadium. I don't seee Miami as ever being a place where people are going to have to get on waiting lists, and hope for folks to die, so they can get season tickets.

Lets remember that when the dolphins were great we didn't have the same choices and games were within the reach of the "common man".
phinmun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russ57 wrote:
Wow, I must be really be out of touch with reality.

How many here think the Dolphins will ever have the attendance that some of the other teams enjoy regardless of wins/loss, uniforms, stadiums, superbowls, etc.?

I am of the frame of mind that we simply have too many good choices and not enough dollars to go around. Given the choice of watching the miami dolphins on TV or laying out the bucks to go catch some dolphin.....compared to watching a fishing show and attending the game....Plez!

Not like I'm in chesse head land in the middle of the winter. We have every major spot, tons of great places to eat and party, loads of good concerts, fishing and beaches full of babes to die for.....Way too many competeing interests to think we are going to pack the stadium. I don't seee Miami as ever being a place where people are going to have to get on waiting lists, and hope for folks to die, so they can get season tickets.

Lets remember that when the dolphins were great we didn't have the same choices and games were within the reach of the "common man".

We've all heard that argument. It might be true and it might be overblown. The bottom line is that stadiums that are 50% full don't remain that way for long. Either the team will move or Ross will dump the franchise on someone else.

I swear there are more people at Hurricane games than Dolphins games however. Am I seeing things? Maybe everyone at those Saturday games in just in the lower deck so it looks more crowded.

The bottom line though is something has to change. A stadium that's only half-way filled is a serious problem. It's not something we'll see for 20 years. Either it'll change, ownership changes will kill us or we'll lose the team. One of the three will happen and only 1 allows us to even have a chance at what we want and that's the first one, solving the problem.

So it needs to happen.
ajiggel72

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I had a link but it was on twitter either Agler or Volin said Dee had contact the artist, Guy Harvey to redraw the logo. Google him to see some of his work- if you do not know him.

Separately, I have heard multiple rumblings that grey may be a more prominent color in the logo- as well as being a new all grey alternate and getting rid of the orange alternate. This was all on a nike message board some where in cyberspace- so who really knows but I would be okay with "dolphinizing" the dolphin.
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajiggel72 wrote:
Wish I had a link but it was on twitter either Agler or Volin said Dee had contact the artist, Guy Harvey to redraw the logo. Google him to see some of his work- if you do not know him.

Separately, I have heard multiple rumblings that grey may be a more prominent color in the logo- as well as being a new all grey alternate and getting rid of the orange alternate. This was all on a nike message board some where in cyberspace- so who really knows but I would be okay with "dolphinizing" the dolphin.
That's what I suggested years ago.

Too bad now that Oregon and OSU have made grey a trendy color to use, we'll look like a bunch of trend-followers once again. We gained that rep by adding navy blue trim to our uniform right smack-dab in the middle of the asinine "everyone wear black" trend that started in the 90s.

But if changing the logo we must, I favor adding grey, subtracting navy blue, and keeping the logo essentially the same. I would make the dolphin grey, loose the helmet, and tweak the sunburst.

EDIT - I agree with Merc 100%, I don't trust Ross with this. He's too much of a buffoon. He didn't grow up a Dolphin fan and it seems likely that he's not in tune with what "true fans" are willing to see altered.
Shashiaj

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphin Dave wrote:
God that logo sucks!

I agree....
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajiggel72 wrote:

Here are some images of Harvey's work...

I personally like Guy Harvey's stuff, but I'm not sure how his style will translate to a football logo...
Deadeye

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
I personally like Guy Harvey's stuff, but I'm not sure how his style will translate to a football logo...
That's a good question. Hopefuly it will mean the Dolphin on the logo is more realistic, like the original logo. I really dislike the "cartoon" Dolphin we current use.
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the realistic look idea and I love the idea of more grey. Still want the white pants/helmet. I just don't really like any other type.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small changed I'd like to see:

Can we please get a white facemask on the helmet? I'm sorry but in the football world there is nothing better than white on white. I'd like to see something cool done with the helmet stripe too.

I'm meh on the logo. I'd love to see a retro throwback, but highly doubt a repackage is going to feature anything like what we've really seen before. Streamline it, make it less of a cartoon.

Take the colors to one of the extremes...I think Nike could have a LOT of fun with a bright, neon orange. Just look what they do with Oregon's green. However, if we don't want to go that route, can we pal these colors down? Make that aqua teal more grey scale? Make that orange more Rocky Top Tennessee Vol orange? Something about the hue of colors the way they are now...just doesn't go for me.

Lastly, can we get a Seahawks type nameplate on the front shoulder?

Sorry, but white on white with a teal stripe and orange font would be the greatest thing I've ever seen. Or an orange stripe with white font.

Just some food for thought.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
Deadeye

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping for a grey facemask myself.
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadeye wrote:
I was hoping for a grey facemask myself.

I could get on board with that bro!

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
SUG

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphin Dave wrote:
God that logo sucks!

Easy ... take it easy there DD !!! Shocked

sug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: