Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Miami appears ready to change logo/ good or bad?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pope137

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Miami appears ready to change logo/ good or bad? Reply with quote

A beat writer I believe Volin tweeted logo Changes appear very likely for Miami. Said deadline for submission to league is in November.

Can someone link this for me thanks.

I'm very torn on this. I wouldn't mind a small change but something drastic wouldn't be good to me. Just my 2cents
Deets

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not happy to hear this at all. Any links?

FF Member #67
joeyL.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this too!
Not happy at all.

^^^packerbacker87, mad props yo.
"
This is America, the land of individualism, civil
disobedience and footballs that dont roll like the rest of the world wants them to"
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last offseason there were significant rumors of changing uniforms and logos coming this offseason after the Nike implementation.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
Not happy to hear this at all. Any links?

Quote:
Jesse Agler‏@finsjesse

Mike Dee tells us the deadline to decide on new uniforms/logo is "looming." Says there will "likely" be changes. Doesn't sound drastic, tho.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not pleased but I suppose I'll withhold judgement until I see the proposed logos.
DOLFAN016

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://fansided.com/2012/10/30/changes-coming-to-miami-dolphins-uniforms/

FWIW...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No reason to change at all. Unless they go with throwbacks! Laughing
phinmun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might sound silly but Miami could probably use the change. Miami is lacking fans and most importantly fan attendance. I believe there's a disconnect between older Dolphins fans and a lack of excitement amongst the young people who should be inheriting that fan-dom. Miami needs hype and excitement. Stephen Ross has one of the most difficult jobs because he can't just draft Andrew Luck or RGIII and call it a success. The stadium's still half empty. Jeff Ireland has fought a hard fight bringing this roster up from nothing but that battle is a small one compared to Ross' fight. There's a whole losing culture in Miami that's been there for a long time. This is a team that no one in the media wants to talk about. This is a team that gets very little exposure for being in what I would assume is a rather large market in terms of people.

I could definitely see Ross looking at the depressing state of the franchise (business-wise) and making a logo-change a small, aesthetic part of a 5- or 10-year plan of expansion and growth. We need the Dolphins to do more than just improve as a football team. We're at the bottom in attendance and have been for years now. That has to change or the Dolphins could see disastrous things happen like the moving of the franchise or simply the influx of new ownership one after the other. That would guarantee us status as one of the league's worst teams year-in, year-out.

I could totally see this happening. Nike just updated the uniforms but we didn't see much happening. I could definitely see the team changing a few things to update it's image and attempt to cross over into a new era. It's on the list on things that will inevitably happen and the period where the franchise is crawling out of nothingness seems as a good a time as ever.
phinsforlife

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very torn on this. I'm gonna wait till I see what the changes are to make any judgements.
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

100% right Phinum. One of the reasons I just can't fault Ross for doing what he does. He doesn't just want to win, he wants Miami to go back to being Miami. It starts with winning but look at us, 4-3 and the media is still talking about the last place Jets and what they can do to come back.

Last season I head one of the main ideas was getting rid of the face of the Phin, since we can't get it right. Something like the Dolphins stadium logo with the sun behind it. Not exactly like that but probably close. I wonder how the Uni's will look, I always wanted more orange.

Last edited by WaterBear56 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a huge fan of this idea. Not because I don't think a logo change is in order, but because I don't trust Ross and company to make a good decision.

I'll wait and see what uniform they choose before I chide him to much, but his desire to turn the Dolphins into a team that has a "LA LAKERS" showtime feel is terrifying. Ross is clearly out of touch. Fergie, Gloria Estefan and Jimmy Buffet aren't going to have the younger crowds scaling the fences to get in. And a logo change to the die hard older group isn't gonna sell a ton of tickets.

Winning in the playoffs is what will bring respectability back to South Florida and put asses in the seats. Changing colors and parading the Marc Anthony around on a float at halftime ain't gonna do a thing.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its anything but a minor change, I'll be upset. I love our current logo.

I'll reserve final judgement until we know more, though.

Nacho Simulation Football League
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterBear56 wrote:
100% right Phinum. One of the reasons I just can't fault Ross for doing what he does. He doesn't just want to win, he wants Miami to go back to being Miami. It starts with winning but look at us, 4-3 and the media is still talking the last place Jets and what they can do to come back.

Last season I head one of the main ideas was getting rid of the face of the Phin, since we can't get it right. Something like the Dolphins stadium logo with the sun behind it. Not exactly like that but probably close. I wonder how the Uni's will look, I always wanted more orange.

I could live with something like this... but I'd prefer no change, to be honest.

Nacho Simulation Football League
Dolphin Dave

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God that logo sucks!

frankmoore wrote:
The hero doesn't always ride off into the sunset with the girl, sometimes he ends up on the wrong end of the lightsaber.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: