Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade Deadline Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
klyon7634

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
so your saying RW sucks?? the guy is in his rookie season. god for bid he doesnt look like peyton manning out there. In fact i remember hearing somewhere tha through the first 8 games of their rookie seasons RW and Brees have similar stats.

Uh oh, it's the Wilson police Laughing

Yea, he's sucked for the most part. Not to the degree that other QBs have, but he has. When exactly was the line drawn in so black and white that a QB was either sucking or looking "like Peyton Manning out there"? I realize the guys a rookie. He's been good for a rookie. But looking at his play in relation to EVERYONE around him, he's sucked. It's not complete suck, which is why I put Matt Cassel in there. Wilson has been a pretty mediocre QB to put it best.

I'll put it this way. If Matt Flynn was starting and did everything that Wilson has done to this point, people would be demanding that we start Wilson at this point. If Flynn was playing like this for another team, we would all say he's sucking.

wtf are you talking about? what has RW done that is so bad? Maybe you should look at the numbers because his season is right on par with alot of Rookie QBs over the years. I bet if Flynn had the same stats as Wilson you would still be all over him and thinking he was the best qb in the league. pretty much what im saying is RW has played pretty well for a rookie and he is only going to get better. You sit here and bash people b.c we like wilson and say we are drinking the kool aid when your obviously drinking the flynn kool aid because you think he is the greatest QB to ever walk the earth.

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
so your saying RW sucks?? the guy is in his rookie season. god for bid he doesnt look like peyton manning out there. In fact i remember hearing somewhere tha through the first 8 games of their rookie seasons RW and Brees have similar stats.

Yea, he's sucked for the most part. Not to the degree that other QBs have, but he has. When exactly was the line drawn in so black and white that a QB was either sucking or looking "like Peyton Manning out there"? I realize the guys a rookie. He's been good for a rookie. But looking at his play in relation to EVERYONE around him, he's sucked. It's not complete suck, which is why I put Matt Cassel in there. Wilson has been a pretty mediocre QB to put it best.

I'll put it this way. If Matt Flynn was starting and did everything that Wilson has done to this point, people would be demanding that we start Wilson at this point. If Flynn was playing like this for another team, we would all say he's sucking.

wtf are you talking about? what has RW done that is so bad? Maybe you should look at the numbers because his season is right on par with alot of Rookie QBs over the years. I bet if Flynn had the same stats as Wilson you would still be all over him and thinking he was the best qb in the league. pretty much what im saying is RW has played pretty well for a rookie and he is only going to get better. You sit here and bash people b.c we like wilson and say we are drinking the kool aid when your obviously drinking the flynn kool aid because you think he is the greatest QB to ever walk the earth.

Nobody is saying Flynn is the best QB in the NFL. What I'm specifically saying is that that team was poised to make a run deep into the playoffs. We went out and got the best free agent QB on the market, outside of Peyton Manning and instead of doing what was right and playing him, we put in a 3rd round rookie who can only lead us to a 4-4 record so far (0-3 in the division), despite the defense only giving up an average of 16.7 points per game. You can't refute any of these facts.
klyon7634

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:

Nobody is saying Flynn is the best QB in the NFL. What I'm specifically saying is that that team was poised to make a run deep into the playoffs. We went out and got the best free agent QB on the market, outside of Peyton Manning and instead of doing what was right and playing him, we put in a 3rd round rookie who can only lead us to a 4-4 record so far (0-3 in the division), despite the defense only giving up an average of 16.7 points per game. You can't refute any of these facts.

and how do we know we would be better with Flynn?

#JDI
Tooki

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:

God how many times do I have to tell you

Matt Flynn got injured (and would have missed the Week 1 game). Matt Flynn did not do enough to say that he is clearly the best option for Seattle at QB. Russell Wilson has the respect of the team, and is in a groove with this team.

If you think that it's so simple to pull out a QB (with Russell Wilson's standing) then you need to get your head out of the sand.

(And as I've also said many times, I'm not a Russell Wilson homer and I wanted Matt Flynn to start the season)
klyon7634

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:

Matt Flynn got injured (and would have missed the Week 1 game). Matt Flynn did not do enough to say that he is clearly the best option for Seattle at QB. Russell Wilson has the respect of the team, and is in a groove with this team.

If you think that it's so simple to pull out a QB (with Russell Wilson's standing) then you need to get your head out of the sand.

(And as I've also said many times, I'm not a Russell Wilson homer and I wanted Matt Flynn to start the season)

during the pre season i was 50-50 on who should start. Once Wilson won the job i supported him and he hasnt done anything that makes me say Flynn would be a better option. He has done a pretty damn good job for a rookie. yea he has made rookie mistakes but so does every other rookie. Its just dumb to say he has sucked so far. His rookie season stats are right up there with alot of QBs rookie season (almost exactly the same as brees rookie season to this point). I just laugh when they call us RW lovers and flip out because we stick up for and we support our QB but it is ok for them to sit on Flynns jock 24/7. This is exactly why i just wanted to leave this forum a few weeks ago because our opinions are stupid and we know nothing but they feel they know everything and that their opinions are always correct and the way things should be

#JDI
Sacks98

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same i didn't really care who started i don't know if he is our franchise QB but i really haven't seen anything alarming that he should be replaced by Flynn.
Tooki

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
Tooki wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:

during the pre season i was 50-50 on who should start. Once Wilson won the job i supported him and he hasnt done anything that makes me say Flynn would be a better option. He has done a pretty damn good job for a rookie. yea he has made rookie mistakes but so does every other rookie. Its just dumb to say he has sucked so far. His rookie season stats are right up there with alot of QBs rookie season (almost exactly the same as brees rookie season to this point). I just laugh when they call us RW lovers and flip out because we stick up for and we support our QB but it is ok for them to sit on Flynns jock 24/7. This is exactly why i just wanted to leave this forum a few weeks ago because our opinions are stupid and we know nothing but they feel they know everything and that their opinions are always correct and the way things should be

Ok I overreacted Very Happy

Look I just let the RW homers be homers. I'm a big Bobby Wagner homer now so run at me when I say that if he continues developing, he WILL be a Top-5 MLB in the future.

And at the end of the day, we want what's best for this team. Russell Wilson has won me with his attitude, but I'll still be critical of him.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:

Wilson ranks 27th in the NFL in passing yards.

Wilson ranks 32nd in the NFL in passing yards per game.

Wilson ranks 20th in the NFL in passer rating.

Wilson ranks 17th in the NFL in completion percentage.

How much more proof do you need that Flynn at least deserved a chance?
Tooki

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
Tooki wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:

As I said before, my debate is on how the team would take to Wilson being demoted like this. If a receiver is playing crap, you can simply move guys around. Flynn isn't the leader on O. And Wilson is a rookie as well, he deserves a slight pass for his low-end stats.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
Tooki wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:

As I said before, my debate is on how the team would take to Wilson being demoted like this. If a receiver is playing crap, you can simply move guys around. Flynn isn't the leader on O. And Wilson is a rookie as well, he deserves a slight pass for his low-end stats.

Who cares if the players are [inappropriate/removed]? They are the workers and the coaching staff is management. They just have to go out and do their jobs, no matter what changes are made. It's not up to them.

As far as Wilson being a rookie, I don't care. I want the best QB starting and it doesn't matter to me one bit, if he's a rookie or a 10 year veteran.
Tooki

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, don't care then. This is a young team. Watch the Real Rob Report and you will see the respect that Russell Wilson has.

As crap as T-Jack was last year, he had the respect of the team as well.

Pete loves Russell Wilson, and he is showing some promise. Matt Flynn will have a chance to earn the start if he still here next year.
klyon7634

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im done i really am. Osprey knows everything and what he says is what should happen. We mind as well make him head coach so we can go 16-0 and win the super bowl 15 straight years because he is amazing and knows all.

BOW TO OSPREY!!!!!!!

#JDI
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
Cool, don't care then. This is a young team. Watch the Real Rob Report and you will see the respect that Russell Wilson has.

Pete loves Russell Wilson, and he is showing some promise. Matt Flynn will have a chance to earn the start if he still here next year.

That says it all. Is respect for a guy, supposed to trump performance? I certainly hope not.

Matt Flynn definitely WILL NOT be here next year, unless he is starting. Do you honestly believe that we'd keep a $20 million backup?
Tooki

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
Tooki wrote:

That says it all. Is respect for a guy, supposed to trump performance? I certainly hope not.

Matt Flynn definitely WILL NOT be here next year, unless he is starting. Do you honestly believe that we'd keep a $20 million backup?

The QB is the definition of team leader. The best teams flow through their QB. Believe me, I would have appointed Matt Flynn to start from Day-1. But you are too blind to see that Russell Wilson is improving to such an extent that he should still have the chance to start.

And don't give me that $20 million crap. Only $8 of it is guaranteed. He is a $3 million backup this season, which is hardly the end of the world, especially given that we comfortably under the cap this season. I am one who doesn't believe that a player's contract should be a factor in whether a player starts or not.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those QB stats are a bit misleading Wilson only gets 25 attempts on average we run the ball a lot i would also like to argue that our team doesn't really have a lot of weapons to throw to outside of Sidney Rice and possibly Baldwin if he can stay healthy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: