Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Damontre Moore DE TX A&M, a Brown?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Damontre Moore DE TX A&M, a Brown? Reply with quote

Damontre Moore*, DE/OLB, Texas A&M
Height: 6-4. Weight: 255.
Projected 40 Time: 4.70.

President Mike Holmgren and Co. have assembled quite a bit of talent but they are putting a great deal of faith in a team largely lacking NFL experience. If the Browns are picking this early yet again and assuming the front office and coaching staff remain intact for 2013, Cleveland will be looking for immediate impact with this pick, which almost surely means a pass rusher. Moore, who has starred as a pass-rushing linebacker and traditional defensive end for the Aggies, leads the SEC with 10.5 sacks and ranks first among all FBS down defensive linemen with 65 total tackles.

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Damontre Moore DE TX A&M, a Brown? Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:

President Mike Holmgren and Co. have assembled quite a bit of talent but they are putting a great deal of faith in a team largely lacking NFL experience. If the Browns are picking this early yet again and assuming the front office and coaching staff remain intact for 2013, Cleveland will be looking for immediate impact with this pick, which almost surely means a pass rusher. Moore, who has starred as a pass-rushing linebacker and traditional defensive end for the Aggies, leads the SEC with 10.5 sacks and ranks first among all FBS down defensive linemen with 65 total tackles.

If you are going to quote CBS, please link to CBS

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfldraftscout-RobRang

Albiet that was about Jones not Moore.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Damontre Moore DE TX A&M, a Brown? Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

If you are going to quote CBS, please link to CBS

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfldraftscout-RobRang

Albiet that was about Jones not Moore.

Actually I spliced to different quotes from CBS. I didn't quote them because they didn't actually say what I put together for the Browns.

Be that as it may. Point is a down lineman pass rusher is needed at RDE and Moore is producing in the quote "toughest conference in the NCAA" while making a position change from 34 OLB and switching conferences.

Is production everything? No. Is size and speed everything? No. Is production vs talent everything? No.

But the guy has all three which warrant notice and interest IMO.

Thoughts?

cattleman78

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moore becomes a possibility if we are not drafting top 7 or 8.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cattleman78 wrote:
Moore becomes a possibility if we are not drafting top 7 or 8.

He's 1a on my RDE list

bulldog

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH, I'm not really impressed watching him. Gets his sacks off hustle. Not with smooth looking pass rush moves.

He needs a lot of coaching on hand use, angles, and leverage. And he's going to have to get much stronger to play as a full time RDE at the next level.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO Moore won't even be the best pass rusher to come from his own team.

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

KamTrus20

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
IMO Moore won't even be the best pass rusher to come from his own team.

Sean Porter? Not a fan of his at all. He was suppose to be what Jarvis Jones has become and they guy isn't 1/4 as talented.

Jamison on the sig
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just personally see them both as 3-4 backers. Idk just not a big fan of Moore I would rather have dion jordan

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

KamTrus20

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
I just personally see them both as 3-4 backers. Idk just not a big fan of Moore I would rather have dion jordan

I would too. Jordan has elite potential whereas the other high rated DEs don't IMO. Some have high ceilings and some have high floors but Jordan has potential through the roof.

Damontre Moore is far more talented than Sean Porter is all I was saying. Moore is no scrub either he is a legit Top 20 pick.

Jamison on the sig
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

I would too. Jordan has elite potential whereas the other high rated DEs don't IMO. Some have high ceilings and some have high floors but Jordan has potential through the roof.

Damontre Moore is far more talented than Sean Porter is all I was saying. Moore is no scrub either he is a legit Top 20 pick.

Oh I'm sure he is a top 20 pick but top 5 or 10 good?

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly with the exception of Jordan whom has limitless potential. I really don't like this de class one bit

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

DawgX

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen enough of Texas A&M this year to say if I like him or not. I think I'd prefer to address another position in the first round while either taking a DE later on in the draft or signing one. Then, maybe the Browns could go after Clowney in 2014. If they miss out on him, then it's probably because they played well enough where they weren't in a position to draft him. Obviously this all depends on what players are available along with other factors.
BocaRatonBrown1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

Oh I'm sure he is a top 20 pick but top 5 or 10 good?

He has the look...

KamTrus20

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Honestly with the exception of Jordan whom has limitless potential. I really don't like this de class one bit

For the most part I agree, however there are some DEs I would really likr in the right spot. Datone Jones from UCLA is going to be a very good player in this league but he's not what we are looking for at DE as he is a very powerful guy who can play LE, DT and UT. Ezekiel Ansah from BYU has big time potential as well. I worry about his age, however, as those African birth certicate tend to be lies a lot so guys can look younger to get a break in sports over here. Lavar Edwards from LSU is a very good player who is overshaddowed by Mingo and Montgomery. Better overall player than Mingo easy but again its about sports in the draft and I wouldn't wanna go any higher than late 4th for him. I want to see more of Kareem Martin of North Carolina bc his is long, fast, and physical. Travis Long of Washington State is another mid to late round guy who is playing very impressive right now.

As for the 1st round guys I only have 4 graded in the 1st and Okafor is very boarderline. The other 3 being 1. Dion Jordan 2. Sam Montgomery and 3. DaMontre Moore.

Jamison on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: